Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently Brentford are looking to sign German U-21 player Robin Hack from Nürnberg as replacement for Benrahma.

Might as well skip a step and sign that guy who's apparently available for £5m now rather than next season when he will be valued at £20m-£25m like all their players.

......ahem....hence my initial comments when I joined the site about buying Walsall as a feeder club.....and it was like I was speaking heresy.

Seriously, Hack maybe brill but he’s going to need 12-18 months in the Championsip to increase that value - if at all - from £5m to £20m-£25m.

5 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

??

Its on the FTL page and then i seen it on another but as time progresses you will either see more or nothing 

Apparently talks have began but i dont know how far gone.

15 minutes ago, rayk said:

frustrated seriously GIF

I’m well aware that the days of Stuart Pearce or my old favourite of Najwan Grayhib (that will test whether you know your recent history) have passed but boy didn’t Spud feck up again with Neil Taylor.

The point is on most of these blogs, for every time someone like you preaches the bleeding obvious, there will be 20 more saying how crap Targett is.

Still......a full back quartet of Target Henry Guilbert and Cash would be an improvement.

Without a doubt wingers and a striker will be on the list too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Its on the FTL page and then i seen it on another but as time progresses you will either see more or nothing 

Apparently talks have began but i dont know how far gone.

What is this?

33 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We have just been strongly linked with Bayern Munich Midfielder Michael Cuisance.. talks have began👀 Signed him on loan for us on FM20 too he was my standout player 

Haven’t heard the rumour and don’t know anything about the player other than doing a bit of research in the past 5 mins.

But he fits the profile, left footed CM who can play DM,CM,AM so would work well. He left Gladbach to join Bayern Munich last summer but not much game time so Bayern may be happy to get their money (£10m) back.

I’d prefer him to Swift and I’d also suggest this may - should it be true - have Lange’s input all over it.

Ill take back Some of my criticism with Championship signings as i was probably just not impressed with uninspiring links but it looks like Matty Cash will be our player by Wednesday.. i see Chelsea had a bid rejected a couple years back and also RB Leipzig and then watched some highlights quite impressed. Three players i want from the lower leagues and it should end there and we should complete the rest with Bundesliga,La Liga, Eredivisie level players.

Rico Henry -LB

Said Benrahma - LW

Matty Cash - RB 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Still......a full back quartet of Target Henry Guilbert and Cash would be an improvement.

Without a doubt wingers and a striker will be on the list too.

No arguments from me there, I just don’t think it was HUGE.

As I said HUGE would be getting in top class STs and wingers to support Jack.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

Haven’t heard the rumour and don’t know anything about the player other than doing a bit of research in the past 5 mins.

But he fits the profile, left footed CM who can play DM,CM,AM so would work well. He left Gladbach to join Bayern Munich last summer but not much game time so Bayern may be happy to get their money (£10m) back.

I’d prefer him to Swift and I’d also suggest this may - should it be true - have Lange’s input all over it.

Yeah he fits the profile well but would be looking for more experience in age perhaps... just curious? ... Yes this sounds like a Lange deal if there ever was one (based on what was said about him) and about bloody time, if of course it is true. But Cuisance ✅ gets the green light from me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

FTL have 6 followers. 

Sorry bit of a novice when doing the final checks but i just seen it and looked official but then having said that i seen it on some other page also so i cant see that being completely false 🤔 

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Sorry bit of a novice when doing the final checks but i just seen it and looked official but then having said that i seen it on some other page also so i cant see that being completely false 🤔 

No need for any apologies. I haven’t seen any of the links/sources but it’s a bizarre link for there not to be something there?

1 hour ago, Leader1 said:

Here goes my 1st post.

I’ll start by saying that I believe that we need to show intent with the first signing. This may help with JG staying and certainly help with attracting other players that are of a good standard.

I feel that some of these players linked are a smoke screen for another quality player coming in. For example Edouard (although I do rate him).

If we are in for a marquee signing then they may want to understand who else is coming in. I suppose this thought applies to JG too.

As much as I want JG to stay, I’m happy for him to show his potential to all the 🛎 end doubters at Man Utd. But more importantly and key to him leaving we need to use this money and potential pt ex’s to increase the squad quality. Enough to place us comfortably around mid table.

My priority of signings

1) Striker- strong quick and able to find the net. (Based on playing 433)

2) Winger - edge of your seat player with pace.

3) Inside forward/another winger. Able to play across several positions and link play.

4) CM with stature and able to move box to box with ease.

these 4 need to be a several levels above squad standard.

5) CB- with pace. Can contend with EK

6) LB- compete with MT

7) RB- compete for starting 11. Young with pace and strength.

8 Gk- to compete with TH

Players on my shortlist

Strikers Belotti, Edouard, Andre Silva, Isak

Wingers Chukwueze, Sarr, benrahama, kluivert, malen, osimhem 

other forwards. Watkins, Rashica, 

CM Doucoure, loftus cheek, kondogbia

CB Godfrey, or the french seem to have a few good young CB. 

LB Henry or Lewis 

RB Cash

GK Butland, Martinez, Romero

some unlikelys in there but just aiming high

thoughts?

Yes those are the priority signings although the wide forwards are by far the most important to sort out.

16 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ill take back Some of my criticism with Championship signings as i was probably just not impressed with uninspiring links but it looks like Matty Cash will be our player by Wednesday.. i see Chelsea had a bid rejected a couple years back and also RB Leipzig and then watched some highlights quite impressed. Three players i want from the lower leagues and it should end there and we should complete the rest with Bundesliga,La Liga, Eredivisie level players.

Rico Henry -LB

Said Benrahma - LW

Matty Cash - RB 

I would rather those three than Watkins.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Are you joking? I think you're joking.

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yes those are the priority signings although the wide forwards are by far the most important to sort out.

More important than a quality ST?

i mean I’m with you on the need for wingers / wide forwards but you still need a fella up front who can ‘back of the net’ those chances?