Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

22 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

doesn’t sound like someone expecting to be on the move anytime soon 🙁

I had a spooky feeling they'd be looking for houses

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

But then when we don't deny a link its obvious we're in for them and we'd show everyone our hand. 

then deny it and create fake news.

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I hope Chilwell doesn’t score an own ghoul on his debut 

(yes! Halloween puns make a change to fish puns!!)

Did you mean deboooo?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

I get that, but I would guess its quite easy to quash fake news...just deny the link.

Yes! I also wish they would do that but then they might aswell just advertise the ones they really are into. 

eg...AVFC are in for Higuan, Eze, Abraham, Buendia, Trippier, Rashica...”no, we’re not”

AVFC are in for Aarons, Watkins, Edouard....”no comment”.

33 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

doesn’t sound like someone expecting to be on the move anytime soon 🙁

Blows the view that nothing is moving in the transfer market...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yes! I also wish they would do that but then they might aswell just advertise the ones they really are into. 

eg...AVFC are in for Higuan, Eze, Abraham, Buendia, Trippier, Rashica...”no, we’re not”

AVFC are in for Aarons, Watkins, Edouard....”no comment”.

No, we're  not....just keep it going....its easy.

19 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Smith has taken us from mid table in the Championship to promotion, staying in the Premier League and a cup final all in under 2 years. That's a pretty good rate. At that rate I'd say he's got many, many games.

just being devils advocate.....It would seem that has been lost on would be recruits.

I think that is a realistic call.....but not all outside B6 seem convinced.....are we not selling ourselves ,well enough?

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, MellbergsBeard said:

It's been boring for everyone other than Chelsea

It seems like no one is short of money and don't need to sell.

maybe the data base experts need to trawl the clubs, who have financial issues.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

It's been boring for everyone other than Chelsea

Yeah agreed. Still a little frustrating with the season starting in a couple of weeks...

I know I know, be patient etc..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

at this rate if we get bad start how many games for smith

do u have a positive bone in ur body???

cant decide if u are natrually super/excessively negative or just an SHA or Leeds fan (or something).

• Like 1

I just have an awful feeling that we are going to be left with the dregs of a signing list that has been decimated by other clubs,wether those other clubs are more attractive or are willing to spend more than us.

Its only a few weeks to the start of the season..the first 3 games we have are winnable with a decent squad..if we dont add to the squad before then...well we will be in big trouble and will have started out on the wrong footing...

I suppose its all about managing expectation versus reality...part of me wants to have a real chance of signing all those big names we have been linked with..the other half...well its either glass half full or glass half empty scenario.

Edited by OLDVILLAIN

Just putting this out there.......if the bottom half of the table don’t strengthen materially do you think we will still spend £100m?

I mean right now the recruitment of the promoted three looks pretty poor and same for Spammers, Brighton , Palace and Newcastle.

Maybe we won’t go quite as big this transfer window if we can’t get out no 1 targets??