Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, rayk said:

You’re missing the point. I’m saying as long as we buy quality I’m fine with whoever we buy.

But if we can’t buy quality and simply just buy who’s available and end up spending £100m then that’s a bit silly.homer simpson doh GIF

But its abit silly going to spend 100 mill on 5 average players when you can spend 100 mill on 5 quality players.

200.gif

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I remember John Gregory’s first full season in charge we started up front with Scimeca as a lone striker. Some how we won 3-1 but the point is we signed a lot of players after the season had started such as Dublin and Merson. We were top by January.

Not having players in by the first game is not the end of the world.

True, but DS has been making a big point over the last couple of days that we can’t buy players like Douggie again for the first team if they are not fit enough.

Edited by rayk

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Signing a player late doesn’t mean they are not fit.

True, but DS’s point was signing players that didn’t have a proper preseason.....they cant catch up during the season.

24 minutes ago, MCU said:

All I'm saying is... if I were a betting man I'd be putting a few £££ on a certain Uruguayan forward joining us 👀

A Uruguayan you say? Get Luis Suarez in, at least he will give us some bite up front 😬😬😬😬

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

But its abit silly going to spend 100 mill on 5 average players when you can spend 100 mill on 5 quality players.

200.gif

Oh blimey, I’m saying there may be some positions where we’re down to 4th or 5th choice and in those situations I’d be wary about spending the money on those players simply because we can.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Dougie didn’t have a proper pre-season because he didn’t have a club. He wasn’t allowed in the country without a work permit. This is not going to happen often.

Fair point, but DS wouldn’t have made the point unless he thought there was a risk of something similar happening again.

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

Fair point, but DS wouldn’t have made the point unless he thought there was a risk of something similar happening again.

How do you know? DS will say what he has to say. Not too much and too not little. I wouldn’t  take too much notice of manager / coach interviews.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

How do you know? DS will say what he has to say. Not too much and too not little. I wouldn’t  take too much notice of manager / coach interviews.

Sorry that’s bonkers. So do you think DS just speaks random shit?

Besides it’s a very fair point what DS is saying, especially if we’re upping our budget?

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

Oh blimey, I’m saying there may be some positions where we’re down to 4th or 5th choice and in those situations I’d be wary about spending the money on those players simply because we can.

I would have gone with I would prefer 3 quality players for 60m than 6 quality players for a 100m. Quality over quantity and all that. I get your point though.

Just now, rayk said:

Sorry that’s bonkers. So do you think DS just speaks random shit?

Besides it’s a very fair point what DS is saying, especially if we’re upping our budget?

Course he doesn’t but he isn’t free to say whatever the hell he wants. Surely you are not naive enough to think he is?