Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

has anyone threatened to eat their neighbours yet?

Simon Cowell Reaction GIF by Got Talent Global

Is there a translation issue going on here......eat you neighbours?

(fwiw, my neighbours are chunky monkeys and would take ages....).

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

You've come round to love it @rayk

Haha, no I’ve always said I’d love the player and would be delighted if he came.

As long as he genuinely wants to come and brings his family Etc 👍

I’ve been checking transfer speculation constantly for weeks now, I’ve been glued to every bit of poorly written clickbait shite that clogs up the internet, I’ve spent hours trawling through German fan forums, I’ve listened to all the Villa podcasts, I’ve scoured social media and I’ve refreshed VT more times than I’ve blinked per hour. 

We still haven’t signed anyone. 

The good news for you lot is that I’m not going to be doing any of the above next week. So naturally that will be when all the signings happen. So hang in there, for next week is when it’s all gonna kick off. Welcome to Villa, Rashica, Watkins, Edouard and co. 

• Like 1

Josh Doig (18 Year Old Centre Back at Hibs) & Lewis Neilson (17 Year Old Centre Back at Dundee United) have both impressed me in the games i've watched on the net since Scottish Premier League Kicked Off. I've watched 3 of Dundee United's games so far this season. Neilson has been very impressive indeed. He's got big potential.

He's is already had representatives from Leeds, Leicester, Southampton & Everton watching him.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1533964/exclusive-big-english-clubs-take-an-interest-in-young-dundee-united-star-lewis-neilson/

Everton, Leicester City, Southampton and Leeds United all sent scouts to Tannadice on Saturday to watch the talented and versatile defender play against Celtic – and left hugely impressed by his performance.

Neilson, who only recently turned 17, started the first game of the season as one of three centre-backs against St Johnstone. Against the champions, he played at right-back.

Neilson has been converted from a central midfielder in United’s youth academy, where he has come through the age-groups from 10-years-old.

Shortly before the coronavirus shutdown he was called up for the Scotland under-17 squad.

Neilson is just one of a number of players making the step-up from United’s academy to the first team, bringing back memories of previous generations when the club was renowned for its conveyor belt of home-grown talent.

He is viewed as the pick of the bunch – a centre-back who can play at full-back and has the pace, composure and physical attributes to get to a high level in the game.

The Courier understands that it would take a seven-figure offer to get the attention of the recently-promoted club, who have made an excellent start to the Premiership season under Micky Mellon.

There is no danger of a Scott Banks-type scenario developing, where United had to accept a relatively low fee from Crystal Palace as the winger was going to let his contract run down.

Not only is local lad Neilson very happy at Tannadice, he is also tied down for the next three years.

The appeal for the big English clubs of signing players like Neilson is that post-Brexit it will be far more difficult to recruit young footballers from Europe under the age of 18.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 2