Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, carewjust4u said:

This type of thinking is needed more in our fanbase, we won't be braking our wage structure without very very good reasons.

While I agree with this, I very much think we will be breaking our wage structure quite a bit this close season.  Let's just say our wage structure will be adjusted to the step up in level (based on our owners comments about the season the other day) will be increased significantly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Some room in our wages for some top players, given we didn’t add many high wage earners and released some high earners before the season started.

A8E7794D-2512-4560-A0E8-B4BC58196A03.jpeg

Love it! The great myth that liverscum didn't buy their way to the title their nobhead fans love to shout about. They seem to think the £75m each they spent on Allison and Van Dijk is make believe. Did it in the 60-80's and now they're back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villa94 said:

can anyone give me a good reason why haven't signed anyone yet ?

I'm sure we've registered an interest in some players. Most likely monitoring the situation and are probably ready to table some bids before that window SLAMS shut. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kidlewis said:

Very useful table if accurate. Although not using this years wage bill.

How one earth are Liverpool fans claiming to run  at a profit if their wage bill is that high?

16 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

Brexit....sorry I mean Covid....sorry I mean US/China tensions. 

Come back tomorrow for the next world event happening in what seems a daily basis.  All valid excuses....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

i wish i was a west ham fan sometimes (only joking) as soon as anyone over £20m becomes available the are all over them 😂 

Still crazy they only finished one place above us given the squad they have.  You have to expect them to be a top end team next season with the talent they have in that squad.

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

In normal circumstances yes but the fact that we want to keep Grealish and Chelsea may want Tammy to leave (speculation) to make room for bigger and better would push their prices up and down accordingly. There are other factors which determine the price of a player. It's not based on ability alone.

Why would Chelsea want rid of a striker who has scored 15 PL goals in his first full season? Genuine question just not heard that, heard rumours he may want to leave to ensure he's a starter.

I'm fairly certain he'll be there next season.

22 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

The season finished 4 and a half days ago. We had no idea what league we would be in. Do you think it takes 4 and a half days to complete a transfer (unless its transfer deadline day and you're panicking)?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Still crazy they only finished one place above us given the squad they have.  You have to expect them to be a top end team next season with the talent they have in that squad.

Have to agree, on paper that team is very very good! They should be a top 10 club.

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Why would Chelsea want rid of a striker who has scored 15 PL goals in his first full season? Genuine question just not heard that, heard rumours he may want to leave to ensure he's a starter.

I'm fairly certain he'll be there next season.

They wanted to offer him an extension to his contract but he has put that on hold until he gets more indication of the minutes he'll play next season as he's worried he wont get as much.  I'd provide a link but I'm just going out, just google and should see.  I'm not surprised given all they are buying but it still would be difficult to see him leaving but if there is any chance we should do everything to convince him because it's obvious he's going to get less time there (i think also Giroud has signed an extension and he's getting more game time)

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Would anyone go for John Stones? Apparently W Ham are going for him for £20m (BBC Gossip) 

No. Don't rate him at all. Look at his defending for our goal in the cup final. Sums him up.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Haha you know what I meant.  To get better talent into the club, they expect better wages.  We just have to do our research properly and with a bit of luck get the right talent in but be prepared to pay higher wages.  What we cant do is buy projects that are on 10-15k per week and expect to be further up the league.  At the same time we dont want to over pay and get mercenaries in or players that will sit on our bench earning big salaries like Micah Richards did.

You did say ‘the right talent’ was important as well which kind of ruined my joke, but I went ahead and made it anyway because that’s the kind of guy I am ;)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

How one earth are Liverpool fans claiming to run  at a profit if their wage bill is that high?

You need to factor in their whole turnover. Liverpool rake in a huge amount. Their wages are around 50/60% of their overall turnover - so they can afford it.

Good article here if you want more in depth details.

• Like 1

Abraham will probably find it hard to make it at Chelsea for the same reasons Bent couldn't make it at Tottenham, those kind of strikers arenn't really wanted by the very best clubs these days and haven't been for a while now. If Abraham hadn't have come through their academy or they hadn't have had their transfer ban he probably wouldn't be a Chelsea player now; one reason for selling him now is that now might be the best time to sell him in terms of getting a big fee, because if he has a season sitting on their bench then he isn't going to be as worth as much next summer.

I  think the big question is less whether Chelsea would let him go, and more would he come to us if they did, considering that there would be other clubs interested, possibly the likes of Wolves, Leicester and maybe even Spurs.

Edited by useless