Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

Honestly and truly I don’t give a monkeys about Walsall’s history if they became our B team. Loan our best U23s out there and I’m sure they’d ultimately see a better class of footie than they normally have.

i have no problem if B/feeder teams exist in League 1/2....more apprehensive about the Championship.

It's not about what you think though, it's about what it does to all the loyal fans of those teams when 10+ PL B teams push them into non-league and financial insolvency.

It's all academic though as there's no way the EFL would sign up to it. I can't see them wanting the top 6 having B teams inevitably finishing top of the championship each year and then promoting 7th and 8th with 9th-14th competing in the playoffs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Forgetting last summer and his poor form this year I think we would do worse than get Butland for say £3-4million plus. We could also throw in unwanted players perhaps (Jota, Bree, Lansbury, Taylor)  I can see Cutler working on his confidence and Competing with Heaton would  be good for Him/us ... Anything above £6mill though I’d walk away ....

Butland was as good as they come too🤞

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's not about what you think though, it's about what it does to all the loyal fans of those teams when 10+ PL B teams push them into non-league and financial insolvency.

It's all academic though as there's no way the EFL would sign up to it. I can't see them wanting the top 6 having B teams inevitably finishing top of the championship each year and then promoting 7th and 8th with 9th-14th competing in the playoffs.

But it is though, because I’m a fan of Villa and it makes complete sense for Prem league clubs to have B teams.

And why not? If it prevents teams like Bury going into administration that’s a good thing imo.

and let’s remember in Spain they allow B teams in their Championship. We’re talking about League 1/2...and it may actually increase interest in those leagues.

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

And why not? If it prevents teams like Bury going into administration that’s a good thing imo.

Most fans of those clubs would disagree. I don't think many Wimbledon fans support MK Dons because there is no shared identity. I used to live with a Bognor Regis fan who would rather not support any team that support the newly founded 'Southampton B'.

8 minutes ago, rayk said:

and let’s remember in Spain they allow B teams in their Championship. We’re talking about League 1/2...and it may actually increase interest in those leagues.

Well, you're talking about league 1/2. I don't see why it would be restricted there as the EFL are one body. Spain only has 2 professional leagues, with no top flight B teams in any of them. We have 4.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Call me a cynical old git but I am sure clubs like Chavski would find  a way around the rules. For example doing a nominal sale for a player to a club and then have a low price buy back. There is too much self interest in the football industry to stop the top clubs hoovering up all potential talent.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

No, we may be Villa fans, but we also have a duty to protect the football pyramid. We're only event 2 seasons away from league 1. Should we then be WBA  b team? 

European countries dont have the depth of support below the top league. The British system is unique and should be protected 

Well if Dr Broke had still been in charge then yeah maybe we would have been.

But we’re not, and if our owners fancied buying Walsall as a B team then why not?  I really don’t see the problem.

Jack went to Notts County back in 2013, Jacob Ramsey went to Doncaster Rovers but what’s the difference between that and Walsall being a feeder club?

Our last two or three ‘wonderkids’Hepburn Murphy, Green and O’Hare could all have done with being sent out on loan when they were 18/19,  and that would have been so much easier with a feeder club.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rayk said:

Jack went to Notts County back in 2013, Jacob Ramsey went to Doncaster Rovers but what’s the difference between that and Walsall being a feeder club?

So by this logic you’d have been fine with Abramovich buying Villa as a B team on the basis of loaning us Tammy Abraham in the Championship?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

So by this logic you’d have been fine with Abramovich buying Villa as a B team on the basis of loaning us Tammy Abraham in the Championship?

No, my logic is not feeder clubs in the Championship. League 1 or 2 for feeder clubs is fine.

And hey the rule should be clear, any CURRENT Prem club who wants to buy a feeder club can never be relegated to League 1 and their feeder club can never be promoted to the Championship.

Simples.

• Confused 3