Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

The area around places like Tottenham and West Ham is a sh*thole, as is pretty much anywhere in London where the PL teams play apart from Chelsea and maybe Islington (Arsenal). 

The players wouldn't live in Birmingham anyway, they'd live in the lovely suburbs out in Sutton Coldfield or somewhere of that ilk. 

It’s the bigger than that, it’s the lifestyle, its history, cultural offerings, restaurants, ladies, etc Brum Vs LDN would definitely be a factor to some players. 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s the bigger than that, it’s the lifestyle, its history, cultural offerings, restaurants, ladies, etc Brum Vs LDN would definitely be a factor to some players. 

I reckon London is more appealing for the younger outgoing footballer.  For the sensible  (Boring) ones or family type Birmingham is just fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Funny that Evan's is commenting on this.....

Is say "well well well " commenting ?  - wonder what he will say when we do sign someone.....assuming he is still alive.

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Totally totally this. 

Bought Wesley at 22. Belgian league, came up through the playoffs so always going to be hard for us to do well (most go straight back down). Guy gets 5 goals in 21 starts including 3 winners and is branded as a total waste of time/money when he gets a career threatening injury just as he was starting to look the part (much faster than Douglas Luiz did)...

Like anyone we buy who isn't 16/17 years old would be given anything like 2 years!!!

Id say with Wesley Its not so much about his goal return for me its the way in which he played, i.e touch, movement and ability to test the keeper and he didn’t impress in either department and even with improvement i cant see that changing him drastically enough where that turns him into a decent premier league forward, i would love him to be the striker we paid for but having a gifted eye for gauging talent and potential he wont reach that level we need him to be. I am happy for him to be the striker we throw on with 15 mins left. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

£10m is laughable.

Any body would think Deadly was back in charge. Bunch of muppets running this club.

If this was 3 weeks sgo i would strongly disagree. Now though, just pay the money. We hsve the money and desperately need additions before the season starts.

12 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I always find it quite interesting how bidding for players appears to work according to the press.

Surely 2 people get on the phone. One from Villa, one from Forest.

The dude from Forest has a value for what they'd accept for him. The dude from Villa would know what we're willing to pay.

Villa: We'll pay £8m plus addons
Forest: No we want 12
Villa: We'll pay £9m plus addons
Villa: Villa: We'll pay £10m plus addons
Villa: Okay we'll walk away then.

I have no idea if it is how football works, but the press make it sound like bidding for players if a big official process which takes forever to complete. Like, you have to first consider the bid, prepare the bid and then launch your bid. When in reality I've always just imagined it to be two dudes getting on a phone and having a chat and agreeing a price before a bid even gets launched. 

The whole idea of formally making a bid before you even know if it's going to be accepted is just odd. Unless it's similar to buying a house where you go through a middle agency to buy players? 

The whole thing is just weird. Ramble over.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

£10m is laughable.

Any body would think Deadly was back in charge. Bunch of muppets running this club.

Sheff UItd had £10mil bid turned down months ago by Forest.

Edited by Villan4Life

Just now, PieFacE said:

I always find it quite interesting how bidding for players appears to work according to the press.

Surely 2 people get on the phone. One from Villa, one from Forest.

The dude from Forest has a value for what they'd accept for him. The dude from Villa would know what we're willing to pay.

Villa: We'll pay £8m plus addons
Villa: We'll pay £9m plus addons
Villa: Villa: We'll pay £10m plus addons
Villa: Okay we'll walk away then.

I have no idea if it is how football works, but the press make it sound like bidding for players if a big official process which takes forever to complete. Like, you have to first consider the bid, prepare the bid and then launch your bid. When in reality I've always just imagined it to be two dudes getting on a phone and having a chat and agreeing a price before a bid even gets launched. 

The whole idea of formally making a bid before you even know if it's going to be accepted is just odd. Unless it's similar to buying a house where you go through a middle agency to buy players? 

The whole thing is just weird. 

Agree so much. 
It must be so much more complicated than we can imagine. 

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

£10m is laughable.

Should have offered 30 mill plus Luiz as opening offer.

What they playing at?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Think Sheff UItd has £12mil or £13mil bid turned down last week

He is only worth 10m though. Sheff will buy him for 15m and he will be worth 25m next summer but he is only worth 10m.

Out valuations are based on an FM07 save game. It is embarrassing at this point.

Business last summer and last Jan gave us 30 odd points and here we are again dicking about with insulting offers.

• Haha 1