Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

12 hours ago, ForfarVillan said:

I've liked the look of Greg Taylor ever since I saw him play in Toulon tournament for Scotland a few years back. Did well at Kilmarnock and got a move to Celtic but hardly played last season. I could see them being interested in taking Neil Taylor so could swop them.

Just now, VillaChris said:

I've liked the look of Greg Taylor ever since I saw him play in Toulon tournament for Scotland a few years back. Did well at Kilmarnock and got a move to Celtic but hardly played last season. I could see them being interested in taking Neil Taylor so could swop them.

We could swap him for Neil Taylor and hope they don’t notice 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

My favourite left back in my time watching us.

It's funny looking back to that time. When I first think of Staunton I always think of him as a left back yet Alan Wright didn't miss a game in about 4 season under Little/John Gregory so Staunton played a huge amount of games as the left sided CB in the 3/5/2.

We had such a good team in the mid 90s and good back up with likes of Tommy Johnson.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Tammy will never leave greater London, Crystal Palace have more chance of getting Tammy than us.........

I'm confident we'll secure some top players absolutely certain!

Yeah I dont believe that is true, I think if he leaves Chelsea then unless a top six club come in for him, he'll come to us if we offer the right deal and he can see the dream the owners have.  I dont think the London will be the be all and end all for Tammy

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He looked great for Killie but Clarke had a way of making decent players gel as a team, I'm still interested to see how he would do away from that Killie setup. Obviously with competition and injury he hasn't been playing but he's still young so plenty of time to prove himself

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

Some room in our wages for some top players, given we didn’t add many high wage earners and released some high earners before the season started.

A8E7794D-2512-4560-A0E8-B4BC58196A03.jpeg

Shows how ridiculous prem wages have got when Palace have double our wage bill.

Think we were around 60-70m in the MON era and that was 80% of our turnover. If ever the tv deals were significantly reduced so many teams would be in big trouble.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think we were around 60-70m in the MON era and that was 80% of our turnover. If ever the tv deals were significantly reduced so many teams would be in big trouble.

And we were on around £75m-£80m a season while down in the Championship. That's absolutely shocking.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No way will the tv rights money go down.

i saw a video on what the money to the teams could be worth if the premier league set up their own world wide tv service and it was insane amounts way higher than it is today.

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

yikes for Bournemouth and Watford. Gonna be a squeaky few years financially for them looking at that

5 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

yikes for Bournemouth and Watford. Gonna be a squeaky few years financially for them looking at that

They will still get parachute payments. I think both will also raise 70-80m in the 4-5 they sell (Bournemouth already getting 40m for Ake). The key always in championship is to get back up in the 2-3 year period otherwise you then really have to downside your squad and you become just another championship club who are more likely to get relegated. Boro and Hull are good examples of that, both went down from prem in 16/17 and Boro could've easily gone down with Hull if they hadn't got Warnock in.

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Is that not our premier league wage bill? Does seem a bit odd that we have the third lowest wage bill in the premier league - yet didn't fancy paying Jarrod Bowen's wages demands. If that is our current wage bill we must surely have capacity to bring in 2 or 3 big earners and to give jack a big increase.

That’s what’s I am not sure on. It says based on 2018/19 accounts so would assume not? 

I imagine it’s higher now but even if it went up by 1/3% that’s £80m still considerably lower than most of the league. 

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Why wouldn't people want Stones for £20m? Yes he struggled at Man City, but we're not Man City. He is only just 26, has plenty of experience and would be under far less pressure at Villa. 

But.... he’s not so great with defending... if you are going to spend £20m on a defender, you ideally want to know that they can indeed defend... 

• Like 3