Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

And Guilbert can't speak English, is homesick and hasn't settled at the club...... Until he personally writes in perfect English how he loves England and Aston Villa and is not homesick. 

I love the debate and opinions expressed on these speculation threads but it does my nut in the number of people who take something written on the most obvious of totally in the dark make it all up for attention web sites and treat it as absolute gospel and use it as fact to bash the club, the manager and other posters on here who take a more guarded view of what's written on the Internet. 

That came from a disputed source in France though. 

I do find it odd how people still claim we weren't in for Wilson despite it being reported we were in several credible media outlets. I know the media can spread a lot of fake news but denial of our interest in him feels like, well, denial.

If the claim is that we made a bid to get Brentford to lower their bid for Watkins and that's the only reason we made the offer, I can partially accept it even though there is no proof for it. And we ended up paying Brentford what they wanted for Watkins anyway.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Do you think?? I thought Edouard would of been a better fit, I spose now Watkins is imminent that I do hope your right anyhow.

I really dislike the commentary around "risk" in general tbh. It's all a bloody risk. Every signing. Every tired, shit pundit can say ooo risk about anyone for any reason.

It's not to say Eduoard isn't a better player anyway, Watkins just had so many more things going for him to lessen the chance of a flop. English, knows Smith, knows system, can play wide if we need him to, lower wages, exemplary attitude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I promise just for you Kiwi 😉

I mean if Smith and Co think Watkins can do the job and as long as he comes in and hits ground running, we then have a goal scorer. If any of our strikers last seasons had of scored double figures I'm sure many of the games we just lost out on we would of won, so I'll be happy if they can make Watkins work and he becomes our new hero on the pitch. I spose if Watkins is scoring it doesnt matter the cost we paying in the end because hes doing his job and aiding in moving us up that league ladder.

There will be serious questions though and uproar on these forums if we pay above 20 mills for another striker and we cant get a tune out of them. 

I still think we need to buy another striker if we sign Watkins, still need a right winger also.

You're right. Smith will not live down the criticism if he can't get a tune out of Watkins. There'll be no defending him because it's clear it's the player he wants. 

We definitely still need more firepower because if Watkins can't make the step up and Wesley being injured we will be screwed. King may be enough to cover that but I suspect we still need more. And out wide we're still weak.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I really dislike the commentary around "risk" in general tbh. It's all a bloody risk. Every signing. Every tired, shit pundit can say ooo risk about anyone for any reason.

It's not to say Eduoard isn't a better player anyway, Watkins just had so many more things going for him to lessen the chance of a flop. English, knows Smith, knows system, can play wide if we need him to, lower wages, exemplary attitude.

Hot misses too 

mr bean GIF

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If you watch Mourinho on all or nothing, you can see why attitude is so important to many managers.  The professionalism and drive to succeed verse a lazy bad apple who thinks they are too good for the club and wants to move on.  Eduoard would probably fall closer to the latter, want more money and cost more in transfer fees despite scoring no more in a much weaker league.

Edited by MJ_1874
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Why would we care what non-Villa fans think about Villa players in the first place?

Because it's an outsiders perspective and if it was the other way round and we had a load of thumbs up for our signings people on here would be shouting from the rooftops about it I bet. Many just don't want to hear negative news, I can understand that to a degree but don't shoot down the messenger or deflect from another point of view.

19 minutes ago, Wes said:

Mostly stuff we already knew. I'm just wondering if Ollie Watkins isn't our club record transfer for too long...

The current links appear to be

GK: Martinez / Romero / Joronen?

M: Swift

W: He who shall not be named?

F: King

Fully expect there to be players we've not even been linked with so far that arrive before the window shuts.

I really want F:King😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They need to add love heart reacts for posts like this. I wouldn't give them out liberally but Thanks react doesn't do it justice

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

You're right. Smith will not live down the criticism if he can't get a tune out of Watkins. There'll be no defending him because it's clear it's the player he wants. 

We definitely still need more firepower because if Watkins can't make the step up and Wesley being injured we will be screwed. King may be enough to cover that but I suspect we still need more. And out wide we're still weak.

I like the thought of King being at villa as he could play behind a striker like Watkins as he can play a few positions.

2 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Animated GIF

And I really want her, is that Gina Carano, shes in the mandalorian as a shock trooper, can we just not sign her up and have her do her deadpool super hero landing??

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I like the thought of King being at villa as he could play behind a striker like Watkins as he can play a few positions.

Looked at heat map from last season and heavily on upper left of field also lots of crosses for a forward

23 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We were never in for Wilson. It was the laziest of links. 

With the Championship window staying open for Premier League sides slightly longer and our delayed start, I wouldn’t be surprised if Benrahma or Buendia are signed. 

Interesting few weeks ahead. 

Man, I'd love it if Benrahma and Buendia both signed for us! Just one of them would be good but both would be fantastic! They were both flying down the wings in my waiting to fall asleep Villa 'day dream' last night (some people count sheep, I count Aston Villa goals), it was the opening day of our season and they both scored, we won 4-0 (I'm quite fed up with Sheffield United, they were asking for it), Grealish and Watkins got the other two. Nice. 😀

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Looked at heat map from last season and heavily on upper left of field also lots of crosses for a forward

Think he does play on left alot but also play CAM and striker, so hes got some places he can be used at.

1 minute ago, robby b said:

Man, I'd love it if Benrahma and Buendia both signed for us! Just one of them would be good but both would be fantastic! They were both flying down the wings in my waiting to fall asleep Villa 'day dream' last night (some people count sheep, I count Aston Villa goals), it was the opening day of our season and they both scored, we won 4-0 (I'm quite fed up with Sheffield United, they were asking for it), Grealish and Watkins got the other two. Nice. 😀

Counting GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, peterw said:

A no from me. What's the point of Axel now that we have Konsa developing. Don't get me wrong i think that he is marginally better than Konsa, but enough to warrant any outlay financially? i'd prefer to keep playing Konsa as I think he could become a very good prem player.

More to the point why give a Man Utd player 30+ games and leave Konsa on the bench where he is not developing much / at all?  Seems like we are improving another team in the league whilst hindering ourselves.  If Axel was much, much better then OK but unless there is an option to buy deal I can't see any upside - unless Mings gets injured.

19 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Because it's an outsiders perspective and if it was the other way round and we had a load of thumbs up for our signings people on here would be shouting from the rooftops about it I bet. Many just don't want to hear negative news, I can understand that to a degree but don't shoot down the messenger or deflect from another point of view.

i highly doubt it...but i guess it's one of those things where it's acceptable to by hypocritical. if we had loads of thumbs up for cash, i'd be quietly pleased that neutrals approved of our business (but by no means shouting from any rooftops) whereas i don't give a monkeys if neutrals disapprove.