Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

That’s not what we call it in our house, but it happens so rarely they may have changed the name

Happy to pop over to check you’re doing it right. Let me know.

• Haha 1

NAKAMBA

http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-midfielder-snub-summer-transfer-wants-remain-villa-park/

Aston Villa midfielder to snub summer transfer – Wants to remain at Villa Park

Fotomac claim Trabzonspor manager Eddie Newton wants to sign Aston Villa midfielder Marvelous Nakamba, but the Zimbabwean will snub a move to the Super Lig.

Trabzonspor are in the market for central midfielders after John Obi Mikel, Jose Sosa and Badou Ndiaye all left the club. It’s claimed Aston Villa’s Nakamba is a priority for the former Chelsea coach, but the player wants to remain with the Premier League club.

With Villa securing their place in the English top flight on the last day of the season the midfielder wants to commit himself to them.

However, despite Nakamba intentions to stay in England, Fotomac claim Trabzonspor will still try to convince him over a move, and that they will wait for the right moment before submitting an offer for the 26 year old.

Nakamba joined Aston Villa from Club Brugge last summer for €12m and he went on to make 34 appearances for Dean Smith’s side in all competitions last season.

His contract at Villa Park will expire at the end of June 2024.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know a lot of people on here don't rate him, but I do. He's had a tough season, but I saw enough to make up my mind that there's potentially a good anchor there. He's mobile, quick feet, relatively good at winning the ball. If he does what he does well and keeps everything else simple he can be a big asset. 

I much prefer him to Hourihane in any midfield concoction. 

Defensive midfielding often is heavy on positional play. Coming into a side that struggled with settling as a team, it doesn’t make it easier. Often you take a positional play and the rest of the team don't follow up on their zones. It's tricky business what he walked into. 

I agree.....he can work on his positional play....reading the game is a crucial attribute in that role.

Hourihane plays a different role

He can only get better.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They are literally tens of millions in debt. Players in turkey not getting paid, players going on strike, and that was before c19.

Turkish football is bankrupt, there should be some bargains to be picked up there, I highly doubt any Premier player this season on any more than 15k pw would go there unless their principal club paid most of the wage.

50 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know a lot of people on here don't rate him, but I do. He's had a tough season, but I saw enough to make up my mind that there's potentially a good anchor there. He's mobile, quick feet, relatively good at winning the ball. If he does what he does well and keeps everything else simple he can be a big asset. 

I much prefer him to Hourihane in any midfield concoction. 

Defensive midfielding often is heavy on positional play. Coming into a side that struggled with settling as a team, it doesn’t make it easier. Often you take a positional play and the rest of the team don't follow up on their zones. It's tricky business what he walked into. 

Did he do better than Gueye in his first season?

11 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

They are literally tens of millions in debt. Players in turkey not getting paid, players going on strike, and that was before c19.

Turkish football is bankrupt, there should be some bargains to be picked up there, I highly doubt any Premier player this season on any more than 15k pw would go there unless their principal club paid most of the wage.

Luyindama from Galatasaray please. 

4 hours ago, Tayls said:

If we are going to sign players, it will be interesting to see if we carry out our business in a similar style to last year, where we seemed to buy players that already had links/relationships with others that we bought in or already had at the club... 

Wesley/Luiz - Brazilian pals

Wesley/Nakamba - Brugge pals

Jota/Konsa - Brentford pals & both worked with Smith 

Trezeguet/Elmo - Egyptian pals

Mings/Hause/AEG - signed permanently after loans 

The ones I can’t link are Targett, Heaton, Engels and Guilbert, although I was sure Engels had a link somewhere... 

Targett was/has a pretty good relationship with Grealish. And Engels was at Brugge and was also linked with Brentford when Smith was still there. 

Heaton & Guilbert I'm not sure about on the other hand

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Did he do better than Gueye in his first season?

I honestly think Gana was a step above, but it's very comperable. Go back and read what people said abput gana and it was much the same. Very raw, but talented players  

46 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've definitely seen enough positives from Marvelous to have patience with him.

Yeah I think your right, for a first season he wasnt to bad but he needs to learn some restraint from going forward and play CDM properly as he left us open way to much and stopped mopping up balls. To think how much he was playing before lockdown to how he lost his place to Luiz and it was a good job really.

Imagine if Nakamba could up his game and get on the level Luiz has been after lockdown having them both competing against each other while learning, we wouldnt need to look for any CDMs for years to come.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've definitely seen enough positives from Marvelous to have patience with him.

If I had to describe his first season..... he was slightly overwhelmed with it all and puts himself under pressure. Definitely a good heart, needs to relax and let it flow.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Luyindama from Galatasaray please. 

We were apparently looking at him, plotting to consider planning an enquiry of a bid on him in January weren't we ? I'm sure he could be snaffled ( oddly not used in football media for signing players) for less than the 10 million he was linked for previously.

• Like 1