Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Why wouldn't people want Stones for £20m? Yes he struggled at Man City, but we're not Man City. He is only just 26, has plenty of experience and would be under far less pressure at Villa. 

He can't defend. He'd also demand huge wages. There's much, much better value out there.

Edited by Okonokos

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I'd rather have an ever developing Konsa over a Stones on the way down. 

I agree with this. If we go into next season with our 4 current centre half’s then that is fine. We need to improve what is in front of them. That will make their jobs much easier.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John said:

Linked with a move for John Swift from Reading, who apparently want £6m for him. Sheffield United and Leeds also said to be interested, but it's from Birmingham Live (link below). For that money, I would say get it done sharpish! 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-reading-18694405  

6 million is a steal for that kid.  Lots of raw talent and could be a superstar in the future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

6 million is a steal for that kid.  Lots of raw talent and could be a superstar in the future.

"kid" turned 25 one month ago :D 

Not saying it wouldn't be a good deal thou.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Saw him 3 times last season and many highlights - he’s Premier League quality. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Why wouldn't people want Stones for £20m? Yes he struggled at Man City, but we're not Man City. He is only just 26, has plenty of experience and would be under far less pressure at Villa. 

He also struggled at Everton

Just now, KMitch said:

Just means I'm getting older!  hahaha

Haha same here, there are players who I still think of a youngsters that are retired 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, paul514 said:

No way will the tv rights money go down.

i saw a video on what the money to the teams could be worth if the premier league set up their own world wide tv service and it was insane amounts way higher than it is today.

The ‘Price of Football’ podcast did suggest that TV revenues will drop this year as the FA need to rebate BT & Sky for the COVID problems. They suggested that relegated teams will suffer most as their parachute payments will also be reduced. A figure of -10% was mentioned.

I think new pricing models and distribution is being discussed, as well as some ‘Free-to-Air’ games for BBC/ITV as their audience is about 4-5x that of Sky/BT and they suggested that teams could sell their pitch side advertising at a higher rate to compensate (exceed) for these matches.

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Why would Chelsea want rid of a striker who has scored 15 PL goals in his first full season? Genuine question just not heard that, heard rumours he may want to leave to ensure he's a starter.

I'm fairly certain he'll be there next season.

It's Chelsea and they're spending like crazy again. Werner is there now - I'd think nailed on starting striker but maybe Lampard will play him out wide and Abraham up top. Giroud is probably off however he had something of a renaissance towards the end of the season so maybe Lampard will keep him over Tammy. They've still got Batshuayi although they'll be looking to move him on I'd imagine. As I said it's all just speculation.

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why did Man City buy him for £47.5m? I think he’s damn good and he’s good looking too

They needed to fill their English player quota. He's a dreadful defender. What about his game is good?

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

He scored 5 in 7 games for us in the winning streak and I think only one of those was a pen. He didn’t play the last 3 games.

5 in 9 , correct one pen. (Missed one as well) only missed the game against Millwall (win number 10).

As said, that little run came after a baron two months, and I distinctly recall him being pretty ineffective in that winning streak missing multiple chances but also not being involved in build ups as he had been earlier in season, the less frequently he scored the harder he tried and it showed as he started making wrong decisions and being a bit too greedy.

As I say I wouldn't say no to having him back, but he would cost ridiculous money and all the factors I've alluded to make me think there will be problems if he was to make the step up in a side that isn't full of Chelsea's quality. 

I said before the season he wouldn't cut the mustard at Chelsea, fair play to him he had a great first half to the season, but overall his performance dropped massively. He is a big confidence and numbers player

• Like 1