Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Would people take Dean Henderson on loan for the season? He is a top keeper and it would give Tom time to prove his fitness. We could even loan Tom out to another club to get him back in the grove and ready for the following season.

Would be great but I get the impression he fancies his chances at becoming Utd's number 1, can't blame him with the way De Gea's been playing recently. 

I have no trust in Nyland at all so have no issue with loaning a keeper for the season whilst Heaton is recovering. Romero at Utd could be available, depending on what happens with Henderson/De Gea and I'd be happy with him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biskitt said:

Would be great but I get the impression he fancies his chances at becoming Utd's number 1, can't blame him with the way De Gea's been playing recently. 

I have no trust in Nyland at all so have no issue with loaning a keeper for the season whilst Heaton is recovering. Romero at Utd could be available, depending on what happens with Henderson/De Gea and I'd be happy with him 

It’s more likely Reina or Butland (£8m transfer fee rumour....) to be fair.

i too would like Nyland and Kalinic to be moved on. In fact the Kalinic transfer has bugged me more than most over the last 5 years.

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

It’s more likely Reina or Butland (£8m transfer fee rumour....) to be fair.

i too would like Nyland and Kalinic to be moved on. In fact the Kalinic transfer has bugged me more than most over the last 5 years.

The kalinic transfer was extremely bizarre. Came in for fairly big money, I remember the way the club spun it was unusual and I genuinely believe a good number of villa fans actually thought we were signing the Croatian number 1! I'll be honest from the wording of the press releases I assumed it myself until doing my due diligence.

Has looked like a donkey anytime he had played

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Would people take Dean Henderson on loan for the season? He is a top keeper and it would give Tom time to prove his fitness. We could even loan Tom out to another club to get him back in the grove and ready for the following season.

Would I take him? In a heartbeat, yes. He's one of the best keepers in the league.

Is he available? No chance. If he was we wouldn't be in contention to sign him, 

3 hours ago, rayk said:

It’s an interesting point about buying RB Leipzig, well not them exactly....more like a feeder team so that we can develop the best of our younger players.

But also we can look to make the same sort of signings RBL do. I have no idea who that Admira Wacker is but he’s very unlikely to come to Villa and play in our U23s for two years over playing maybe first team for RB Leipzig.

Roll two years on just think how much money we could save if we them wanted to buy Wacker but RBL wanted £15m for him.

The other alternative is to buy them and loan them out but then you are relying on that other club to develop the player for you with their own coaching staff. It may work for our academy/U23s players But I’m not sure it would work that well for overseas talent being brought in......unless we just loaned them back to the club we had bought them from.

I think most football players would pick playing regularly for a champions league semi-finalist, over our academy side?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skarroki said:

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Hoping we are in for buendia, for quality and 20 mill price touted, he would be better than benrahma and rashica

He plays on the RW rather than LW and is slow in comparison to Rashica and Benny.....but he is a quality player of doubt.

Edited by rayk

20 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I think most football players would pick playing regularly for a champions league semi-finalist, over our academy side?

I think what you are missing is that I had made the double mistake of conflating RB Leipzig (because of their Rashica interest) with Their cousin RB Salzburg in the context of the question of Austrian CB Emanuel Aiwu.

oh yes and I got Emanuel Ainu confused with his club Admira Wacker.......what can I say? I had a bad morning following a night of coke and call girls 🤔

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rayk said:

I think what you are missing is that I had made the double mistake of conflating RB Leipzig (because of their Rashica interest) with Their cousin RB Salzburg in the context of the question of Austrian CB Emanuel Aiwu.

oh yes and I got Emanuel Ainu confused with his club Admira Wacker.......what can I say? I had a bad morning following a night of coke and call girls 🤔

Welcome to the forum Kyle Walker.

• Haha 3

All this talk about signing young players too good for our under 23s, don't we just do what the other big clubs do and just have dozens of young players on loan all over the shop? 

Teams in The Championship will be gagging for loan players with zero money to spend on transfers I would think. 

How many players to Chelsea have out on loan every season? 

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

All this talk about signing young players too good for our under 23s, don't we just do what the other big clubs do and just have dozens of young players on loan all over the shop? 

Teams in The Championship will be gagging for loan players with zero money to spend on transfers I would think. 

I think the rules changed, Chelsea had something like 30 players out on loan a few years ago. Hoarding young players. Fifa or eufa or the Premier league put a stop to it.

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The rules have changed to limit the amount of players a club can have out on loan because of what Chelsea etc were doing. Can't remember what the limit is though. 

Butland’s career seems to have fallen off a cliff but for £8m and knowing we have Heaton as our first choice it almost makes sense to gamble and see if he can get his early career form back. If not, oh well, that’s no amount of money in modern football. If yes, could be a bargain once Heaton retires.