Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

36 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Potential price hikes, not being able to trust the other party, probablly a few other good reasons.

Agreed you would be pissed off - but you wouldn't pull out of the deal totally ????

Plus - I ve not heard anything substantial leaking to the press.

I think the cancellation of negotiations probably just means a meeting was cancelled, probably while they find where the leak is. I doubt it would mean we would pull out of buying a player we rate high enough to be in talks with. 

• Like 3

I don’t think we’d cancel negotiations at all... if we want a player surely we want him. Why would we cancel just because it might get leaked to the press? I don’t get the potential ‘bidding war’ thing either, surely you would wait until there was a bidding war and then back out if it got too expensive, rather than just canning the whole thing because that might happen. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You've obviously never been on a night out with a friend like me.

A pint of Voddie and she's "Curvy" not fat.

"Unique" and not ugly.

🤓

If you want to have a succesfull night out every time you go out, go for the ugly friend. 100% every time. Sometimes even the good looking friend will come knocking because she gets jealous.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Agreed you would be pissed off - but you wouldn't pull out of the deal totally ????

Plus - I ve not heard anything substantial leaking to the press.

We’re just going of this one Tweet so could be way off but one possible scenario is that we wanted to talk to Rashica and asked for confidentiality.

However when the meeting was arranged his agent leaked it to the Kosovo journalist in order to trigger RedBull (his preferred destination). We cancelled, refusing to be part of a bidding war.

Redbull now seem to have moved on so perhaps we are in a better position to return to this target? 

9 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

If you want to have a succesfull night out every time you go out, go for the ugly friend. 100% every time. Sometimes even the good looking friend will come knocking because she gets jealous.

My dad's advice: go ugly early!

• Like 1

If we were cancelling negotiations with agents and players every time there was a leak, no club would ever want to do business with us again.

Imagine being the selling club getting involved in the back and forth process of trying to agree terms with a club for sale of a player, a deal is finally agreed, agent is notified and travel arranged for the player and his agent to meet with Lange/Smith/Villa reps, and then the buying club pulls the plug because it got mentioned in the press that they might want the player.

That would be an absolutely mental strategy and we'd possibly burn through our shortlist of primary and secondary targets before ever making a signing.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If we were cancelling negotiations with agents and players every time there was a leak, no club would ever want to do business with us again.

Imagine being the selling club getting involved in the back and forth process of trying to agree terms with a club for sale of a player, a deal is finally agreed, agent is notified and travel arranged for the player and his agent to meet with Lange/Smith/Villa reps, and then the buying club pulls the plug because it got mentioned in the press that they might want the player.

That would be an absolutely mental strategy and we'd possibly burn through our shortlist of primary and secondary targets before ever making a signing.

I doubt it’s a blanket policy of cancelling any deal at any stage of negotiations just because the press find out. 

It is probably a bit more nuanced than that. In this particular example it may have been obvious we were being messed around (if true of course). 

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I know the clubs must have a list of targets, my slight concern we might be on about list 5 by now.

I'd imagine we would have signed both Benhrama and Watkins by now if that was the case.

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Also find it interesting that the 'itk' guy supposedly knows that we've cancelled negotiations because of leaks but is happy to leak this on twitter. 

A leak to the press would be to start a bidding war or get teams to stump up more cash and hurry up. A bit of itk  to fans isn't really the same thing to me. 

The tweet doesn't say that negotiations were cancelled because of a leak in of itself, they say they were cancelled because the negotiations were 'leaked straight to the press', implying that we started negotiating and immediately those negotiations came out in the something I'm presuming doesn't normally happen.

Also when people say that if Lange is being so strict with leaks then why has that account got it's information, pretty sure Lange isn't bothered about that account tweeting vague 'ITK', he and the club will be bothered about the press getting hold of information because it's that which can lead to prices being driven up and it's the press that agents use to put their players names on the market.

• Like 1