Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

36 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Looks like we have missed out on Weston McKennie. He looks like he will head of to Juve and probably be brilliant. I do wonder why we buy shit players while other go off and sign quality it’s bloody frustrating 

LOL! Biggest club in Italy, one of the biggest in the world will clearly have more appeal than us, get over it. But you make some massive assertions there, sounds like you are having a ‘mare with all this? Our lot really is t that bad.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

LOL! Biggest club in Italy, one of the biggest in the world will clearly have more appeal than us, get over it. But you make some massive assertions there, sounds like you are having a ‘mare with all this? Our lot really is t that bad.

We are so shit, we are losing out on players to an Old Lady ffs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would have gone with I would prefer 3 quality players for 60m than 6 quality players for a 100m. Quality over quantity and all that. I get your point though.

Only @Dave-R took the time to pick me up on what I said. I don’t think I need to worry when I said 3 quality players vs 5 average ones.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Course he doesn’t but he isn’t free to say whatever the hell he wants. Surely you are not naive enough to think he is?

But he was making a point (and against the club PR machine) that we can’t run the risk of signing players who’ve not had a proper preseason. I really don’t see what the issue is with what he’s said. 👍

11 minutes ago, rayk said:

Sorry that’s bonkers. So do you think DS just speaks random shit?

Besides it’s a very fair point what DS is saying, especially if we’re upping our budget?

Clam down, love.

The point is he said it's less than ideal, but that doesn't mean we'll never sign a player late again particularly if it's someone we're desperate to get and we have little choice but to wait.

Edit - genuine typo, but knowing how many of you come here just for shite fish puns I'll leave it.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Clam down, love.

The point is he said it's less than ideal, but that doesn't mean we'll never sign a player late again particularly if it's someone we're desperate to get and we have little choice but to wait.

Not more bloody fish puns...

Edited by punkymonkey666
Jk
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Clam down, love.

Edit - genuine typo, but knowing how many of you come here just for shite fish puns I'll leave it.

The point is we had a tight arsed owner called Deadly Doug back in the day when Scimeca started up front.

We’re looking to be one of the biggest spenders this summer so I would be disappointed if we don’t have a ST in for the start of the season. Happy if one or two others follow.

I mean a ST is far more important than a GK, DCM, CB or winger.

48 minutes ago, rayk said:

But he was making a point (and against the club PR machine) that we can’t run the risk of signing players who’ve not had a proper preseason. I really don’t see what the issue is with what he’s said. 👍

There is no issue with what he said. You bought it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I remember John Gregory’s first full season in charge we started up front with Scimeca as a lone striker. Some how we won 3-1 but the point is we signed a lot of players after the season had started such as Dublin and Merson. We were top by January.

Not having players in by the first game is not the end of the world.

Would be wonderful if we got players of that quality, proper players Dublin and Merson. Please give us players with the same impact this season!

I by the way wonder what happened with Riccardo Scimeca? I loved him, looked superb in our back three at the time, then he just disappeared, did he go to work at his family's pasta joint or what happened?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Would be wonderful if we got players of that quality, proper players Dublin and Merson. Please give us players with the same impact this season!

I by the way wonder what happened with Riccardo Scimeca? I loved him, looked superb in our back three at the time, then he just disappeared, did he go to work at his family's pasta joint or what happened?  

He never looked quite good enough for top flight - but he just fell off the side of the planet after leaving us.......