Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Maybe the priority is to get the players that Deans hot on in first i.e Watkins, Cash, Swift while Lange and the other new guy can sign players once that’s taken care of. 

If Smith was vocal in the media about how shit it was getting players in late last year you can imagine he was even more so in private with Purlsow.

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

ITK?

Well I've read between the lines and its a done deal. Its simple when  you do that.

Messi turned us down as he doesnt like balti pies....but for Higuain that was what sealed the deal. He ate all the pies 

• Like 2

Just now, dukes said:

Well I've read between the lines and its a done deal. Its simple when  you do that.

Messi turned us down as he doesnt like balti pies....but for Higuain that was what sealed the deal. He ate all the pies 

donald trump rnc GIF by Election 2016

😂😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Leader1 said:

Here goes my 1st post.

I’ll start by saying that I believe that we need to show intent with the first signing. This may help with JG staying and certainly help with attracting other players that are of a good standard.

I feel that some of these players linked are a smoke screen for another quality player coming in. For example Edouard (although I do rate him).

If we are in for a marquee signing then they may want to understand who else is coming in. I suppose this thought applies to JG too.

As much as I want JG to stay, I’m happy for him to show his potential to all the 🛎 end doubters at Man Utd. But more importantly and key to him leaving we need to use this money and potential pt ex’s to increase the squad quality. Enough to place us comfortably around mid table.

My priority of signings

1) Striker- strong quick and able to find the net. (Based on playing 433)

2) Winger - edge of your seat player with pace.

3) Inside forward/another winger. Able to play across several positions and link play.

4) CM with stature and able to move box to box with ease.

these 4 need to be a several levels above squad standard.

5) CB- with pace. Can contend with EK

6) LB- compete with MT

7) RB- compete for starting 11. Young with pace and strength.

8 Gk- to compete with TH

Players on my shortlist

Strikers Belotti, Edouard, Andre Silva, Isak

Wingers Chukwueze, Sarr, benrahama, kluivert, malen, osimhem 

other forwards. Watkins, Rashica, 

CM Doucoure, loftus cheek, kondogbia

CB Godfrey, or the french seem to have a few good young CB. 

LB Henry or Lewis 

RB Cash

GK Butland, Martinez, Romero

some unlikelys in there but just aiming high

thoughts?

Forgot to add Tammy. Who I believe is key to the JG decision.

4 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What big signings? James Rodriguez?? He has more of a chance of flopping than succeeding. Allan, seems like an alright DM, may do ok. However, both are 29 and will want big wages. Way more than Villa care to gamble on. This makes me personally happy. Everton you keep them. 

Didn't say big signings i said the players they are going for and linked with. I understand they are on a level above but our owners gave us reason to believe we would be trying to lure a higher calibre of players to the club. Im not slating the owners but i am slightly disappointed but im hoping that can change. Yes we can bring in these one and two championship stars but that would make it around 7 signings because i still want the 5 higher name signings.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I think we have to face a few realities.....The top teams are hoovering up all the established talent.....and they don't have to play them.

What has changed is that these clubs can afford to not play them or not be financially injured by a miss....If they don't work out they seem impervious to financial pressure and there is always clubs like us to pick up the scraps....I think we have to change our perception.

I am not professing to say we are in an easy position, but I think we have to design our strategy carefully moving forward.....Lange has only just found where the toilets are, so we won't see his benefit for a while yet. The changes the club has made, will hopefully see us ok in the future, but right now, we are still in the groove to a degree with yesterdays mens outlook.

We seem to have good people looking after the academy and that is developing nicely....but getting established stars are proving to be much more difficult and terribly costly.....players as close to guaranteed as possible are too expensive and not interested in us.

I would like to see us in for some of the emerging stars like Patson Daka or Erling Haaland, in their early development stages Aubameyang and Lacazette, when they was at St Ettiene at 22 and Lyon at 21.....Salzburg seem to have been a hotbed for talent in recent years, and some of the scandinavian clubs are too....we need to be in for some of these players earlier enough to have a chance and take a gamble....and early enough for us to be an attraction......In the meantime, we just need players good enough to keep us up......to develop us further, I think we need the former strategy, which will indeed take some time....but we need to develop this prudency or the "early bird catches the worm"

And in view of how difficult it is to get this talent.....when we get some of our own, we need not be too quick to let it go so cheaply....i.e Gary Cahill, Adama Traore, Mark Albrighton, Calum Robinson, Gareth Barry, Gollini as just a few examples.

Well said you've spoken for both of us 👍🏽

Found out where the toilets are 😆😆... Well Lange’s job is to recruit the best but we are linked with what looks like DS targets. Lange needs to step in and say look I'm not sure they might be best for the club but if they agree that these players are then so be it .. Yeah we need to find a Mane type of player .. What we need is energy and hard workers which is why i changed my opinion and i would like us to go for Origi as he has talent and very energetic.

We have just been strongly linked with Bayern Munich Midfielder Michael Cuisance.. talks have began👀 Signed him on loan for us on FM20 too he was my standout player 

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Absolute bargain then if @raykis right in his post above and we can get him for £100k per week.

Why? He looks like a Sunday League pie eater right now. £100k is more than enough.

But hey yeah you are the one saying it’s a done deal.

Please, please set up a thread so we can have 197 pages of laughter.

statler and waldorf laughing GIF

Edited by rayk

21 minutes ago, Leader1 said:

Here goes my 1st post.

I’ll start by saying that I believe that we need to show intent with the first signing. This may help with JG staying and certainly help with attracting other players that are of a good standard.

I feel that some of these players linked are a smoke screen for another quality player coming in. For example Edouard (although I do rate him).

If we are in for a marquee signing then they may want to understand who else is coming in. I suppose this thought applies to JG too.

As much as I want JG to stay, I’m happy for him to show his potential to all the 🛎 end doubters at Man Utd. But more importantly and key to him leaving we need to use this money and potential pt ex’s to increase the squad quality. Enough to place us comfortably around mid table.

My priority of signings

3) Inside forward/another winger. Able to play across several positions and link play.

6) LB- compete with MT

8 Gk- to compete with TH

Players on my shortlist

LB Henry or Lewis 

RB Cash

thoughts?

I love a thoughtful post, welcome to the forum!

Agree with most of it, though I think two wide forwards are perhaps the highest priority. With say Benrahma and Buendia we would create chanecs to get Samatta scoring. After that I would say a new really good CB is most important, together with a new proper striker. Thereafter a box to box CM.

I'm getting a bit confused by the current links to players, I'm not sure what our ambition is at the moment or perhaps more relevant, who we will be able to sign. We need quality players who really improves us to avoid another relegation scrap, but the probelm is that we can't offer European football or challenge for silverware, thus those players will probably go to other clubs, meaning we get stuck with signing players only slightly better than what we have. I think there are opportunities to get the high calibre players, like Benrahma (before a CL club takes him) and perhaps Deulofeu while he still is injured, and that we really should go for that. If Edouard can be signed, we should take the gamble even it it will cost top dollar.

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

Whilst i think HUGE is probably a bit over an overstatement, JAMAICAN VILLIAN states the attacking full backs are important in the modern game.

Liverpools full backs provide frequent passing options going forward to their midfield.

Do you not agree that better options in this area would support Jack?

I think his link ups with Target this year were quite important to us in some matches.

frustrated seriously GIF

I’m well aware that the days of Stuart Pearce or my old favourite of Najwan Grayhib (that will test whether you know your recent history) have passed but boy didn’t Spud feck up again with Neil Taylor.

The point is on most of these blogs, for every time someone like you preaches the bleeding obvious, there will be 20 more saying how crap Targett is.

1 hour ago, supermon said:

I'm starting to think we just arent going to be able to attract any big names to the team. Being relegation fodder for the last few premier league seasons isn't helping. Smith isn't really a top draw manager that players we'll want to come and play for. 

Just like Rashica, we'd be right down the pecking order. Have a feeling most of our business will be at the end of the window, except maybe some odd championship signings.

yes to get the right players we are lookiong for we'll need vto change manager

40 minutes ago, Leader1 said:

Here goes my 1st post.

My priority of signings

6) LB- compete with MT

8 Gk- to compete with TH

Players on my shortlist

LB Henry or Lewis 

RB Cash

thoughts?

Welcome to the blog....I’m still a relative newbie.... but stick with it. I do think it’s the best blog for informed comment......generally.

No one can argue with your top 4 priorities. I think a GK though is probably 5th.

As for signings, as you say some are pie in the sky but I agree with you about Andre Silva.....I think he’s a real talent as a ST and offers something different.

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

A lot of noise on twitter that Jack has signed for Man U

Not saying he has or hasn't, will or won't, but I can't help but believe that if Jack Grealish had agreed to a deal with Manchester **** United, the people who are paid to hear about these things would have heard about it before the random Twitterererers..

Edited by VillaHatesMe
  • Like 1