Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

It's often said there are no bad ideas, but then again, people say a lot of things.

The quote is there are no bad ideas only great ones that go horribly wrong lol

im not saying it’s a great idea though, just something better than the U23s and something other clubs have pursued, albeit in different countries. They probably wouldn’t have done that on the whole if they could have bought in the England.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

How do you convince 4/5 top players to sign for Aston Villa, is it a domino effect, once one signs more will follow? 

How do you convince these players to turn down clubs that have finished higher up? 

Sign a mercenary type whose motivation is money?

I think you’ve answered your own question there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Championship > SPL by some distance. So no. 

There’s Celtic, Rangers in the past, one or two others and then there is the rest of the SPL.

Celtic would be good enough for the Prem over the years.....certainly as good as many Championship clubs that get promoted.

So, yes.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I hope this is true. He is going to be a top player. We should get him for £20m. Much more potential than Watkins in my view. Get it done villa

Agree he is a much better player than Watkins, but it’ll be £25m-£30m.... not £20m unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

Agree he is a much better player than Watkins, but it’ll be £25m-£30m.... not £20m unfortunately.

You could be right. Will come down to the competition. If nobody else is willing to take a punt at the moment then he may be cheaper than you think. It is so hard to judge in the current market.

41 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'd really rather not spend close to £20m on Ramsdale

A competent keeper is hugely important. The owners might well think a big outlay on a good keeper in order to avoid the kind of mishaps and errors we have seen this season would be money well spent.

I would certainly not be against spending a chunk of money on a decent keeper, as I have no faith in any of our keepers except Heaton, and he needs good back up and competition.

If he is not ready for the beginning of the season, I dread having to start with any of the others.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

How do you convince 4/5 top players to sign for Aston Villa, is it a domino effect, once one signs more will follow? 

How do you convince these players to turn down clubs that have finished higher up? 

Sign a mercenary type whose motivation is money?

Not got a problem with signing mercenaries, as long as they do the job. It's usually that we sign idiots on long term contracts that's the problem. 

55 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'll pass on him. Looks like Kodjia mkii. Let him do his thing in the spl and championship. We need better. Can't afford to gamble with spl quality this year. 

Have you seen his France U21 Stats ? Google them and then, let’s discuss your post ...

Edited by thabucks

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Have you seen his France U21 Stats ? Google them and then let’s discuss your post ...

Kodjia also came from the PSG set up 👍

(And I don’t see how anyone can compare the work shy Kodjia with Edouard who generally puts a shift in).

Edited by rayk

12 minutes ago, rayk said:

Kodjia also came from the PSG set up 👍

(And I don’t see how anyone can compare the work shy Kodjia with Edouard who generally puts a shift in).

Kodjia just lived in Paris. Didn’t play for PSG at any level 

Edited by Nicho