Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

for anyone who doesnt know much about John Swift. (i would spend 8m on him, good squad depth)

To be honest he looks a lot better (against better opposition as well) than John McGinn looked in his SPL highlight reel and look how that turned out. 

Would be a cracking squad upgrade at £8m.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Valencia have put the whole squad up for sale. How about Goncalo Guedes? Could get him on the cheap.

Never going to happen...Lange does not speak spanish as he is danish.We sacked our only spanish person (suso)😜 I mean what would the negotiations be like.....

Don Twomey on Twitter: ""Julio Geordio a player and a gentleman. His  mother's dead".… "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Josh Doig (18 Year Old Centre Back at Hibs) & Lewis Neilson (17 Year Old Centre Back at Dundee United) have both impressed me in the games i've watched on the net since Scottish Premier League Kicked Off. I've watched 3 of Dundee United's games so far this season. Neilson has been very impressive indeed. He's got big potential.

He's is already had representatives from Leeds, Leicester, Southampton & Everton watching him.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1533964/exclusive-big-english-clubs-take-an-interest-in-young-dundee-united-star-lewis-neilson/

Dundee utd fan here. Neilson seems to have come out of nowhere. Wasn't one of the ones who we were expecting to make an impact in the first team (Kai Fotheringham was my guess). Holy crap has he been impressive. So composed for a boy who has just turned 17. Big lad and still growing. Everton were up looking at him last week. Massive potential

• Like 4

I think we have to accept that to a lot of players we will be somewhat of hard sell unless we basically bribe them through wages... I’m sure say Belloti for example wouldn’t turn down £180k P/W.... That would shatter our wage structure as Jack and then Mings & SJM would all want and warrant pay rises and the wage bill spirals. We have to also accept that Birmingham doesn’t have the same draw as LDN or Manchester and many a European city, so again from that POV again not appealing in comparison - unless £££+... I personally believe this is where the problem lies in terms of lack of activity. Fee’s won’t be the problem necessarily it’s how much do we bribe players to choose us. Just a thought.

Edited by thabucks

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I think we have to accept that to a lot of players we will be somewhat of hard sell unless we basically bribe them through wages... I’m sure say Belloti for example wouldn’t turn down £180k P/W.... That would shatter our wage structure as Jack and then Mings & SJM would all want and warrant pay rises and the wage bill spirals. We have to also accept that Birmingham doesn’t have the same draw as LDN or Manchester and many a European city, so again from that POV again not appealing as much unless £££+... I personally believe this is where the problem lies in terms of lack of activity. Feed won’t be the problem necessarily it’s how much do we bribe them to choose us. Just a thought.

The area around places like Tottenham and West Ham is a sh*thole, as is pretty much anywhere in London where the PL teams play apart from Chelsea and maybe Islington (Arsenal). 

The players wouldn't live in Birmingham anyway, they'd live in the lovely suburbs out in Sutton Coldfield or somewhere of that ilk. 

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Nice to meet you @ForfarVillan

I'm going to be scouting for Dundee United this season.

Been watching what i can this season of Dundee United.

You too bud. Pleasantly surprised by our start this season. Pretty much the same team as we had in the championship and Micky Mellon has us playing with loads of effort and pressing. We've been well organised but are just missing that bit of bite up front because our star man (Lawrence Shankland) is carrying a knock

Edited by ForfarVillan

6 minutes ago, ForfarVillan said:

You too bud. Pleasently surprised by our start this season. Pretty much the same team as we had in the championship and Micky Mellon has us playing with loads of effort and pressing. We've been well organised but are just missing that bit of bite up front because our star man (Lawrence Shankland) is carrying a knock

I get On really well with Micky he’s asked me to move from Tranmere and help him  at Dundee United. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

I get On really well with Micky he’s asked me to move from Tranmere and help him  at Dundee United. 

Ah interesting, Seems a very good guy and is getting the best out of our players. Giving the youth a chance too. Hope you enjoy following Utd!

• Like 1