Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Between the deadline and this Jota stuff I've got a stupid question. Our squad as it stands... which players will be dropped from the 25 man squad? 

2 of our 76 goalkeepers you would hope

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Fair enough mate, will agree to disagree. Personally, I don’t think Lansbury is a valuable member of the squad nor can he make a telling contribution. I would also place Kalinic, Nyland & Taylor in that bracket. Probably Hause too. We need better, in other words.

I try to only judge the players on ability and form, not attack them or question their character unless there is an obvious issue. Ultimately, if we want to progress and become a more successful and competitive club/team then we need the right level of quality and cannot afford to carry any passengers no matter how likeable/personable they seem to be.

Sometimes we can be overly sentimental with certain players and overlook or forgive their lack of talent or contribution. I don’t think Davis is half as good as some do for example.

Glad we got rid of Hogan most of all tbh.

I dont disagree, we need better, we just cant do that overnight so ultimately have to fill a squad with lesser players. Lansbury is one for me that can offer something if called on and seems a good fit for the squad.

31 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Between the deadline and this Jota stuff I've got a stupid question. Our squad as it stands... which players will be dropped from the 25 man squad? 

Wesley and Kalinic I assume. Also wouldn't be surprised to see either Lansbury or Nyland have their contracts terminated as they both have just one year left on their contracts too.