Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I can see the first signing or two coming in this week. 

I really hope this deal of 10 million plus Hogan for Callum Wilson is true. He's exactly the type of player that we need in our squad. A quick, poacher type player who has scored goals at the top level relatively consistently. The injuries slightly worry me, but then so did Danny Ings' record when we were linked before he left Liverpool.

Combine Wilson with another striker and we have a great front line going into the new season before Wesley comes back to fitness. Edouard and Abraham are most likely out of our league, but Watkins would be a great buy and there would be much less pressure on him with Wilson joining as well.

• Like 2

On 09/08/2020 at 08:04, rayk said:

Another point on Wes IF the rumours are right about Lazio’s interest and separately that we maybe after a CB

Obviously as a club we’d prefer hard £££ but how about a swap + £ for their Slovakia CB Denis Vavro (who hasn’t settled at Lazio).

Lange will know all about him having signed him and them sold him on whilst at FC Copenhagen. Apparently made his name as a ball playing CB, good age, right height for a CB.

Could be a doubly good deal, get Wes off the wages and get a good CB that fits Smith’s way of playing.

Please NO to Vavro, I saw him play several times when he was at FC Copenhagen and everybody laughed when they sold for o lot of money. He is terrible...

I see Willian has deffo decided to leave now, JT posted Gutted, now where you off to Willian is it deffo Arsenal or somewhere else perhaps.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Still about 55 days of the window left.... no need for panic at all.

Pre season starts in a week and we play our first competitive fixture of the new campaign in just over a month.

Whilst I’m delighted at the progress that seems to be being made behind the scenes and investing in the future, it would be excellent if they could now start prioritising the present.

I’m not panicking though...yet.

• Like 1

Hardly any PL signings so far. The longer this goes on the better it is going to be for potential buyers. Things will happen when the time is right. 
I still really hope that we go for Sarr. It’s an interesting move from Watford to place a price tag on his head. Seems a bit desperate to me. I would test the water with a £20m bid. I really think that he is attainable and he is exactly what we need. He could also be worth £80m in a couple of years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Pre season starts in a week and we play our first competitive fixture of the new campaign in just over a month.

Whilst I’m delighted at the progress that seems to be being made behind the scenes and investing in the future, it would be excellent if they could now start prioritising the present.

I’m not panicking though...yet.

Yep I know that.

Anything to suggest they aren’t prioritising the present?

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Yep I know that.

Anything to suggest they aren’t prioritising the present?

Nope. Fingers crossed they are. Interviews with Dean following our survival, he talked about the problems with bedding in players that had only arrived shortly before the season started. That in itself would suggest they’d like to have people in place by the start of pre season. Let’s hope this is a big week for us.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Nope. Fingers crossed they are.

Do you need to cross your fingers?

Every window people complain about how long things take. Every single one!

You'd have thought we'd all have learnt by now that million pound deals where the players get to choose where they go and other teams get to choose how much they're worth take a lot of time to align.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Nope. Fingers crossed they are. Interviews with Dean following our survival, he talked about the problems with bedding in players that had only arrived shortly before the season started. That in itself would suggest they’d like to have people in place by the start of pre season. Let’s hope this is a big week for us.

Then why say it and why have fingers crossed?

Its the same every season and this summer it’s even harder than normal. It takes time to bring players in especially when you don’t know what league you are going to be in until the final day.

There is absolutely no reason to be concerned.

• Like 3

My Bournemouth season ticket holding mate on Callum Wilson. 

"This year we've kept trying to play ball into his feet using him as a link/target man which is isn't his strength. He's much better as a channel runner. Not been the same since his last injury but still getting a few goals which is a sign of his quality. He's a good player but not the great player he was season before. Needs a new challenge in his career now. Could be a good move for all parties". 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Right everyone to the airports, get your phones ready and report every player coming through those gates, its stakeout time people.

Will do mate 👍. Currently staying in Cornwall, so will make my way over to Newquay Airport this morning instead of the beach.

Not sure if Mrs F or the kids will be happy but VT comes first as always! 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

If we are, I fear we'll be waiting to the end of the window. Unless we throw insane wages at people, it's unlikely high-level players are going to have us as their first choice, considering where we finished and that we're not an established top-level team again yet. They'll eliminate their other options first and we'll get them if we're lucky and others drop out. It seems this has happened to us a fair amount, but I might be reading between the lines a bit and drawing the wrong conclusions. Anyway, I just don't think it's as simple as pay the money, sign the player.

If we want players in early, we're going to have to accept that they'll be Championship players or players from less-glamorous leagues. And there'll be a decent amount of haggling to be done too unless we want to stump up the asking price. It's going to take time—it's going to be really disruptive that the window is open to the end of October. This could really be a bumpy ride!

Leicester City paid way over the odds to sign Ayoze Perez last summer and admitted they'd overpaid significantly just to get the deal done quickly. The players we're reportedly after such as Aarons and Benrahma are also being linked with top clubs like Bayern/Liverpool/Chelsea so if we bide our time and get them at the end of the window I'm happy with that.

9 minutes ago, villaglint said:

My Bournemouth season ticket holding mate on Callum Wilson. 

"This year we've kept trying to play ball into his feet using him as a link/target man which is isn't his strength. He's much better as a channel runner. Not been the same since his last injury but still getting a few goals which is a sign of his quality. He's a good player but not the great player he was season before. Needs a new challenge in his career now. Could be a good move for all parties". 

This is a massive red flag for me. 28 and has had 3 big knee injuries.

Can go down hill pretty quick and I assume he's on pretty big wages and would like a long contract. Hope we look elsewhere.

• Like 4

I would still like us to sign a couple of players with height, power and strength, as I feel we really lack in this area. It’s all on Mings currently and if he doesn’t play, we’re soft and concede easily.

Smalling at CB next to Mings would be fantastic. Competition for Konza and Engels.

I know not popular on here but I would also look at Billing for the middle. He really gives presence and only 24, so can improve still.

If neither of these are on the club’s radar, then I hope we look at this issue because I believe it cost us a lot of goals last season.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1