Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

As for Watkins and Benrahma I’m all for it as long as Watkins isn’t out main ST.

We would still need Edouard, Origi or even Batshuayi to feel comfortable we’ll be able to scores the goals we need to finish mid table / top 10 which has to be our aim.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not a freak of nature at all.

Just an extremely hard working and disciplined mofo!

It's what separates the best, from well... the Higuains and McCormacks etc.

He's incredible. Got to be one of, if not the most impressive athlete of all time. Ronaldo that is, not McCormack!

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Villain-from-Texas said:

If you’ve followed McKennie closely from the beginning, then this move isn’t actually an eyebrow-raiser. I’m not suggesting that he’ll take Serie A by storm or necessarily start regularly. But he is well up to the standard.

I never suggested he wasn't up to the standard. I simply said it was surprising to me, based on his stated goals, his attributes as a player, and the nature of the destination. On the surface of things, I would pick McKennie as the U.S. player destined for the Premier League, even before Christian Pulisic. He's physical, combative, and full of running. The aspects of his game that are currently lacking (again, tactical nous and positional discipline) will absolutely leave him exposed in Serie A. If he gets the opportunity to develop those at Juve and become a more well-rounded player in the process, great, but that's the reason for my surprise.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe Higuaín would be the catalyst for other big name signings?  Similar to Vialli for Chelsea.

Unfortunately I don't think Higuaín is suited to our style of play. Whilst I totally understand what you're saying and he definitely would increase our profile he'd be a very expensive mistake. Edinson Cavani on the other hand... He'd actually suit what Dean Smith wants to play. 

Neither of them with the best will in the world are going to be Villa players. Ever. 

Somethings happening with Juve. Lots of stories about flights to and fro. Everybodys favourite aerophile Rush fan confirms this too now.

It wont be Higuain though unless there's been a huge Volte Face in terms of our target profile.

I've never seen McKennie play but with the hype around him he seems to be a very good player.  However there is a DM/CM who is imo special. He hasn't been picked up yet and he's exactly the player we should be looking to sign.

Baptiste Santamaria.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

McKennie now a no... Karol Linetty though different types of player is someone I feel would offer a better rotation option to McGinn and hope we go in for him... Also How has Bentaleb been since leaving Spuds and should he be considered an option ?  

Bentaleb was on loan at Newcastle last season which might answer your question of how well he's done since leaving Spurs.

He played 12 times, didn't impress and Newcastle didn't take up the option to sign him permanently. He was in a bomb squad at Schalke and looks like he's being offered around Turkey from the rumours I've been reading. 

Edited by skarroki
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Somethings happening with Juve. Lots of stories about flights to and fro. Everybodys favourite aerophile Rush fan confirms this too now.

It wont be Higuain though unless there's been a huge Volte Face in terms of our target profile.

Where are these? I missed this.

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Not in the media mate.

Any idea of likely Juve suspects that could come to VP? I don’t know Juve team very much apart some of the big names.

Edited by nick76

13 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Matty Cash is off to Fulham by the looks of it..

Fulham aren’t doing any scouting, just looking at who Villa are linked to and get him. 😅

Bryan, now Watkins, Cash and the Wigan LB, even they managed to get Onomah last season. 😁