Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, rayk said:

Higuain 😂

Haha funny!

i’m serious...they’ll have youngsters that are good enough for us but not for their first team yet, they’ll have players who’ll be ageing looking to leave who might suit us or they might have fringe players who are good enough for us.

Matty Cash has the pace, work rate, attitude and physicality to play in the Premier League. He also delivers crosses with a fair bit of technique.

If Fulham buy him they will have a pair of dangerous wing backs in Cash and Bryan who will do well for them. Imo we should definitely be trying to get him. 

35 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I've never seen McKennie play but with the hype around him he seems to be a very good player.  However there is a DM/CM who is imo special. He hasn't been picked up yet and he's exactly the player we should be looking to sign.

Baptiste Santamaria.

Have you mentioned his name before? 

Are you his agent?

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Haha funny!

i’m serious...they’ll have youngsters that are good enough for us but not for their first team yet, they’ll have players who’ll be ageing looking to leave who might suit us or they might have fringe players who are good enough for us.

They have someone called Wesley....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_(footballer,_born_2000)

suspicious cat GIF by Garfield

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Any idea of likely Juve suspects that could come to VP? I don’t know Juve team very much apart some of the big names.

I've suggested Bernadeschi before as someone I think would fit our team and potentially move to Villa but a few on here disagree with that suggestion. 

Cuardrado has PL experience and is getting on, if it's a rebuild under Pirlo maybe he's available?

Other PL experience players are Danilo, Ramsey and Szczesny. Can't see any joining us. 

Other than that, Pjaca? Rugani? Pellegrini?

• Thanks 1

I really don't believe we'll see anything happen before September. If you look around at the credible rumors of what's going on, we know it's a buyer's market. We also know that clubs are hurting because of the pandemic. Because of this, they're putting large prices on players trying to recoup those losses, but most teams aren't willing to pay those prices right now. 

Plus they know they won't have to. So we're just stuck in a staring contest with everybody waiting on somebody to blink first. It will eventually be a selling club, but I don't anticipate it happening this week. For anybody, not just Villa. 

5 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I really don't believe we'll see anything happen before September. If you look around at the credible rumors of what's going on, we know it's a buyer's market. We also know that clubs are hurting because of the pandemic. Because of this, they're putting large prices on players trying to recoup those losses, but most teams aren't willing to pay those prices right now. 

Plus they know they won't have to. So we're just stuck in a staring contest with everybody waiting on somebody to blink first. It will eventually be a selling club, but I don't anticipate it happening this week. For anybody, not just Villa. 

But IIRC we are one of only six PL clubs yet to buy a player. So things are happening elsewhere.

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

If samatta is named in the team to play sheffield utd this window will have been a total disaster.discuss

Not necessarily. We could have 2 strikers in the bench. Whilst we all hope that new signings are better than we currently have, it doesn’t mean they walk into the starting line up.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@jonjon whats the news on Watkins and Said being out of the squad from your side?

Usual thing, protection from injury, we can't afford to put in danger our two most valuable assets, it happens at most clubs it's nothing new or untoward, and it's believed they have both played their last game for us, I do have a club contact this end with someone slightly ITK, and the word is that they have received bids for them both but have not reached what we have asked for (unknown of course) and Fulham are in the mix alongside yourselves as serious contenders, but we MUST get in replacements first, that's our priority.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

If samatta is named in the team to play sheffield utd this window will have been a total disaster.discuss

Bagged our only goal in a friendly against Bristol City in a 60 minute game.  We lost the other 60 minute game 1-0

The man is on fire 🔥