Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Some room in our wages for some top players, given we didn’t add many high wage earners and released some high earners before the season started.

A8E7794D-2512-4560-A0E8-B4BC58196A03.jpeg

And people turn there nose up at Dyche......amazing!!

51 minutes ago, MCU said:

Owen hasn't seen his contract out yet has he?

46 minutes ago, KH** said:

I think Jackie Milburn’s has just expired 

Robbie Fowler says Hi ..............still got a locker at Elland Road apparently? 

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Some room in our wages for some top players, given we didn’t add many high wage earners and released some high earners before the season started.

Wow looking at their squads I can only wonder how Bournemouth, Palace, Newcastle, Brighton and Southampton have managed to top £100m in wages. There are some bang average players on big wages in this league. No wonder relegation is a disaster for Bournemouth.

12 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Speaking for myself obviously, I think dyche has done an amazing job. But I don't think he fits the owners vision, style of play wanted, would he work with a DOF?

I think all those things would go into why he's knocked down on here, in my opinion. Plus, Smith achieved what he couldn't and got a team up and kept them up at first time of asking.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, nick76 said:

They wanted to offer him an extension to his contract but he has put that on hold until he gets more indication of the minutes he'll play next season as he's worried he wont get as much.  I'd provide a link but I'm just going out, just google and should see.  I'm not surprised given all they are buying but it still would be difficult to see him leaving but if there is any chance we should do everything to convince him because it's obvious he's going to get less time there (i think also Giroud has signed an extension and he's getting more game time)

Tammy will be at Chelski next year, think we need to turn our attention elsewhere he's not coming back unfortunately.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I dont dislike Dyche, I just think dont he's a step up from Smith.  I think Dyche has done excellent at Burnley with their resources but doesnt mean I want him at Villa if we had of replaced Smith because I thought what is the point swapping like for like IMO

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Tammy will be at Chelski next year, think we need to turn our attention elsewhere he's not coming back unfortunately.

Do you have inside knowledge of that?

I'm not disagreeing with you but if there is a chance we should jump at it.  People were telling me we werent going to survive, we were down and out and no chance of staying up but I thought we could.  Until there is evidence to the contrary saying there is no way Tammy is coming to us then I think we should everything we can to get him.  We know he loves the club, we know he gets on with many of the players at the club and if there is a crack at Chelsea, which there seems to be then let's wedge it open.  Make an offer that Chelsea sits up and thinks about it, offer Tammy a good wage and sell him the dream......you never know!!!  It's either that or being timid and risking on somebody we have no idea if they'll fit, work out and score the goals we need.  Pay more for less risk.

Other teams fight for players they want, they play dirty tricks to get those players, they do behind the scenes discussions and also use the press.  We dont.....yes that's integrity but also we lose out.....stuff that! let's get the players we want, not the third or fourth choice that seems to be our normal way

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Speaking for myself obviously, I think dyche has done an amazing job. But I don't think he fits the owners vision, style of play wanted, would he work with a DOF?

I think all those things would go into why he's knocked down on here, in my opinion. Plus, Smith achieved what he couldn't and got a team up and kept them up at first time of asking.

Not saying he's a fit for us just so many knock him when he really is a decent manager, agree he's probably not what our owners want.

But totally disagree about Smith whilst he has kept us up and I fully support him because of that and he deserves to stay on next year, I will be amazed if DS is our manager 3 years from now. 

3 hours ago, kidlewis said:

Very useful table if accurate. Although not using this years wage bill.

Is that not our premier league wage bill? Does seem a bit odd that we have the third lowest wage bill in the premier league - yet didn't fancy paying Jarrod Bowen's wages demands. If that is our current wage bill we must surely have capacity to bring in 2 or 3 big earners and to give jack a big increase.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

Not saying he's a fit for us just so many knock him when he really is a decent manager, agree he's probably not what our owners want.

But totally disagree about Smith whilst he has kept us up and I fully support him because of that and he deserves to stay on next year, I will be amazed if DS is our manager 3 years from now. 

but that's an easy bet for you, it's likely at least 15 of the 20 managers in the PL will not be the manager of those teams in 3 years.  It's the modern age of football when managers move job often.

I assume if somebody looked, the managers of the teams today, a lot wouldnt be the manager 3 years ago (our Dean is an example of that)

Can’t be right, everyone knows Liverpool won the league without spending  a penny

5 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I don't get what there is to disagree with? I stated a fact. Nothing more. Disagreeing that Smith kept us up at the first time of asking and dyche didn't? 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Can’t be right, everyone knows Liverpool won the league without spending  a penny

Hahah just found this, dont know how accurate it is.  I assume the difference to the 310m is non-playing staff including Klopp and co

LFC salary.JPG

Edited by nick76

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hahah just found this, dont know how accurate it is

LFC salary.JPG

Clyne and Lovren taking up close to £200k per week makes the dross we've had in our bomb squads over the last decade look like bargain reserve players

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Clyne and Lovren taking up close to £200k per week makes the dross we've had in our bomb squads over the last decade look like bargain reserve players

Dont say that, Lovren was Salah's best mate and he's gutted his best mate has now left 🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Do you have inside knowledge of that?

I'm not disagreeing with you but if there is a chance we should jump at it.  People were telling me we werent going to survive, we were down and out and no chance of staying up but I thought we could.  Until there is evidence to the contrary saying there is no way Tammy is coming to us then I think we should everything we can to get him.  We know he loves the club, we know he gets on with many of the players at the club and if there is a crack at Chelsea, which there seems to be then let's wedge it open.  Make an offer that Chelsea sits up and thinks about it, offer Tammy a good wage and sell him the dream......you never know!!!  It's either that or being timid and risking on somebody we have no idea if they'll fit, work out and score the goals we need.  Pay more for less risk.

Other teams fight for players they want, they play dirty tricks to get those players, they do behind the scenes discussions and also use the press.  We dont.....yes that's integrity but also we lose out.....stuff that! let's get the players we want, not the third or fourth choice that seems to be our normal way

Tammy will never leave greater London, Crystal Palace have more chance of getting Tammy than us.........

I'm confident we'll secure some top players absolutely certain!