Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

We don't have to accept that at all. 

London maybe, but players sign for Citeh or Yanited despite Manchester, not because of it. Mancs shout a bit louder than most but Birmingham is the second city in more than name only. 

I've worked and lived in both Birmingham &  Manchester 2000-2002 and again 2019 to 2020.

Birmingham over Manchester all day long!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ForfarVillan said:

You too bud. Pleasantly surprised by our start this season. Pretty much the same team as we had in the championship and Micky Mellon has us playing with loads of effort and pressing. We've been well organised but are just missing that bit of bite up front because our star man (Lawrence Shankland) is carrying a knock

Could I introduce you to Scott or Scotty Goal as we call him......

19 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You know nothing about what's going on really. Even if that article said what it said, we still don't know anything. Most of this stuff isn't real.

It's nice to read a few rumours while we wait for something concrete, but they're not worth getting frustrated about.

Not quite true. We do know we haven't signed any players.

We paid £11m for Konsa last season - so unlikely to get Cash for £10m IMO.

13 minutes ago, Spoony said:

There’s more to an offer than just the cash. She’d Utd might offer £12m or whatever but Notts might not see that £12m for years. The clubs also have to think about the structure of payments and that’s going to also come down to the club’s credit. £10m in the bank today might be more appealing than £2m in the bank today and then being owed money for 5 years or whatever. 

But most transfers aren't paid cash up front. Most are paid by installments. So the headline figure is pretty important.

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not quite true. We do know we haven't signed any players.

We paid £11m for Konsa last season - so unlikely to get Cash for £10m IMO.

But why do you believe the £10m thing when so many football rumours are made up? 

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

it's happening ron paul GIFFirst time this window I have seen a paper say we have actually bid for someone 10m for Matty Cash rejected they want 15m

Yet oddly if you had asked what position was least urgent to buy in this transfer window I'd have thought right back

5 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Fair enough but the thing is we'll never know what exactly went on unless the player in question speaks out.

It has been pretty common knowledge we are/were interested in both players and they represent(ed) really good value for money. And now we will probably overpay on someone else not as good so there you go.

That is all conjecture again. And again insulting the club without any basis for what you are saying. Let's wait and see who they buy instead of hanging them with the worst scenario.

• Like 1

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

I think Guilbert is fine personally, certainly more pressing areas that need addressing. That said I don’t understand why we would offer £10m when it had been rejected before (albeit by another club). Not entirely sure on this story. 

Perhaps it is straight cash and no add ons?

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Yet oddly if you had asked what position was least urgent to buy in this transfer window I'd have thought right back

He looked good in the Championship but as someone said so would Guilbert, he's only coming in as a squad player really to battle for that RB spot. Trippier would have been great but that's probably not happening. If we're looking at RBs Clyne is available on a free which would be a decent signing imo.

I'll start getting excited when we sign first team quality players which I thought we were planning to do as soon as the Spam game confirmed our survival. 

8 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think Guilbert is fine personally, certainly more pressing areas that need addressing. That said I don’t understand why we would offer £10m when it had been rejected before (albeit by another club). Not entirely sure on this story. 

i think the issue is we have 2 decent full backs (Targett & Guilbert), but their backups are either old (Elmo), or rubbish (Taylor), so some decent competition is probably a good idea tbh.

would be happy with Guilbert and Cash as our RB's, also remember that Cash can also play right midfield if required. (prob not advisable, but do-able if required)

Im all for Cash if it doesnt negatively impact the more important positional signings we need (ie: LW, RW, ST & MC)

I quite like the idea of:

Cash - 15m

Henry (or other LB) - 10m

MC (who?) - 20 - 25m

Swift - 6 - 8m

Benrahma - 25m

Raschia or Buendia - 20-25m

Watkins - 25m

pretty decent for 125-130m i reckon?

(would love Edouard......but prob not realistic tbh)

Edited by MaVilla