Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, rayk said:

Absolutely, the more goals he scores the more likely he’ll permanently be off our books once the loan is up.

Is it not a loan to buy for about 6m? In other words they have already agreed to buy him but have knocked the paying for him down the line by 12 months.

7 minutes ago, picicata said:

Is it not a loan to buy for about 6m? In other words they have already agreed to buy him but have knocked the paying for him down the line by 12 months.

That was my understanding 

7 minutes ago, picicata said:

Something like that. Weird it isn’t just a transfer with the amount deferred (like most transfers are in reality) but I guess some accounting and maths has happened for reasons and suchlike

12 minutes ago, picicata said:

I don’t know, but if so then yes.....although they will be paying us a loan fee for this season in addition to the £6m.

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Dean Smith press conf whe asked about transfers seemed like "we are basically done" to my ear. Second question in the conf.

That was from before the Jota release today, where he states if anyone goes we may bring someone in, so I think you’re wide of the mark saying we are done. 

To release Jota we must have something in the pipeline. Surely. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

That was from before the Jota release today, where he states if anyone goes we may bring someone in, so I think you’re wide of the mark saying we are done. 

To release Jota we must have something in the pipeline. Surely. 

Gut feeling is two more coming in. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I'll put my neck on the line (somewhat) and say he'll either be at Bayern, Leipzig, Leverkusen or us at the end of the window.

In addition to this, Nagelsmann has said after tonight's match that RBL want another wide attacker if they can find a deal where the price is right. Hopefully they can't afford him still like before.

Me no think Jota going bye-bye will have any bearing on whether we bring anyone else in or not, he probably wouldn't have even made the squad if he'd have stayed and it's not as if him leaving suddenly leaves us short of wingers, we've still got Grealish, El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Traore to play there and Watkins who's also played whole seasons as a winger.

Was kind of expecting another forward regardless, not so sure now, but that won't stop me keep checking on deadline day and I'm sure if that passes without someone coming in we will be linked to championship players until that window closes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Me no think Jota going bye-bye will have any bearing on whether we bring anyone else in or not, he probably wouldn't have even made the squad if he'd have stayed and it's not as if him leaving suddenly leaves us short of wingers, we've still got Grealish, El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Traore to play there and Watkins who's also played whole seasons as a winger.

Was kind of expecting another forward regardless, not so sure now, but that won't stop me keep checking on deadline day and I'm sure if that passes without someone coming in we will be linked to championship players until that window closes.

Stop rainig on the rashica parade!

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd be very shocked if we didn't bring in another attacking player after letting both Samatta and Jota go.

If it's not Rashica on Monday then I'd guess it will be King some time next week.

I think it would be reckless if we don't and might possibly taint a promising window. Games are going to come thick and fast this year and we will need options. More than what we have. I've got my fingers crossed we can bring in one more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

I'm not saying we won't sign anyone else, but I wouldn't look anything into releasing Jota, he wasn't going to be in the squad, was getting nowhere near the pitch. I think we can't to an agreement that was a compromise, fair on the player allowing him to seek games elsewhere.

By letting him go, we haven't lost anything from the 25 man squad so may not impact the transfer strategy at all

He wasn't getting near the squad if everyone was available but if we have a few injuries and/or suspensions at the same time (which is entirely possible this year with covid) then he'd at least been an option to bring in. We now have one less option than we did yesterday.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

In addition to this, Nagelsmann has said after tonight's match that RBL want another wide attacker if they can find a deal where the price is right. Hopefully they can't afford him still like before.

If anything it’ll be WB lowering their fee once they realise RBL is the only buyer in for him.