Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

I think he’s fantastic and cant believe Southampton would let him go for that price. Maybe there is a release clause?

I watched him number of times last season and he always impressed me. Got very good potential, good attitude and he can only keep improving.

I was thinking that mate, Southampton i don't believe would sell him and would want more than £10mil. Who know's about Release clause

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Obafemi is a good player!!

I don’t think I’ve seen much of him, if you say so though dude I trust your judgement! Sounds like £10m would be a good price then... if it’s not just paper talk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think I’ve seen much of him, if you say so though dude I trust your judgement! Sounds like £10m would be a good price then... if it’s not just paper talk

£10mil's agreat price mate. I think just paper talk i feel as Southampton would want more than that! he's one of their best prospects.

Love his goal vs Man Utd in last min!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Next week will see the start of the transfer merry go round I reckon. I reckon there's been something of a transfer amnesty up til now to let players agents and club officials the chance to get catch their breath after a weird and confusing season

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I watched him number of times last season and he always impressed me. Got very good potential, good attitude and he can only keep improving.

I was thinking that mate, Southampton i don't believe would sell him and would want more than £10mil. Who know's about Release clause

Would he be ready to walk into the starting XI mate or is it one of those with a view to ket him progress here...

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Would he be ready to walk into the starting XI mate or is it one of those with a view to ket him progress here...

Super-sub to start i'd say. He's a much better player than Keinan in my opinion.

2 years younger as well! Obafemi is already a full Irish International. He was born in Dublin.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, rayk said:

It’s an interesting point about buying RB Leipzig, well not them exactly....more like a feeder team so that we can develop the best of our younger players.

But also we can look to make the same sort of signings RBL do. I have no idea who that Admira Wacker is but he’s very unlikely to come to Villa and play in our U23s for two years over playing maybe first team for RB Leipzig.

Roll two years on just think how much money we could save if we them wanted to buy Wacker but RBL wanted £15m for him.

The other alternative is to buy them and loan them out but then you are relying on that other club to develop the player for you with their own coaching staff. It may work for our academy/U23s players But I’m not sure it would work that well for overseas talent being brought in......unless we just loaned them back to the club we had bought them from.

FC Admira Wacker Mödling, are an Austrian Team not a player FYI ... This kid could be the next Upamecano or Okore who knows but this is the sort of target I see us moving towards. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s a good post and I think that’s the direction that we’re moving in. The building of the recruitment team and other welcome additions to the coaching staff at various levels would suggest we’re looking to become one of those clubs we all admire. 

It also appears that NSWE are interested in buying a smaller club that could be useful to us in the future. I don’t think I’ve ever been more optimistic about our future, either short or long term. 

The other alternative that I forgot to mention - which I’ve heard rumours about - is that we ditch the U23s and create a B team, like Brentford have done, which enables them to basically play their reserve team (which includes the players they are hoping to integrate into the first team). 

Personally, I don’t think that’d work for us so yes, I hope Sawiris rumoured interest in Vitoria Guimares is more than just a rumour.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

The other alternative that I forgot to mention - which I’ve heard rumours about - is that we ditch the U23s and create a B team, like Barcelona have done, which enables them to basically play their reserve team (which includes the players they are hoping to integrate into the first team). 

FTFY chap.   

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

FTFY chap.   

No I meant the Brentford B team that just play ad hoc fixtures and are not in a league.

Barca’s B team play in the Segunda División B (Spanish Championship).

13 minutes ago, rayk said:

The other alternative that I forgot to mention - which I’ve heard rumours about - is that we ditch the U23s and create a B team, like Brentford have done, which enables them to basically play their reserve team (which includes the players they are hoping to integrate into the first team). 

Personally, I don’t think that’d work for us so yes, I hope Sawiris rumoured interest in Vitoria Guimares is more than just a rumour.

Where have you seen that rumour. Not sure it’s been mentioned here before. 
Personally I’d say that’s very unlikely. The board have been clear from day one over the importance of the academy and have spent a lot improving things that side. 

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Where have you seen that rumour. Not sure it’s been mentioned here before. 
Personally I’d say that’s very unlikely. The board have been clear from day one over the importance of the academy and have spent a lot improving things that side. 

It was when DS came in and the moneyball transfer tactics AND the fact that the U23 football wasn’t seen as competitive enough / bring into players through to the first team.

I wasn’t a fan of the idea and the way things have gone since the U23s is really for the U18s and any U23s Too good for that league get loaned out unless they are in first team contention.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

That's not true now is it, do you truly believe the media have gone right to people in our club or our Owners and got how much we have to spend, or even better our Owners have released how much. The media in England isnt what it was and clubs keep things far more secret than what they used to.

Until the Owners or someone at the club state it we can only speculate what's available to spend same as all these links in the media.

So what? Shall we speculate that we might be able to tempt Messi for a last payday?

There’s obviously a line of what is realistic, and that’s based on something.

Purslow was quoted last year saying how newly promoted teams should all be able to invest the full TV & Prem money on new players, or words to that effect. What clubs are given is pretty widely known and reported to be £100m-130m depending on League placing. Hence most people expecting that level of spending.

12 hours ago, RobSpain said:

Been away for a few weeks thought I’d check in and see what was occurring. 473 pages!!!!? Can someone paraphrase all that please? 🤣

Exponential speculation.

• Like 1