Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, sne said:

This is a massive red flag for me. 28 and has had 3 big knee injuries.

Can go down hill pretty quick and I assume he's on pretty big wages and would like a long contract. Hope we look elsewhere.

i really hope targets are better than wilson.

plus he's on 100k pw at bournemouth. he won't want to drop wages by much so we're looking at having to pay him similar and he's just not worth it

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Then why say it and why have fingers crossed?

Its the same every season and this summer it’s even harder than normal. It takes time to bring players in especially when you don’t know what league you are going to be in until the final day.

There is absolutely no reason to be concerned.

I think it’s reasonable to have a minor concern. Some people are just conscious of us having a repeat of last summer, not getting some players in until a couple of days before the season started.

We’re probably one of 4-5 teams that still need significant improvements in our first eleven. 

I feel like there are a lot of auctions going on, with 10+ clubs all interested in the same handful of 6-7 forwards that keep being mentioned. If that’s the case, then I just wonder whether it’d be worth going in with a big offer in an attempt to get some deals done early (like Man City have with Ake).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i really hope targets are better than wilson.

plus he's on 100k pw at bournemouth. he won't want to drop wages by much so we're looking at having to pay him similar and he's just not worth it

His wages are more around £60k, I think it’s commonly believed.

18 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I would still like us to sign a couple of players with height, power and strength, as I feel we really lack in this area. It’s all on Mings currently and if he doesn’t play, we’re soft and concede easily.

Smalling at CB next to Mings would be fantastic. Competition for Konza and Engels.

I know not popular on here but I would also look at Billing for the middle. He really gives presence and only 24, so can improve still.

If neither of these are on the club’s radar, then I hope we look at this issue because I believe it cost us a lot of goals last season.

Interesting that you don't mention Hause at all, who is probably the best player in the air we have. 

• Like 2

Just now, lexicon said:

Interesting that you don't mention Hause at all, who is probably the best player in the air we have. 

Hause is the understudy to Mings and not a regular starter.  He played more games towards the end of the season because Smith realised we were soft. 

I also don’t think we’ll start the season playing two left footed CB’s. 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Has anyone made any transfers yet? We will have to wait a while before it starts moving again. Most of the deals will be done in September.

Brighton and City, the rest seems to be loans made permanent 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Has anyone made any transfers yet? We will have to wait a while before it starts moving again. Most of the deals will be done in September.

There is less money in football this summer due to Covid-19 and most clubs are waiting for some the big clubs to get the spending started.

City has signed 2 rather expensive players but that money is not going go back into the transfer market since both Valencia and Bournemouth needs to balance their books. Lille will spend some of the Osimhen money on a new striker and Manure will use most of the money from the £200m emergency loan they took out on new players but someone has to start.

At the moment it's a waiting game with most clubs already owing money to other clubs due to previous transfers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Problem is the European comps are still going. Most business will be done once those are over.  If Wilson is cheap like 15m or less I would gobble him up at that price. Then we have money left for Watkins.

You think the European comps are what will kick start the transfers? I would've thought it's more a case of clubs probably still being in vacation mode. I'd expect traction to get hold already this week. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Problem is the European comps are still going. Most business will be done once those are over.  If Wilson is cheap like 15m or less I would gobble him up at that price. Then we have money left for Watkins.

Why Wilson and Watkins?  Then we’ll have (inc. Wes) three strikers about the same level, I’d even argue Wilson is the least of the three.

• Like 1

Look at all the players the academy team are meant to be signing but none of them have actually signed yet, probably because most will be away on their breaks, and the same will be true for the senior players. When seasons end normally you don't get many signings for the first few weeks after for the same reasons.

Surely with our Egyptian owner and players we must be in for "the next Mo Salah"? :D 

EGYPTIAN superkid Mahmoud Saber has claimed he has an offer to sign for Rangers, after deciding to leave Cairo side Al-Ahly.

The 18-year-old, who can play as a right back or a right winger, has already been dubbed the new Mo Salah, after a string of impressive displays in Africa.

He said: "Because I have never signed a professional contract with Al-Ahly, I am deemed an amateur player and can sign for a new club for nothing.

"I have offers from Rangers in Scotland, Valencia in Spain and Benfica from Portugal as well as a big club in Tunisia. I will make my decision soon.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5907561/rangers-transfer-news-saber-offer/

3 minutes ago, MCU said:

5 weeks until the Prem starts... plenty of time. Have a cup of tea, put your feet up and have a browse through the off topic.

Makes a lot of sense to get things done as quickly as possible tbf - we need a far more settled team to start the next season than we did the last.