Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I would be more worried if every one else was signings players and we were not. It's a lull period with players on their holibobs. It will warm up later in the month.

And when we do sign players I bet they will be completely different to those who we have talked about like what happens every year. Modern day journalists are as far away from the football club operations as us the plebs who pay to turn up and watch it. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, thabucks said:

if looking towards Benfica then Florentino Luis currently being linked to Fulham & Leeds on loan with view to buy... Only 20 and could form a stunning partnership with Luiz 

FM wonderkid along with Ruben Dias 

43 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Butland’s career seems to have fallen off a cliff but for £8m and knowing we have Heaton as our first choice it almost makes sense to gamble and see if he can get his early career form back. If not, oh well, that’s no amount of money in modern football. If yes, could be a bargain once Heaton retires. 

He was worth 8m when we were chasing him, wouldn't pay that now, prob a token 2m and they could do with him off the wage bill, but all this only if cutler can see something he can work with. Just my 2 cents buddy.

I know we don’t need a keepe4 and I’d be quite happy if Reina returned BUT if we could shift Nyland and Kalinic AND we knew the backstory as to why his form has dipped sooo dramatically I’d take a punt on Butland ay say £5m-£6m.

i think he’s just had a major strop about not being sold to us last season, I don’t think it’s anything more worrying than that.

Perfect age as a replacement one day for Heaton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

I think the rules changed, Chelsea had something like 30 players out on loan a few years ago. Hoarding young players. Fifa or eufa or the Premier league put a stop to it.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

The rules have changed to limit the amount of players a club can have out on loan because of what Chelsea etc were doing. Can't remember what the limit is though. 

They may have reigned it in but they do still seem too have plenty out on loan. 

Butland is supposedly on £35k a week at Stoke, doubt he is willing to drop lower than that if he gets a move to a PL club.

Considering the level he's performed at he is not worth anything close to the £8m fee or that salary. He's been dreadful by all accounts.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He was worth 8m when we were chasing him, wouldn't pay that now, prob a token 2m and they could do with him off the wage bill, but all this only if cutler can see something he can work with. Just my 2 cents buddy.

I think we are getting close to the point that £8m is a token amount. That’s an exaggeration maybe but not far off. He was going to be what, £25m last summer? Think we are saying broadly the same thing though which is worth a punt on the cheap if we think there is potential there and he’s not first choice.

My worry about buying players from the Primiera Ligue Is that we’d be getting the cast offs. I just don’t think we could compete either with the Champions League clubs or the Mendes/Wolves hoovering up of Portugese.

Besides I think yo7 can find better value in other leagues.

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They may have reigned it in but they do still seem too have plenty out on loan. 

Clubs face loan restrictions after Fifa announces new regulations

Fifa has proposed new regulations that would mean clubs could only have eight loan deals per season, both in and out of the club. That would then be reduced to six from 2022-23.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Butland is supposedly on £35k a week at Stoke, doubt he is willing to drop lower than that if he gets a move to a PL club.

Considering the level he's performed at he is not worth anything close to the £8m fee or that salary. He's been dreadful by all accounts.

Well obviously this is true last season but it would be taking a punt that he could recover the form that made him England’s youngest ever goalkeeper, has seen him spend multiple seasons as a number one, etc. I honestly haven’t seen him at all over the last year or so so I can’t comment on that but it’s just whether the club think there is something to recover there or if he’s done.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The calls for B teams in the lower leagues will be back

Italian football will need a complete restructure 

From a selfish perspective I love the idea of it to develop our young players, but we have so many smaller clubs with a great history I think it would be a shitty move. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I watched him number of times last season and he always impressed me. Got very good potential, good attitude and he can only keep improving.

I was thinking that mate, Southampton i don't believe would sell him and would want more than £10mil. Who know's about Release clause

He does pick up a few injuries and they've got Ings, Long and Che Adams finally started scoring end of the season so guess he wants to play more and he probably won't get the opportunity. I think he's decent aswell, would be a good striker for us in away games.

• Like 1

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

From a selfish perspective I love the idea of it to develop our young players, but we have so many smaller clubs with a great history I think it would be a shitty move. 

Honestly and truly I don’t give a monkeys about Walsall’s history if they became our B team. Loan our best U23s out there and I’m sure they’d ultimately see a better class of footie than they normally have.

i have no problem if B/feeder teams exist in League 1/2....more apprehensive about the Championship.

Forgetting last summer and his poor form this year I think we would do worse than get Butland for say £3-4million plus. We could also throw in unwanted players perhaps (Jota, Bree, Lansbury, Taylor)  I can see Cutler working on his confidence and Competing with Heaton would  be good for Him/us ... Anything above £6mill though I’d walk away ....

• Like 2