Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Cash is essentially a winger turned FB, Targett decent going forward but iffy defensively.

I wonder if we’re going to be playing 3 CBs at the back...maybe explains the rumour of another CB.

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Even if you want to use absolutely facile analogies, this still doesn't work. 

Well its certainly looking that way at the moment being linked to cash and swift..If you cant see that..well there you go.

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

What happened to the "we have to sign serious players" to surround jack with quality to convince him that as a whole the management was serious about climbing the table?

Matty cash is just a half decent championship player who will struggle in the premiership for a while until he gets accustomed and will be a good backup player/benchwarmer/cup player

I cannot fathom why as a club we seem to be going backwards with alleged signings and approaches,Money should not be a problem for the players we want and need,10m for cash is just too much for Cash considering wolves sold  doherty to spuds for 15m

100% guarantee you would have been saying this when we signed McGinn...

He improves the first team (he is one of the top 5 players in the championship and is forests best player by a country mile), it might not be Billy Big Balls from Serie A but its a start and it improves      the     first      team    

Edited by Steero113

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Well it rings true when we missed a load of top targets last year for not willing to stump up the money and ended up with far too many bargain buy donkeys.

We missed out on one in Maupay as far as I can remember, but we don't even really know what happened there. We seem to possibly get rejected a lot too. I'm not sure there's enough evidence to back up this idea that we're skimping, especially considering we were in the top four teams in the world or something like that for overall spend. 

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

100% guarantee you would have been saying this when we signed McGinn...

He improves the first team (he is one of the top 5 players in the championship and is forests best player by a country mile), it might not be Billy Big Balls from Serie A but its a start and it improves      the     first      team    

Do you honestly think cash is just going to walk into the team and play from the start??

Will he be picked over luiz?mcginn?nakamba? even hourihane?

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
  • Confused 3

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

Do you honestly think cash is just going to walk into the team and play from the start??

Yes, you clearly have not seen him play football

Go on the Forest forums and see how highly they rate him, they are gutted he's going

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

This whole transfer window smacks to me of shopping in poundland instead of harrods..

Thing is the only time I can remember us doing business at that top table was in the MON / Lerner era - sadly we couldn't sustain that spending.

For better or worse those that run the club seem to have a model of buying young but highly rated with potential to improve....and yes probably the better ones will be sold on....(Leicester/Southampton) do this.

No reason Cash can't improve us next season - true is perhaps not as exciting as some players linked. IMO though it's a good step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Well lets face it - why do we all sit on this thread ? - the vein hope that some fartys GF cuts Purslows hair who inadvertently let's slip that a £60m signing will be unveiled next week ?

All the rumours on here - it's up to the individual to decide which are ones are feasible and which ones are fictictous. Cash would seem to be a player whose stock would rise, who would feasibly want to step up and join us .... personally I don't think we have £100m to spend this windows - so a bid for a lesser name like cash makes more sense...

It is true ? God knows - it's not a rumour I would dismiss out of hand though.

No but surely we all talk about the rumours as if they're rumors and not facts—because they're rumours. I'm not saying we shouldn't be speculating. Of course we're going to do that, but sometimes people seem to get wound up by a narrative they are basically making up on their heads from pretty woeful evidence. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yes, you clearly have not seen him play football

Go on the Forest forums and see how highly they rate him, they are gutted he's going

I have seen him play many times.in the championship..while he does have potential,he is untested in the premier league and will take time to settle

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

What happened to the "we have to sign serious players" to surround jack with quality to convince him that as a whole the management was serious about climbing the table?

That was the plan and likely still is, the issue with that plan is money doesn't solve the problem. No top player is going to come to a club that just scraped by relegation and has done nothing noteworthy since 1996.

This was always going to be a slow build and I am sure we are looking at players that are figuratively out of our league, but our place right now is likely as a club that buys highly rated players from the lower leagues until we finish Top 10 consistently.

Now we might sign a top player for £30-40m this window, but the likelihood is that to entice them we'll be paying them £150k a week cause they won't come otherwise. 

• Like 1

I’d be happy enough with Watkins, Cash maybe in the right set-up but Swift is really only a Hourihane replacement.

I dunno, they may all end being brill but having stayed up by the skin of our teeth .......they’re just not the players I think most of us were hoping for.

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thing is the only time I can remember us doing business at that top table was in the MON / Lerner era - sadly we couldn't sustain that spending.

For better or worse those that run the club seem to have a model of buying young but highly rated with potential to improve....and yes probably the better ones will be sold on....(Leicester/Southampton) do this.

No reason Cash can't improve us next season - true is perhaps not as exciting as some players linked. IMO though it's a good step in the right direction.

Actually the highest profile player we signed under MON was either Downing or Petrov. Maybe Carew. MON didn't really sign big name players, he couldn't attract them, which was why we ended up with a load of very average players on big wages.

The last time I remember us signing players of real calibre was about 15-20 years ago when we bought the likes of Merson, Nilis, Mellberg, Alpay, Solano, Baros etc. Not all of those signings worked out but they were proven at the highest level.