Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think we are gambling on McGinn recovering fitness and maybe integrating Ramsey

I dont think we will sign one unless pick up an injury

I hope not. We definitely need another midfielder. McGinn and Luiz are nailed on but the competition is Hourihane and Nakamba which is frankly not enough.

I like Hourihane for what he's done for us but he's not good enough as a starter and while personally I think Nakamba will get better we still need a proven player there. I think we'll sign someone out of the blue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Loads of people rate Grealish. There's a few that think he's overrated, but even those people caveat it by saying they'd still want him in their team and he's got lots of talent. Most Man U fans want to sign the guy (and they're one of the most critical fanbases in the world), just not for £80m. 

Grealish bought a house in Manchester and his Dad got massive payment for Grealish move that he spilled the beans about drunk at a racetrack. I read this on internet and neither of these things are true just like all the bullshit advanced talks with Man U rumours but the world is full of gullible idiots 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Let's be honest, we'd love to sign a player like this even if last season wasn't his best. Our wingers or Draxler, hmm tough choice. 

But he has done nothing in 3 or 4 years for abput 125k a week. Nah

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

God I hate the media because I not long read that hes due to have medical today.

28 million though the reported figure, Not so happy about breaking our Transfer record on a championship player, brentford yet again have seen us coming a mile off.

Why not bloody pay the extra 12 million an sign Edouard, are we on the same transfer planet as everyone else??

£40m on an SPL player?!

That's a much bigger risk than Watkins.

• Like 1

Mostly stuff we already knew. I'm just wondering if Ollie Watkins isn't our club record transfer for too long...

The current links appear to be

GK: Martinez / Romero / Joronen?

M: Swift

W: He who shall not be named?

F: King

Fully expect there to be players we've not even been linked with so far that arrive before the window shuts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

God I hate the media because I not long read that hes due to have medical today.

28 million though the reported figure, Not so happy about breaking our Transfer record on a championship player, brentford yet again have seen us coming a mile off.

Why not bloody pay the extra 12 million an sign Edouard, are we on the same transfer planet as everyone else??

Should've paid 40 million for Haller or Joelinton last season. I do like Eduoard though. Promise me we'll get an end of season review from you on Watkins assuming deal is done 

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Grealish bought a house in Manchester and his Dad got massive payment for Grealish move that he spilled the beans about drunk at a racetrack. I read this on internet and neither of these things are true just like all the bullshit advanced talks with Man U rumours but the world is full of gullible idiots 

I made no reference to him buying a house, or whether Man U interest was genuine 🙄 I was talking about them rating him or not. Read what I wrote. And no, I am not a gullible idiot.

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

Mostly stuff we already knew. I'm just wondering if Ollie Watkins isn't our club record transfer for too long...

Fully expect there to be players we've not even been linked with so far that arrive before the window shuts.

I think the Joronen link is the most likely.

We were never in for Wilson. It was the laziest of links. 

With the Championship window staying open for Premier League sides slightly longer and our delayed start, I wouldn’t be surprised if Benrahma or Buendia are signed. 

Interesting few weeks ahead. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've addressed this repeatedly on here. There was no Spurs interest until Football London (a laughable football opinion piece rumour site) did article saying Watkins would be perfect backup to Kane then other sites did according to Football London Spurs are interested in Watkins. Absolute nonsense from the get go. Levy would never pay that

Its unlikely indeed, especially now that he can't offer Josh Onomah as part of the deal. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

£40m on an SPL player?!

That's a much bigger risk than Watkins.

Do you think?? I thought Edouard would of been a better fit, I spose now Watkins is imminent that I do hope your right anyhow.

4 minutes ago, Wes said:

I'll take King and Martinez but please not Swift. 

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

I made no reference to him buying a house, or whether Man U interest was genuine 🙄 I was talking about them rating him or not. Read what I wrote. And no, I am not a gullible idiot.

Didn't say you were. All the Man U fans I know that said we're signing Grealish are. 

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

And Guilbert can't speak English, is homesick and hasn't settled at the club...... Until he personally writes in perfect English how he loves England and Aston Villa and is not homesick. 

I love the debate and opinions expressed on these speculation threads but it does my nut in the number of people who take something written on the most obvious of totally in the dark make it all up for attention web sites and treat it as absolute gospel and use it as fact to bash the club, the manager and other posters on here who take a more guarded view of what's written on the Internet. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

seems like things are happening with watkins, martinez, and king. we sign those 3 it's turning into a very decent window (i know the latter has divided the crowd)

If those 3 come in it will have been a reasonable window. We should score more goals and I think Martinez is a good GK from what I saw in the final few weeks of the season. Was still hoping for better overall but maybe I'm one of the more demanding fans on here and think we should be aiming higher.

Also think we need a CM too (or another winger if we intend to use Grealish there). 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Should've paid 40 million for Haller or Joelinton last season. I do like Eduoard though. Promise me we'll get an end of season review from you on Watkins assuming deal is done 

I promise just for you Kiwi 😉

I mean if Smith and Co think Watkins can do the job and as long as he comes in and hits ground running, we then have a goal scorer. If any of our strikers last seasons had of scored double figures I'm sure many of the games we just lost out on we would of won, so I'll be happy if they can make Watkins work and he becomes our new hero on the pitch. I spose if Watkins is scoring it doesnt matter the cost we paying in the end because hes doing his job and aiding in moving us up that league ladder.

There will be serious questions though and uproar on these forums if we pay above 20 mills for another striker and we cant get a tune out of them. 

I still think we need to buy another striker if we sign Watkins, still need a right winger also.

• Thanks 1