Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Karol Linetty from Sampdoria could be a great back up/ competition for McGinn. Previously linked to Spurs under Pochettino. 

Not a bad comparison at all. McGinn more dangerous going forward, but Linetty is a bit better disrupting play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I wouldn't want Stones in our team because his lack of defensive ability. At Man City he has to face the ball maybe around 30% of the time. At Villa it's going to be around 30-40% possession for us. He's so error prone at City when they dominate the ball at Villa it's going to be increased as we won't have the ball as much.

All our CB's are better than Stones at defending. Their distribution is improving too.

You see i completely disagree based on the very point you mention.

a lot of defenders can’t handle the constant concentration etc of a team that always has the ball.

when they go to sides that defend all the time like ours they flourish.

9 hours ago, AshVilla said:

We need Baptiste Santamaria.

He has no significant weaknesses apparently.

He's very similar to Pierre Emile-Hojbjerg in style of play, though PEH has been more effective going forward than Baptiste has shown thus far. 

No offense to anyone but I'm looking forward this window's: players who  actually are out of out league but who people don't think are good enough and say we should rather play an unproven kid, and players who we should get rid of who are actually players who we have no chance of getting rid of. 

2 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I think i have broken my F5 key the last few days refreshing the forums for any signing news.

3 players i would love to see at villa..all 3 probably wont happen..but it would be a serious sign of our intent if we could get them.

1.rashica

2.tonali

3.Abraham

would cost over 100m for those 3..but they would transform us into at least a top 10 side and fast

If we signed Sandro Tonali my heart would explode with happiness. Unfortunately I don't see any scenario in which he leaves Italy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

If we signed Sandro Tonali my heart would explode with happiness. Unfortunately I don't see any scenario in which he leaves Italy.

so thats another bag of my chips, pissed on.😀

23 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

He's very similar to Pierre Emile-Hojbjerg in style of play, though PEH has been more effective going forward than Baptiste has shown thus far. 

southampton, seem to have a good scouting system.....they pick up some decent players for reasonable fee's

The South coast clubs ,must have good binoculars.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Not sure if its been mentioned on here but there is a strong rumour that we are closing on Karlan Grant (22y.o. Huddersfield Town Striker) for circa £10m. Talented boy, good competition, hope there is a bigger name in mind too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

southampton, seem to have a good scouting system.....they pick up some decent players for reasonable fee's

The South coast clubs ,must have good binoculars.

Bournemouths were just pointing the wrong way!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jeezy peezy. People are impatient for signings already.  We only knew we would be in the PL 5 days ago. 

Half our targets will have been immediately dropped and the other half were probably only partially in contact.  You can't just take someone from luke warm to signed on the line in a couple of days.

I'm worried with the window open to October a lot of players might not make their mind up till well after the new season starts. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Jeezy peezy. People are impatient for signings already.  We only knew we would be in the PL 5 days ago. 

Half our targets will have been immediately dropped and the other half were probably only partially in contact.  You can't just take someone from luke warm to signed on the line in a couple of days.

I'm worried with the window open to October a lot of players might not make their mind up till well after the new season starts. 

I don't care about the time it takes.....its just getting players in who can make a difference.

patience is a virtue.

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

grant would be a decent signing and would be a replacement for davis..we just need a replacement for samatta and a marquee signing striker to round it all off

His goal to games ratio is ok, a goal every 2.4 games at Huddersfield......but these sort of players, who can be gems, need scouting and appriasing correctly.....£10 mill is still a lot of money for a dud.

There character too is important.

Edited by TRO

Don't think we will be signing a player like Grant unless one of Samatta or Wesley are leaving, as we won't be signing him as first choice to solve our goals scoring issue at premier league level.

49 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Plz just SIGN someone!!! im going mental!!

giphy-downsized.gif

Me too I keep checking as I feel our business should be so easy to do.

There are so many people to pick up from our own leagues which just make sense.

Aarons, Stones, Sarr, Buendia, Eze, Ianacho, Benrahma and so on