Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Edouard makes sense, as can see us playing more counter-attacking football next season, especially with Shakespeare coming in.

The little I have seen of him he didn't look pacy at all. So don't think so. 

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The little I have seen of him he didn't look pacy at all. So don't think so. 

Really? Not “Pacy at all” Is like Wes...

Edouard is fast mate......certainly for the SPL and probably the Prem.

2 hours ago, rayk said:

No, my logic is not feeder clubs in the Championship. League 1 or 2 for feeder clubs is fine.

And hey the rule should be clear, any CURRENT Prem club who wants to buy a feeder club can never be relegated to League 1 and their feeder club can never be promoted to the Championship.

Simples.

I'm amazed you think you've used logic.

3 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm amazed you think you've used logic.

I get it you don’t like the feeder club idea but if you say I’m not using logic then I’d love to hear your thoughts about how it might work.

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'd really rather not spend close to £20m on Ramsdale

If we spend intelligently for once I would be all over Ramsdale. He singlehandedly kept Bournemouth in some games and he’s young. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'd really rather not spend close to £20m on Ramsdale

Can’t see it unless we’ve got £200m to spend.

Besides unless Ramsdale was p*ssed off at getting sold by Sheff Utd 2 years back, they’ll be favourites to sign him.

Either way, ST link and GK link means things heating up now managers and players are back from their hols.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rayk said:

I get it you don’t like the feeder club idea but if you say I’m not using logic then I’d love to hear your thoughts about how it might work.

We're getting wayyyy off topic so I wont go back and forth any more, but to answer your question I don't think it would work at all.

I've already mentioned the depth of professional football in this country. Do the 20 teams that happen to be top flight in one season get a chance to buy another club in league 1 or 2? What if only 2 owners are willing to sell their clubs that year - would that mean the 2 clubs that spend the most get the shot and everyone else can f off? Otherwise, would you suggest the EFL force member clubs to be sold to PL teams and how is a price set? What are the odds of the vote going through when league 1 and 2 make up more than 2/3 of members? Does any team newly promoted to the top flight get to do this in future seasons or is it a 1 time deal? If each newly promoted team is allowed to get involved, how many lower league teams need to be bought before it's stopped? Do you think fans of a club would keep going to games if they're never allowed to be promoted from league 1? Does it seem right that there would be an auction for the highest bidder to give themselves a safety net? Etc.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, rayk said:

Really? Not “Pacy at all” Is like Wes...

Edouard is fast mate......certainly for the SPL and probably the Prem.

I'll pass on him. Looks like Kodjia mkii. Let him do his thing in the spl and championship. We need better. Can't afford to gamble with spl quality this year. 

2 hours ago, rayk said:

No, my logic is not feeder clubs in the Championship. League 1 or 2 for feeder clubs is fine.

And hey the rule should be clear, any CURRENT Prem club who wants to buy a feeder club can never be relegated to League 1 and their feeder club can never be promoted to the Championship.

Simples.

It's often said there are no bad ideas, but then again, people say a lot of things.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

We're getting wayyyy off topic so I wont go back and forth any more, but to answer your question I don't think it would work at all.

I've already mentioned the depth of professional football in this country. Do the 20 teams that happen to be top flight in one season get a chance to buy another club in league 1 or 2? What if only 2 owners are willing to sell their clubs that year - would that mean the 2 clubs that spend the most get the shot and everyone else can f off? Otherwise, would you suggest the EFL force member clubs to be sold to PL teams and how is a price set? What are the odds of the vote going through when league 1 and 2 make up more than 2/3 of members? Does any team newly promoted to the top flight get to do this in future seasons or is it a 1 time deal? If they do get a shot, how many lower league teams need to be bought before it's stopped? Do you think fans of a club would keep going to games if they're never allowed to be promoted from league 1? Does it seem right that there would be an auction for the highest bidder to give themselves a safety net? Etc.

I agree lol. Different thread time.

And you misread current lol. I meant current at the time they bought the feeder club. Ie any club who buys a feeder club needs to be in the Prem at that point. Maybe I could have clarified but most posts here on here are a little ambiguous. And no, no forced sales....all market forces.

I don’t care what the other fans think once they become a feeder club. How would the fans of Vitoria S.C. feel if Sawiris bought them as a feeder club? Would you have a different opinion then?

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'll pass on him. Looks like Kodjia mkii. Let him do his thing in the spl and championship. We need better. Can't afford to gamble with spl quality this year. 

Then we should definitely pass on Watkins then.

How do you convince 4/5 top players to sign for Aston Villa, is it a domino effect, once one signs more will follow? 

How do you convince these players to turn down clubs that have finished higher up? 

Sign a mercenary type whose motivation is money?