Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

we will have already defined what we intend to spend, we will have a list of multiple targets and will probably spend whatever we initially agreed to regardless of whether thats on 3, 4 or 5 players etc.

I could be wrong, but i fully expect us to spend 100m (or at least i hope we do)

our spend will certainly not be dicated by what other clubs do.

1000% expect us to hit and exceed that £100M figure. 3-4 players is out the equation. We need 5 players minimum cannot stress that more. Our real targets are off the radar well the majority of them anyway as i feel watkins is a genuine target for us. Im devastated that Weston Mckennie has pretty much just signed for Juventus 🙁. We need at least one signing by next Thursday. Interestingly i had a chat with couple family members who prefer Iheanacho over Tammy.. i was outraged and it wasnt worth my time but they havent got a clue.  Haven't seen MaVilla post in a while good to see you live and well . 

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i would disagree, i think we critically need at least one high calibre winger (assuming Grealish stays), as well as a striker and midfielder as minimum.

those 3 positions need critically upgrading.

Agreed in addition to one defender (ideally a RB that can play CB also) and maybe a goalkeeper but thats a tough one to call. My worst nightmare is starting the season with samatta or davis. A prime Yaya Toure would be a dream as that is what we desperately need in the centre of the pitch. And a 2009 Ashley Young flying down the wing 😝

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Agreed in addition to one defender (ideally a RB that can play CB also) and maybe a goalkeeper but thats a tough one to call. My worst nightmare is starting the season with samatta or davis. A prime Yaya Toure would be a dream as that is what we desperately need in the centre of the pitch. And a 2009 Ashley Young flying down the wing 😝

Konsa can fill in at right back in emergencies as well as his natural position of centre back. Ashley Young was better in 2008, do you remember that goal against Everton?

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Konsa can fill in at right back in emergencies as well as his natural position of centre back. Ashley Young was better in 2008, do you remember that goal against Everton?

I think Konsa was really good at RB, at least against the better teams I'd like him to play RB to tighten up our defence, if we bring in another cb that is.

RB isn't really a priority position at this point. Yes we could get better but you could say that for pretty much every position bar Grealish and to a lesser extent Luiz.

We have Gulibert, I assume AEM is sticking around for another season and Konsa did o.k in the run in so can fill in there if we have an injury crisis.

I get eventually to be a top tier team we'll need more dynamic FBs but no good having them if we've got little quality upfront so that needs to be sorted first. Think another CB is needed before RB unless Engels is going to be given a proper chance again.

Saying all that there's talk Everton want another RB in this window. If that happens I'd ask about Seamus Coleman's availability although he seems pretty loyal to Everton. Finally found his form again last season after the bad injury (would also mean we'd have got rid of Taylor aswell).

One of those experienced heads I'm always going on about just to guide us through the next two seasons.

9 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think Konsa was really good at RB, at least against the better teams I'd like him to play RB to tighten up our defence, if we bring in another cb that is.

I'm not sure I'd want him to convert. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of his crossing though.

7 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

judging by av agent on twitter i dont think we want to pay  watkins no1 target with cash and aarons 10mil for cash and 15 for aarons

he says watkins our main target this summer hope not

U wot m8?

20 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

An actual agent wouldn't be spilling gossip to randomers on Twitter

One of the only ITK agent types I rate on Twitter is the secret scout - recently called the Chrisene and Shakpoke youth deals to us very early doors. 

I agree, no self respecting agent will risk his income by blabbing to all and sundry. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

RB isn't really a priority position at this point. Yes we could get better but you could say that for pretty much every position bar Grealish and to a lesser extent Luiz.

We have Gulibert, I assume AEM is sticking around for another season and Konsa did o.k in the run in so can fill in there if we have an injury crisis.

I get eventually to be a top tier team we'll need more dynamic FBs but no good having them if we've got little quality upfront so that needs to be sorted first. Think another CB is needed before RB unless Engels is going to be given a proper chance again.

Saying all that there's talk Everton want another RB in this window. If that happens I'd ask about Seamus Coleman's availability although he seems pretty loyal to Everton. Finally found his form again last season after the bad injury (would also mean we'd have got rid of Taylor aswell).

One of those experienced heads I'm always going on about just to guide us through the next two seasons.

Yes i agree a CB is required but i guess i swayed with many guys on here screaming for a RB so i said that position instead.. but yeah a CB is more essential . Weston Mckennie is probably the one to add to the list of “ remember when we almost signed him” and hes ranked one of the best players. There are so many of them players that villa almost get. And if we do get any household names they are washed up in their 30’s and i hate that its us that end up the laughing stock. The same club that conquered europe in 82 and went toe to toe at the top with the best in the early nineties 😩. I look at some clubs like chelsea and see the players there signing and i just feel like giving up . Feels like no point in playing because the quality looks far superior and then we are linked with players that should never wear the villa shirt. I know thats chelsea who are a country mile ahead of us in terms of stature at the current moment but thats how i feel its sad that we slipped away so far behind. I feel like DS cant take us into that top 8 but would only probably get us a top 12 finish. I like DS and i would hate to see him leave honestly but i feel like we need a sharp tactical modern european coach to push us up to that new level ( I HOPE IM WRONG) 

Edited by RicRic
More to add