Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Hahah just found this, dont know how accurate it is.  I assume the difference to the 310m is non-playing staff including Klopp and co

LFC salary.JPG

It changes country to country so excuse my ignorance here. When a UK source list a players wages are they using the pre- or post-tax figure?

Here in the states, just in case anyone is curious, it's always pre-tax. 

45 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I think i have broken my F5 key the last few days refreshing the forums for any signing news.

3 players i would love to see at villa..all 3 probably wont happen..but it would be a serious sign of our intent if we could get them.

1.rashica

2.tonali

3.Abraham

would cost over 100m for those 3..but they would transform us into at least a top 10 side and fast

That should be our approach imo. 

4/5 big hitting signings and keep most of the squad. Sell or let the dead wood leave and then bed them in and wait for those injured to return. 

I’d much rather see that than huge squad changes. 

culture and continuity is as big a factor as morale and form. You’ve got to have the right atmosphere and right mindset within the club. 

also I’d rather have a player fighting for the shirt than for just the salary. 

Edited by kidlewis
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How the f**k we ever gonna compete with that? Depressing.

edit: was meant to quote the wages league table.

To be fair, it was our Championship wage bill. I imagine it increased a bit this season (still not a lot though, we didn't make any huge signings).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

The ‘Price of Football’ podcast did suggest that TV revenues will drop this year as the FA need to rebate BT & Sky for the COVID problems. They suggested that relegated teams will suffer most as their parachute payments will also be reduced. A figure of -10% was mentioned.

I think new pricing models and distribution is being discussed, as well as some ‘Free-to-Air’ games for BBC/ITV as their audience is about 4-5x that of Sky/BT and they suggested that teams could sell their pitch side advertising at a higher rate to compensate (exceed) for these matches.

Ok but I am talking about the actual tv deals they negotiate every few years.

50 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I think i have broken my F5 key the last few days refreshing the forums for any signing news.

3 players i would love to see at villa..all 3 probably wont happen..but it would be a serious sign of our intent if we could get them.

1.rashica

2.tonali

3.Abraham

would cost over 100m for those 3..but they would transform us into at least a top 10 side and fast

For the prices quoted in the press recently you could have Sarr, Eze and Inanacho for 80 million.

46 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

And Benrahma. Would absolutely Kevin Keegan love it if we went into next season with a front 6 that looked like this:

Abraham

Grealish                    Benrahma

McGinn       Rashica

Luiz

Rashica is not a midfielder. He is a CF/Winger.

Ti be honest I would much rather go for Rashica, Buendia, Morelos and Karlan Grant. Morelos is an issue with red cards so we need a striker behind him who can play in the wing so if we want to play Rashica upfront we have a winger but if we want to play Rashica out wide we have a other striker. I think morelos and Grant would cost similar amounts to Abraham and I have no doubt grant could easily hit 10 for us if he can hit 5 for Huddersfield on 13 games and the worst attack in the prem.

I would also like Eze and a more defensive midfielder and another winger in there so we have a bit more pace. If we have a budget of 150 million I think we could get this and then maybe even a full back especially if we get them on loan. 

Edited by MotoMkali

32 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

It changes country to country so excuse my ignorance here. When a UK source list a players wages are they using the pre- or post-tax figure?

Pre tax unless mentioned

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

To be fair, it was our Championship wage bill. I imagine it increased a bit this season (still not a lot though, we didn't make any huge signings).

No, we only broke our transfer record twice!

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

No, we only broke our transfer record twice!

I meant wage-wise. Wesley's fee was only that high to get him a work permit, and Mings was already on the books from last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why did Man City buy him for £47.5m? I think he’s damn good and he’s good looking too

Because every club makes ridiculous transfers every now and again, think more eyebrows were raised on that one than any other big signing in recent times.

It was also at a time when a new rule was introduced when English teams had to have a certain amount of home grown players in their squads, this practically doubles any young decent English players transfer fee. 

I don't think they paid extra because someone at Man City thought he was good looking either

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I meant wage-wise. Wesley's fee was only that high to get him a work permit, and Mings was already on the books from last season.

Mings would have had a new deal thrashed out, when on loan we would have been paying his Bournemouth wages. Wesley will be on a lot more than some of our Championship strikers would have been on like Kodjia or Hogan for example.

We also gave Grealish a new contract I think, and most of the players would have had automatic clauses triggering pay-rises with promotion

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

And Benrahma. Would absolutely Kevin Keegan love it if we went into next season with a front 6 that looked like this:

Abraham

Grealish                    Benrahma

McGinn       Rashica

Luiz

So lightweight

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

It's usually pre-tax here as well

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Why wouldn't people want Stones for £20m? Yes he struggled at Man City, but we're not Man City. He is only just 26, has plenty of experience and would be under far less pressure at Villa. 

I wouldn't want Stones in our team because his lack of defensive ability. At Man City he has to face the ball maybe around 30% of the time. At Villa it's going to be around 30-40% possession for us. He's so error prone at City when they dominate the ball at Villa it's going to be increased as we won't have the ball as much.

All our CB's are better than Stones at defending. Their distribution is improving too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I wouldn't want Stones in our team because his lack of defensive ability. At Man City he has to face the ball maybe around 30% of the time. At Villa it's going to be around 30-40% possession for us. He's so error prone at City when they dominate the ball at Villa it's going to be increased as we won't have the ball as much.

All our CB's are better than Stones at defending. Their distribution is improving too.

Totally agree , at times we were so bad at back this year it was hard to watch . Past few games with Konsa we have looked much better , add stones to the mix and think i couldn't watch at all , not to mention the bad habits that may rub off onto our younger players