Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 hours ago, rayk said:

I get the feeling signings are close, very close

Benrahma and Watkins left out of Brentford.

Aarons and Jamal left out of NCFC’s game yesterday.

Edouard was left out as but they claim it was an injury a Niggling one.

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

Smith has taken us from mid table in the Championship to promotion, staying in the Premier League and a cup final all in under 2 years. That's a pretty good rate. At that rate I'd say he's got many, many games.

He needs a good start though. 1 win in opening 8 games and we'll be back to square one and last season's great escape will fade into the background.

We always have problems kicking on. First season under Lambert we had a similar great escape and then kept Benteke who was as important back then as Grealish is now but we signed poorly and had a similar season so we got stuck in a never ending cycle of misery until we finally went down.

Simply don't want the same happening again so we'll have to be ruthless if things come to it.

3 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Looks like we have missed out on Weston McKennie. He looks like he will head of to Juve and probably be brilliant. I do wonder why we buy shit players while other go off and sign quality it’s bloody frustrating 

Because they are Juve and we’re not?

Wondering GIF by memecandy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

People declaring this window a failure, or bemoaning our not being able to attract our targets, or questioning whether we can afford the players we need, or whether we need a big name manager, is the equivalent of leaving a game at half time. That we're drawing.

We have 40 days.

Got to be careful though. All last summer I was relaxed looking at our options thinking there was no way we wouldn't sign a decent striker on August 31st. Deadline day nothing happened. Then in January I assume we'd learnt our lesson and on deadline day we're scrambling around signing Swansea's reserve striker who predictably made no impact and was released even before the season ended.

I'd imagine we'll sign some next attacking players before our first game and it helps the opening weekend games have been postponed but it's still only a little over 3 weeks away. Certainly wouldn't put it past us to go into the Sheffield United game with just Davis and Samatta as the two CF options. Knowing Davis he'll pick up a knock and then we'll be left with no one to bring off the bench after 60 minutes while Sheffield will be throwing likes of Sharp, McBurnie/Mousset on at that point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Looks like we have missed out on Weston McKennie. He looks like he will head of to Juve and probably be brilliant. I do wonder why we buy shit players while other go off and sign quality it’s bloody frustrating 

You don't know if we were even in for him. In fact we probably weren't. 

With our professional owners you won't know who we are after until they sign. 

Just now, sidcow said:

You don't know if we were even in for him. In fact we probably weren't. 

With our professional owners you won't know who we are after until they sign. 

Or until DS bemoans that they would have cost too much money....

32 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’d be happy spending £60m on three quality players rather than £100m on 5 bang average ones simply because they were available.

Excellent the way you put that 😉

You do know if you spend another 40 mill on top of your 60 mill spend for 3 quality players you can get 2 more quality players totaling the 100 mill that you'd be spending 100 mill on 5 average players for 100 mill.

That's Edan business 🤣

shocked vince mcmahon GIF by WWE

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 4

I remember John Gregory’s first full season in charge we started up front with Scimeca as a lone striker. Some how we won 3-1 but the point is we signed a lot of players after the season had started such as Dublin and Merson. We were top by January.

Not having players in by the first game is not the end of the world.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, rayk said:

Good news. Niggling injuries seem to be cured by a £30m+ transfer fee 😉

Ahh why not throw the full asking price in for a Niggling injury.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Excellent the way you put that 😉

You do know if you spend another 40 mill on top of your 60 mill spend for 3 quality players you can get 2 more quality players totaling the 100 mill that you'd be spending 100 mill on 5 average players for 100 mill.

shocked vince mcmahon GIF by WWE

You’re missing the point. I’m saying as long as we buy quality I’m fine with whoever we buy.

But if we can’t buy quality and simply just buy who’s available and end up spending £100m then that’s a bit silly.homer simpson doh GIF

36 minutes ago, rayk said:

They were relatively crap.

But that’s what I mean, we will be better next season and barring a proper ST, I wouldn’t spend £100m just for the sake of it.

I’d be happy spending £60m on three quality players rather than £100m on 5 bang average ones simply because they were available.

This remind me of this Thai guy that was selling DVD’s in the pub once. His sales pitch was £2 each or 5 for £10. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2