Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Should have offered 30 mill plus Luiz as opening offer.

What they playing at?

We paid more than that 3 years ago for Kodjia Hogan and McCormack. He is one of the best young players in the league. It is an insulting opening offer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is only worth 10m though. Sheff will buy him for 15m and he will be worth 25m next summer but he is only worth 10m.

Out valuations are based on an FM07 save game. It is embarrassing at this point.

Business last summer and last Jan gave us 30 odd points and here we are again dicking about with insulting offers.

You know nothing about what's going on really. Even if that article said what it said, we still don't know anything. Most of this stuff isn't real.

It's nice to read a few rumours while we wait for something concrete, but they're not worth getting frustrated about.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s the bigger than that, it’s the lifestyle, its history, cultural offerings, restaurants, ladies, etc Brum Vs LDN would definitely be a factor to some players. 

London is a great city but there's a lot of areas that I just wouldn't want to live in. I'm near to Twickenham which is a lovely area but places like Tottenham and Stratford are quite grotty, they're investing a lot of money to get those places more appealing but ultimately I doubt a multimillionaire football would want to spend time there unless they're playing a football match at the stadium. 

Likewise, Birmingham isn't the most attractive of cities but there's plenty to do there and has easy access to London and the surrounding areas like Leamington Spa and Sutton Coldfield are very pleasant places to live. 

Liverpool is a case in point. None of the players live or probably spend much time in the city, they're all based in Formby and might venture out to Liverpool for the odd night out but wouldn't spend much time there. 

Ultimately it's what the club and owners sell to the player that's important, I don't think the location of said club means much these days. 

Just now, holteend1982 said:

I don't even know how any villa fan can have this opinion. 

Baston. Drinkwater. Samagoal.

30 odd point season and here we are 3 weeks before the season kicks off and we putting in truly pathetic offers for players and have signed nobody of any note.

Just pay the money.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You know nothing about what's going on really. Even if that article said what it said, we still don't know anything. Most of this stuff isn't real.

It's nice to read a few rumours while we wait for something concrete, but they're not worth getting frustrated about.

Well it rings true when we missed a load of top targets last year for not willing to stump up the money and ended up with far too many bargain buy donkeys.

• Like 1

Cash wouldn't be cover, he'd be our starting right-back, was widely regarded as the best player in that position last season, previous to that as winger he was pretty average even by championship standards, so think we'd be signing him as a right-back only. Watched Forest a few times last season and thought he looked their most dangerous player from out wide, for some reason playing as full-back seems to suit him better than playing as a winger.

Yeah, can imagine the Cash negotiations ....

Villa:       we pay 11.5m

Forest:   No, 12m

Villa:       we pay 11.75m

Forest:   No......12m

Villa:      We pay 11.95m

Forest:   No dude.......12 flippin million.

Villa:      not good deal, way way off.....no!

Press Conference with Dean Smith:

Deano: "well, we were close to a deal for him, but we just thought it wasnt a good deal, the gap was just too large for us to be confident of developing the player and possibly getting a profit, you know....we are all about the development and scaling of transfers........the gap was just too large to make the transfer viable for us"

VT Forum: "Yeah BOI NO 1 MESSES US AROUND I BET THEY WANTEDZ LIKE 25M CUS ALL CHAMP PLAYERS ARE BRENTFORDZ 20-25M YA WHAT A WASTE OF MA POUNDS......GAP MUST HAVE BEEN LIKE 15M OR SUMMAT I LIKE DA BOARD YA PURSLOW DA MAN YE"

Deano that evening when he gets in his car:

Avoid The Office GIF

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, can imagine the Cash negotiations ....

Villa:       we pay 11.5m

Forest:   No, 12m

Villa:       we pay 11.75m

Forest:   No......12m

Villa:      We pay 11.95m

Forest:   No dude.......12 flippin million.

Villa:      not good deal, way way off.....no!

Press Conference with Dean Smith:

Deano: "well, we were close to a deal for him, but we just thought it wasnt a good deal, the gap was just too large for us to be confident of developing the player and possibly getting a profit, you know....we are all about the development and scaling of transfers........the gap was just too large to make the transfer viable for us"

VT Forum: "Yeah BOI NO 1 MESSES US AROUND I BET THEY WANTEDZ LIKE 25M CUS ALL CHAMP PLAYERS ARE BRENTFORDZ 20-25M YA WHAT A WASTE OF MA POUNDS......GAP MUST HAVE BEEN LIKE 15M OR SUMMAT I LIKE DA BOARD YA PURSLOW DA MAN YE"

Deano that evening when he gets in his car:

Avoid The Office GIF

Then we signed some right back from Belgium for a bargain 7m that will be have to pay to get off the books in 2 years time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We have to also accept that Birmingham doesn’t have the same draw as LDN or Manchester...

We don't have to accept that at all. 

London maybe, but players sign for Citeh or Yanited despite Manchester, not because of it. Mancs shout a bit louder than most but Birmingham is the second city in more than name only. 

• Like 1

From Forest forum:

If we can hold onto him it will be quite an achievement this January. 
Pure class , You can see when player starts to turn into something other than just raw potential, Burke, Brereton, Arvin all went for big money Cash is miles ahead of them and still is at this stage of his career. Lascelles was behind Cash at this stage but just look at him now .
Cash could be one of the best players to come from our club for the last 10 years or more.
If he was playing for Man u ,Liverpool etc then England would be sniffing around him .
Now is not the time to Cash in on Cash , He will be worth more in the future. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Liverpool is a case in point. None of the players live or probably spend much time in the city, they're all based in Formby

1228_126675961235.jpg

There’s more to an offer than just the cash. She’d Utd might offer £12m or whatever but Notts might not see that £12m for years. The clubs also have to think about the structure of payments and that’s going to also come down to the club’s credit. £10m in the bank today might be more appealing than £2m in the bank today and then being owed money for 5 years or whatever. 

I'd be wary of more than £10m for Cash, but reports are all good.

Guilbert would look just as good as him in the Championship IMO.

He can also play as a wide right which would be handy. A refresher on the Elmo squad role.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Ultimately it's what the club and owners sell to the player that's important, I don't think the location of said club means much these days. 

You are right but ultimately it’s all about the... 

FFA8B9C3-C7B7-41F0-A673-8990B93B9A35.jpeg

So Trippier was the main target but quickly realised that wasn't going to happen. 

I didn't think we needed a RB but would be quite pleased with Cash. I'd say he's much more of a Smith RB than say Guilbert who's attacking side of his game isn't the best. We surely aren't going to mess about over £15m are we? 

Edited by Farlz