Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Once again the £10m figure has suddenly become fact and something to slag the club off about when no one has the slightest idea how much we have really bid, or indeed if we have really bid at all.  The press are always making shit up. Why do people persist in taking it as fact. 

Why would they bid £10m when £10m has already been rejected? Well they probably haven't. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Once again the £10m figure has suddenly become fact and something to slag the club off about when no one has the slightest idea how much we have really bid, or indeed if we have really bid at all.  The press are always making shit up. Why do people persist in taking it as fact. 

Why would they bid £10m when £10m has already been rejected? Well they probably haven't. 

.... Or equally just as you say they haven’t they probably have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Because we continually fail to pay asking prices for players? I feel like Arsene Wenger is in charge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

For the love of god get on the blower to uncle Albert and get him to put a word in for us... 

And pay the sodding money you cheapskates, its like we're trying to do a Deborah Meaden on them...

But would you enter the dragon? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rolta said:

But why do you believe the £10m thing when so many football rumours are made up? 

Well lets face it - why do we all sit on this thread ? - the vein hope that some fartys GF cuts Purslows hair who inadvertently let's slip that a £60m signing will be unveiled next week ?

All the rumours on here - it's up to the individual to decide which are ones are feasible and which ones are fictictous. Cash would seem to be a player whose stock would rise, who would feasibly want to step up and join us .... personally I don't think we have £100m to spend this windows - so a bid for a lesser name like cash makes more sense...

It is true ? God knows - it's not a rumour I would dismiss out of hand though.

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

.... Or equally just as you say they haven’t they probably have.

Well yes, but it's far more likely they haven't as people have pointed out it would be futile. 

I think we're run by people intelligent enough to know that if an offer of that amount had been rejected, offering the same would also be rejected.  Purslow has a degree from Cambridge. I'm sure you need to at least learn how to tie your shoelaces to do that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Positives:

1) Keeping Grealish and Douglas Luiz (so far)

2) Maintaining Premier League status 

3) Reduced wage bill

4) Academy rebuild 

5) Appointing Shakespeare 

6) Lange comes with a positive reputation but we shall see

7) No squad overhaul 

8 - no financial black hole like other clubs 

Cons:

1) Saturated transfer market due to wild spending of clubs like Chelsea 

2) It’s a pandemic

3) The unique transfer window period will make it harder to buy if clubs cannot find replacements 

4) Prolonged negotiations for players and lack of news means empty speculation and frustration (could fit into both) 

Several other clubs haven’t moved in the transfer market too (aside from free transfers). There’s still lots of time. Ignore the press speculation and Twitter ITKs. Stuff will happen. 

I'll definitely take that list of pros and cons. If the cons are only things that are out of our control then we're doing well.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Young Scott Hogan would be perfect for you, he’s a goal machine and a snip at £10m. 

This is Scottish football outside of the old firm......no fees will can or will be paid!!

Edited by ForfarVillan
  • Haha 1

Another day, another dollar. You have to give Cash some credit if he's able to step up and pay back his fee with interest. ATM, I would note that, till now, we don't know if we have managed to register a bid or if the two teams have been contactless, but if it amounts to anything we'll be banking on our investment paying dividends, like Raheem Sterling. If we ease him into the team in a tender manner, he could open his account early doors and be worth the entrance fee on his own. If not, we may pay the price. At any rate, with our current finances, £15m shouldn't be any big drachma. As with all transfers, it's a flip of a coin, but at this stage of the window we need to put our money where our mouth is. After that, euro'ping for the best

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m surprised we are so keen on a RB tbh. However,  Cash is a good player and I’d be happy at anything under say £12m. At £15m I would go an extra £5m and go for Aarons. Think we need a better calibre of player for the forward positions tho.

Whilst it is frustrating- think we all need to remind ourselves the window shuts on October 5th and actually October 16th for transfers from Championship clubs( we can still do business with Brentford for example until October16th!

In any normal season that would be considered loads of time. Appreciate we all want new players in for the start of the season but the start of the season this year is like no other that has ever gone before.

The evidence does not point to Villa being short of cash- vibrant academy. New coaches coming in- improvements at Bodymoor- not selling to buy. Alan Nixon however you rate or dont rate saying we will be spenders. 

I have us pinned down to spend 100 million minimum 

• Like 1

We're bidding for championship players like Cash, Swift and Watkins, who whilst good players you have to question how much they'd really improve us, with such additions I'd still expect us to be heavily embroiled in a relegation battle, meanwhile Leeds have only just been promoted and don't have billionare owners are signing players established in the top leagues like Rodrigo and Koch, even last season as a championship club they signed Augustin, which whilst it hasn't worked out it was an ambitous signing of an high profile player. We're not really showing that we want to be any more than a club that's just happy to survive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1