Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I would rather those three than Watkins.

Yeah precisely even though hes a good player i dont think he should be our star buy for that position so we should only snap up them two from brentford. But that wont happen because Watkins will probably be signed by next week and we will probably only get Benrahma if we even do at all.

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

More important than a quality ST?

i mean I’m with you on the need for wingers / wide forwards but you still need a fella up front who can ‘back of the net’ those chances?

Higuain maybe.

On a serious note this is why I like the likes of Watkins and other ‘wide forwards’ as opposed to wingers - think we need goals from across the front three to be less reliant on one goalscorer which can be the case in a 4-5-1 (obv wasn’t for us last season!). So I think we need both.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If our Fullback options at the end of the window are

RB: Cash/Guibert

LB: Targett/Henry

It is a HUGE boost.

I think people underestimate how important aggressive attacking Fullbacks are in the modern game.

Do you think that Cash/Henry will make much difference to Guilbert/Targett - consider in the layout of £25m-£30m?

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Regardless of any upgrade to the starting 11, it would make a hell of a difference if Guilbert/Targett got injured. 

Completely agree, especially with this season's fixtures being heavily condensed, we'll need a squad of players available to cover fatigue, injury and bans. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

giphy.gif

That is just sooooooo funny. That ladsv reaction reminds me so much of when my son was his age lol. 

To be fair, his reaction would be that of the Villa faithful if we sign someone from Juve this week. 

• Like 1

To be fair, I read an article saying that Mattia Perin was transfer - listed by Juve. I think the "Villa are looking at Emi Martinez" May be us putting something out there to try to force Juve's hand a bit to get a deal done for Perin. No itk just my own thoughts considering we are looking for a new goalkeeper. 

16 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Higuain maybe.

On a serious note this is why I like the likes of Watkins and other ‘wide forwards’ as opposed to wingers - think we need goals from across the front three to be less reliant on one goalscorer which can be the case in a 4-5-1 (obv wasn’t for us last season!). So I think we need both.

Mate, you’ve  either read my mind or just read a comment or two from me a few days back about this.

But it’s a key topic for me.

I mean for 18 months back we’ve been linked to Benrahma (a winger) and Raschica got 196 pages, so you’d think that’s the only option.

But for that to work you really need a ST of Defoe (a few years back ) / Edouard’s quality up front.

It would also mean relegating Wes to the bench for the most part of his contract and I can’t see that happening.

What I can see happening is buying wide forwards, as that is different from what Trez and El Ghazi offer.

So Watkins comes in and we all know he can play ST or on the wing, and until Wes gets fit again he plays ST. But unless he’s scoring at the same rate as he has done in the Championship, I can see Wes coming back as ST and Watkins Gets pushed out on the left flank.

In the same vein, maybe Samatta (or Davis) gets pushed out on the RW, or we bring in Obafemi on the RW.

It offers us sooo much more flexibility than just bringing in upgrades to Trez and El Ghazi

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, rayk said:

More important than a quality ST?

i mean I’m with you on the need for wingers / wide forwards but you still need a fella up front who can ‘back of the net’ those chances?

Anyone can score with good chances they just don’t score as many as a good striker.

The wide forwards are the outlet balls for relieving pressure from the defence, they lead the press and free up Grealish so he isn’t marked by two or three players. It also stops the opposition committing more people forward because they are wary of the break.

40 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeah precisely even though hes a good player i dont think he should be our star buy for that position so we should only snap up them two from brentford. But that wont happen because Watkins will probably be signed by next week and we will probably only get Benrahma if we even do at all.

I watched his goals this season and the thing that stuck out was the poor quality of them. The keeping was awful, loads of shots close to the keeper and poor defending. I would be surprised if he hit 12 in this league.

31 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Regardless of any upgrade to the starting 11, it would make a hell of a difference if Guilbert/Targett got injured. 

Yep I totally agree and the back up currently isn’t up to standard and old.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree with you completely, but as long as there is still enough wonga in the kitty to materially upgrade the starting 11 too.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Do you think that Cash/Henry will make much difference to Guilbert/Targett - consider in the layout of £25m-£30m?

I do. Elmo and Taylor are both (IMO) two of the weakest links in our squad. The way I see it good attacking ability is key for Deano's football. Taylor is not there at all and there general quality is just subpar. They both are players I expect a clanger from, despite being solid when called upon last season. 

They played combined 2000 minutes last season. That's over 22 full matches. 

Replacing them for £ 30 million even would be great business. 

I don't think replacements will just walk into the first eleven, but it's a long season so we need quality in depth. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Anyone can score with good chances they just don’t score as many as a good striker.

Err yeah, even Wes has proved that.

But the point is we need someone much better than Wes.

With Celtic having to pay PSG 40% of any fee for Edoaurd, he’s really lumbered.

I mean let’s just say some crazy mofo paid £40m for him, if you do the maths Celtic really arent going to get a game changing amount.

40% of £40m is obviously £16m, but he cost £10m initially so the profit is only £14m.

At £30m the maths works out at only £8m profit.

I can see him staying there for a long time OR letting his contract run down.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

With Celtic having to pay PSG 40% of any fee for Edoaurd, he’s really lumbered.

I mean let’s just say some crazy mofo paid £40m for him, if you do the maths Celtic really arent going to get a game changing amount.

40% of £40m is obviously £16m, but he cost £10m initially so the profit is only £14m.

At £30m the maths works out at only £8m profit.

I can see him staying there for a long time OR letting his contract run down.

Do you think they will want money in the bank or this to happen. It's an absolute no brainer for Celtic. Whatever fee they get for him and whatever profit they make, it's decent money for them.

They will need it to cover the none champs.league money.

Just now, Mjvilla said:

Do you think they will want money in the bank or this to happen. It's an absolute no brainer for Celtic. Whatever fee they get for him and whatever profit they make, it's decent money for them.

They will need it to cover the none champs.league money.

It may not be in their control. I mean he’s halfway through his contract already, he could just refuse to sign a new contract and in 18 months he can sign a pre-contract with whoever he likes.