Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Sort of agree, but it's a simplistic way of looking at it. Assuming we have X amount of money to spend the value for money bit is rather important. 

We really really need a better scouting network. 

It's coming....but it was back to the drawing board after last summer's abortion.

9 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

VILLA LINKED TO CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER: Where's the ambition? We should be going after proven Premier League players!

VILLA LINKED TO PREMIER LEAGUE PLAYER: Not him! He's shite! We should sign the Championship player with potential!

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Guessing you would be delighted if we signed Drinkwater and Lingard with their 6 figure/week wages?

They've both won the league doncha know.

• Like 2

Can't find the post now but Milik was mentioned as Napoli have said he's available.

Should be #1 priority ahead of Wilson and Watkins.

Will cost less than Watkins and have lower salary than Wilson.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Can't find the post now but Milik was mentioned as Napoli have said he's available.

Why is his fee lower than Watkins and salary less than Wilson? I agree having just looked up his record a goal every 135 minutes is impressive in Serie A

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Sort of agree, but it's a simplistic way of looking at it. Assuming we have X amount of money to spend the value for money bit is rather important. 

We really really need a better scouting network. 

I think the higher ups saw how we struggled last season with a lot of European imports and are trying a mixed approach this time. I'm curious to see who we buy for the wings, as that's where I think we'll make our marquee signing. When it comes to strengthening the squad, I'm all for buying players familiar with English football. Like Cash for example. Yeah we could probably try to scout another Guilbert, but why not buy the best RB in the Championship to be his competition? Last season we were playing Konsa there at one point. I'd rather the gambles be our more expensive/ambitious signings (like Rashica for example, not saying he's coming here). There is a massive upside to them succeeding as opposed to random 10m fullback from France for example.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Napoli want €45million +

Edited by thabucks
  • Haha 1

Just now, paul514 said:

Why is his fee lower than Watkins and salary less than Wilson? I agree having just looked up his record a goal every 135 minutes is impressive in Serie A

If Napoli want rid I would guess he'll be less than £28m.

Wilson will be after £120k+ a week, I think we'd get Milik on less.

9 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

This is true, the area where we need to strengthen the most, makes you wonder who we are actually looking at for these positions 🤔

I think it will be at least two players, neither of which have even been spoken about. I've no doubt they want to bring in genuine quality in these positions.

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Makes sense, we have pissed so much money up the wall over the years with no return e.g. Richards, McCormack, Nzogbia, Hogan, Lansbury & many many more (too many to list!!!). We’ve actually been doing it for decades! Remember the likes of Sasa Curcic? Habib Beye? Only it’s cost us a hell of a lot more recently...

Just imagine where we’d be if we’d have used those funds more wisely...

I found this list.

Aston Villa - RECORD ARRIVALS

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aston-villa/transferrekorde/verein/405

I know it’s relative (prices going up etc), but it makes me realise:

a. How even fairly average PL players now cost masses of money (Targett is our fifth biggest signing!)

b. There are some real stinkers: Ross, Hogan, NZog in particular who, even after all these years and price inflation, are still in the list

c. Stan Collymore is still in the top twenty!