Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Would people take Dean Henderson on loan for the season? He is a top keeper and it would give Tom time to prove his fitness. We could even loan Tom out to another club to get him back in the grove and ready for the following season.

Give them 35m and sign him. He’s good to go for 10+ seasons

Heaton is brilliant, but there will always be a question mark over injuries

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Would people take Dean Henderson on loan for the season? He is a top keeper and it would give Tom time to prove his fitness. We could even loan Tom out to another club to get him back in the grove and ready for the following season.

I think Sheff United bidding 18.5m for Ramsdale suggests Henderson isn’t being allowed out on loan this season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chappy said:

I think Sheff United bidding 18.5m for Ramsdale suggests Henderson isn’t being allowed out on loan this season.

Exactly. If he was available for loan then you’d assume Sheff Utd would have him back already.

15 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Give them 35m and sign him. He’s good to go for 10+ seasons

Heaton is brilliant, but there will always be a question mark over injuries

Keeper is not a priority for us.

We only have enough money to buy 3-4 £25m+ players, and keeper isn’t that vital, as Heaton will be back in a couple of months and Steer/Nyland/[loan keeper] can fill in for the games he misses.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I heard that he wanted to do an Axel (stay at Old Trafford and fight for a first team place). What could possibly go wrong?

I think we should be OK between the sticks in any case, with Steer surely fit to cover for Heaton, should Tom not be able to start the first couple of games.

Edited by John

14 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Keeper is not a priority for us.

We only have enough money to buy 3-4 £25m+ players, and keeper isn’t that vital, as Heaton will be back in a couple of months and Steer/Nyland/[loan keeper] can fill in for the games he misses.

That's not true now is it, do you truly believe the media have gone right to people in our club or our Owners and got how much we have to spend, or even better our Owners have released how much. The media in England isnt what it was and clubs keep things far more secret than what they used to.

Until the Owners or someone at the club state it we can only speculate what's available to spend same as all these links in the media.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Exactly. If he was available for loan then you’d assume Sheff Utd would have him back already.

I think Man U have been subsidising his wages. Sheff U cannot afford to pay a higher percentage. I think he would be available if we took a big hit on his salary 

Thought there might be some exciting, or at least interesting, links today with it being Sunday.

Apart from the S*n reporting interest in Saints’ Obaefemi, the only other mention of Villa is Sky Sports saying “Jack Grealish has given Man Utd fans a glimpse of what they could expect if he complete a move to Old Trafford this summer during a training session in Greece”.

karl pilkington bullshit GIF

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PieFacE said:

It’s probably rubbish, but £10m for a 20 year old youth prospect isn’t bad I don’t think. (I say youth prospect, 20... so still young but maybe not ‘youth’ to be honest. Still ok I think though as minimal risk).

Edited by alreadyexists

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's increasingly sounding like we should buy Salzburg 

They certainly know what they are doing currently in identifying talent. Just been researching who they are  looking at this summer and a young Austrian CB Emanuel Aiwu is a main target and here is one of those pointless Youtube Videos showing him doing the basics... 

Edited by thabucks

I think we'll see 5 players come in. A Wide Forward, a Winger, a ST (record signing), a LB and either a CM or RB depending on who is available.

Ideally we would sign someone with a bit of versatility for the last signing. Can Matty Cash play CM if required?

• Like 1

I’m sure this may have been mentioned but it surprised me. Whilst it is common knowledge that the window closes on 5th October, there is a further two week domestic window between Premier League and Championship until 16th October.

With all the links to Watkins, Benrahma, Henry and I dare say a few others from the Championship we just can’t leave it until 16th October deadline day for what may be some our most important signings.

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’m sure this may have been mentioned but it surprised me. Whilst it is common knowledge that the window closes on 5th October, there is a further two week domestic window between Premier League and Championship until 16th October.

With all the links to Watkins, Benrahma, Henry and I dare say a few others from the Championship we just can’t leave it until 16th October deadline day for what may be some our most important signings.

You should let the board know just in case they forgot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It’s an interesting point about buying RB Leipzig, well not them exactly....more like a feeder team so that we can develop the best of our younger players.

But also we can look to make the same sort of signings RBL do. I have no idea who that Admira Wacker is but he’s very unlikely to come to Villa and play in our U23s for two years over playing maybe first team for RB Leipzig.

Roll two years on just think how much money we could save if we them wanted to buy Wacker but RBL wanted £15m for him.

The other alternative is to buy them and loan them out but then you are relying on that other club to develop the player for you with their own coaching staff. It may work for our academy/U23s players But I’m not sure it would work that well for overseas talent being brought in......unless we just loaned them back to the club we had bought them from.

57 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s probably rubbish, but £10m for a 20 year old youth prospect isn’t bad I don’t think. (I say youth prospect, 20... so still young but maybe not ‘youth’ to be honest. Still ok I think though as minimal risk).

Obafemi is a good player!!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

It’s an interesting point about buying RB Leipzig, well not them exactly....more like a feeder team so that we can develop the best of our younger players.

But also we can look to make the same sort of signings RBL do. I have no idea who that Admira Wacker is but he’s very unlikely to come to Villa and play in our U23s for two years over playing maybe first team for RB Leipzig.

Roll two years on just think how much money we could save if we them wanted to buy Wacker but RBL wanted £15m for him.

The other alternative is to buy them and loan them out but then you are relying on that other club to develop the player for you with their own coaching staff. It may work for our academy/U23s players But I’m not sure it would work that well for overseas talent being brought in......unless we just loaned them back to the club we had bought them from.

That’s a good post and I think that’s the direction that we’re moving in. The building of the recruitment team and other welcome additions to the coaching staff at various levels would suggest we’re looking to become one of those clubs we all admire. 

It also appears that NSWE are interested in buying a smaller club that could be useful to us in the future. I don’t think I’ve ever been more optimistic about our future, either short or long term. 

16 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

You should let the board know just in case they forgot. 

You say that but didn’t the Benrahma deal supposedly fall through on deadline day last Summer?

And its not so much that the board forget, more that the selling club let it run to the very end of the window hoping that the buying club will pay the selling clubs asking price rather than lose getting the player.