Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Lampard's going to be under a lot of pressure, rightly or wrongly I think they will be expecting to challenge for the title, a slow start and he could lose his job, if he wasn't Frank Lampard he might have lost his job after last season.

I think he’s up for it.

And no, everyone knew last season was going to be a transitional season and yet they were still FA Cup finalists. The reward for going through that pain is signing all the players they are signing this transfer window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Thing about Chelsea is they had a transfer ban. So they're making up for lost time.

And sold Hazard for £100m and Morata for £50m + a bunch of squad players.

• Like 1

Lampard did worse than Sarri, most other Chelsea managers would have been sacked after last season, the point isn't that that would have been the right decision but it's a comment on how ruthless Chelsea normally are with their managers.

• Like 1

It's all a matter of perspective isn't it?

If we'd gone and blown a third of our budget on a full-back, other teams would say it's because we struggled defensively last season and we're scared of another relegation scrap.
It's the Premier League, there's always a valid justification for spending a fortune.

It's the quality of player they're bringing in - Werner, Havertz, Ziyech.

Looks like they might get Thiago Silva and Sarr too. Colour me envious - unfortunately.

Edited by est1874

2 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

I just have a hunch that with all the spending there is a chance they will move Tammy on. I hope we will be first in line! 

Equally, I can see Tammy becoming so restricted to bit-part player that he'll want to leave for first team football.

39 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

People losing their shit over samatta scoring a goal today..jesus its against bristol shitty..it doesnt mean that overnight samatta has become the answer to our prayers

Who lost their shit?

If anyone should lose ones shit in this scenario it's the Bristol manager.

Edited by Rolta

39 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

People losing their shit over samatta scoring a goal today..jesus its against bristol shitty..it doesnt mean that overnight samatta has become the answer to our prayers

I agree........but maybe just maybe he’s used the 3-4 weeks of pre-season to get fitter?

I’m struggling to be confident here......but until,we sign someone like Edoaurd you have to think on the bright side of things.

Must admit, this window is proving to have some weird connotaions for us....I thought that things would get easier as we are developing.

I have no idea what is happening behind the scenes and no point in speculating.

just have to wait,and see I guess.

47 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

And just because he didn't impress so far, it doesn't mean that he can't improve or is a lost cause.

51 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

No it doesn't.....but scoring is better than not scoring.

It doesn't mean we can abandon our search for a striker..... but we need competition for places anyway.

17 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Equally, I can see Tammy becoming so restricted to bit-part player that he'll want to leave for first team football.

If he leaves and stays in England he won't be going to a Champions League side, nor Spurs. You are then looking at the likes of Wolves etc. I don't think its beyond possibility he could be convinced to come back "home" to us, particularly if we back it up with signings at a similar level.