Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Spray said:

We deserve a signing of intent.

Quality isn't cheap. 

Yea great, I have no problem spending 40 million on a player.

That player however is never going to join us who just finished outside of the relegation places when your competition is the top clubs in europe.

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Napoli want €45million 

My plan foiled.

Just read up on him. One year left on deal. We could tempt them to go lower than that. They'll never get that with one year left.

Obviously, huge task to tempt him here.

19 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

West Ham wanted Matty Cash... 

If we are both in for Benrahma I’d fancy us to get him.

West Ham exactly the sort of silliness that will offer him obscene money to get him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I found this list.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aston-villa/transferrekorde/verein/405

I know it’s relative (prices going up etc), but it makes me realise:

a. How even fairly average PL players now cost masses of money (Targett is our fifth biggest signing!)

b. There are some real stinkers: Ross, Hogan, NZog in particular who, even after all these years and price inflation, are still in the list

c. Stan Collymore is still in the top twenty! 

My first thought, from looking at that , is actually that we’ve barely paid huge fees for top players... that needs to change ahead of this season really, if we want to be a force.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

My plan foiled.

Just read up on him. One year left on deal. We could tempt them to go lower than that. They'll never get that with one year left.

Obviously, huge task to tempt him here.

Can you explain to me why he may want to join us instead of a top European club? Also why is his wages going to be lower than Callum Wilson's when he can sign a pre contract in 4 months to join someone on a free as a 27 year old?

I like your idea but its completely unrealistic.

Edited by paul514

28 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Can't find the post now but Milik was mentioned as Napoli have said he's available.

Should be #1 priority ahead of Wilson and Watkins.

Will cost less than Watkins and have lower salary than Wilson.

1000% this although imagine he has bigger suitors.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Agree. I would sooner have two 40-50M players this window than six lower priced ones. We need more players of Jack's quality to push on. We dont need squad depth we already have that. We need high quality.

I disagree I think that is for next summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

We kNow about our interest in him from leaks over there, he could be one of 20 players abroad that we’ve been looking at, I don’t think you can Draws any conclusions based upon the names we know about.

That's true - I'm gonna wait and see. Just a bit worried with the links so far, but then again we've long run quite a tight ship with regards to transfers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Agree. I would sooner have two 40-50M players this window than six lower priced ones. We need more players of Jack's quality to push on. We dont need squad depth we already have that. We need high quality.

Personally i would settle for 1 x 35-40m player, and 3 x 20-25m players :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I drive a 5 year old Passat and it might not turn many heads but it’s certainly reliable, and after some time you learn to love it. 

(P.S. I genuinely drive a 5 year old Passat, a white one.)

Flash so and so 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

He doesn’t score goals mate, can’t see him coming even close to double figures. Would need a few seasons at a lower level to develop, certainly not a PL player and I’d be very disappointed if he ends up getting minutes for us this season (meaning we failed to strengthen).

He has decent attributes but a striker has to be able to score and he doesn’t possess that ability (yet). He needs a couple of seasons in the championship and then we can see what he’s really made of.

As I stated earlier, we can’t afford to be sentimental. We need top quality and reliability if we really want to progress and compete at this level. We barely survived and  need major improvement & enhancement.

Again, no passengers.

He is 22 mate, has had injury problems and never had a decent run of games.  He created 3.25 chances in the games he played this season which is extremely good across all premier league strikers and especially compared to Wesley and Samatta who created barely 1 each.  He only played 500 PL minutes and could have easily got 2 or 3 goals with a bit of luck.  I can remember Dean Henderson pulling of a great save to deny him, he hit the post from a header in one game and another shot he pulled an inch wide after making a great run and between two defenders and bring the ball down on his chest. 

As I said, a season with a mid table championship side would do him the world of good.  He will get goals and will build his confidence.  He might not make it but there is still a really good chance he will with his movement, strength and good ball control for a target man.

• Like 1