Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Apparently Rashica's on just over 30,000GBP at Bremen.

Could easily see him and the club not agreeing on his worth.

As I've said, his next contract is huge for him in terms of securing his football and financial future.

Some random twitter post said he was reportedly demanding £75k/wk. if we’re going to believe all this it doesn’t sound to unreasonable to believe they couldn’t bridge the gap between what he’s currently playing on and what he wants.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's some spin put in that..

I believe the Tweet these clowns are misquoting is this one:

Southampton and Leeds United are in race to sign Milot Rashica. His move to Aston Villa is definitely off. If english clubs won't be able to agree personal terms with Rashica, he could easily stay at Werder Bremen until January.

Arlind Sadiku

This guy is going round the houses, first he confirms that Milot is moving to Villa in a week,  Then tells us Sky Sports have told him we have no money, and now he's telling us it's all off and he won't be moving to England if he can't agree personal terms!?

I don't see how a player would be willing to stay at a club that he has removed all affiliation for from all of his social media platforms.

I don't think Arlind has a bloody clue what's going on either!

Is it "soon" yet?

This is going to sound like a huge moan, and I really should check myself before I wreck myself, but if the owners want European football, then we can’t afford to leave ourselves short like we did at the end of the last transfer window. 

If you look at where we were as a club before they came in and where we are now, they really have done a magnificent job and I love them both. I’m just getting slightly frustrated that it is so, so clear to see that we need another forward/winger type going into the season. Everybody was saying the same at the end of the last window and we’re just repeating that same mistake. 

I dunno, I just get this niggling feeling that we’re doing so many good things as a club but we’re missing that final piece of the jigsaw again in this transfer window.

The one position I wanted to sign some real quality was on the right wing and I get a really bad feeling we’ve made a mistake in signing Traore. If he doesn’t perform, we’re left with Trez/El Ghazi again. I don’t think I can watch 36 more games with either of those playing. 

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Some random twitter post said he was reportedly demanding £75k/wk. if we’re going to believe all this it doesn’t sound to unreasonable to believe they couldn’t bridge the gap between what he’s currently playing on and what he wants.

Yeah. I think between agreeing a fee and personal terms with this player, I bet the issue would be the latter. I'd be inclined to think players like this pushing for a CL move, will want a little extra to move to a club outside the CL. Then it's also a thing where foreigners will get greedy as they see the PL as the pot of gold. I'm a little bit surprised though cause we've looked like a club that's been adressing the wage structure this window. So if we really wanted him you'd expect wages to be of little concern. 

But who knows. Up until Bremen confirmed our bid I thought it was all bollocks anyway. 

I just hope we don't regret going balls deep on Traore. We really needed more pace. I for one hope we're not done, even if I suspect we are. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

So some random person on Twitter says that Rashica wants £75k a week and that somehow becomes a ‘fact’ which Sadiku can conveniently use as a reason for the ‘deal’ falling through.

There was no deal, never has been.....all that we can take as a ‘fact’ is that we enquired about the player.....but he will have been one of many many players we have enquired about.

Also, we don’t know for sure when that enquiry was.....maybe it was back in January, not now. That I can believe.

Edited by rayk

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

But who knows. Up until Bremen confirmed our bid I thought it was all bollocks anyway. 

Did they confirm ‘our bid’ or did they just confirm we’d enquired about him which a million miles away from actually making a formal bid.

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is going to sound like a huge moan, and I really should check myself before I wreck myself, but if the owners want European football, then we can’t afford to leave ourselves short like we did at the end of the last transfer window. 

If you look at where we were as a club before they came in and where we are now, they really have done a magnificent job and I love them both. I’m just getting slightly frustrated that it is so, so clear to see that we need another forward/winger type going into the season. Everybody was saying the same at the end of the last window and we’re just repeating that same mistake. 

I dunno, I just get this niggling feeling that we’re doing so many good things as a club but we’re missing that final piece of the jigsaw again in this transfer window.

The one position I wanted to sign some real quality was on the right wing and I get a really bad feeling we’ve made a mistake in signing Traore. If he doesn’t perform, we’re left with Trez/El Ghazi again. I don’t think I can watch 36 more games with either of those playing. 

Insert AliG gif. 

Mad props pulling Ice Cube in there

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Not very clever if he ends up pricing himself out of a move. Circa 60k is clearly a massive improvement on his current wage and he could always have some incrimental increase added to his new contract or a larger signing on fee. 

• Like 1

Rashica is the new messiah.

Let Timo Werner's start to life in the Premier League be a warning, even if we signed Milot for whatever he and Werder are asking for, he might be a lot farther off the required level than we/some people think.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Rashica is the new messiah.

Let Timo Werner's start to life as a Premier League be a warning, even if we signed Milot for whatever he and Werder are asking for, he might be a lot farther off the required level than we/some people think.

Werner is easily good enough for this level but he's in a team and has a manger who are not playing to his strengths. Rashica is also good enough for this level. The Bundesliga is a higher level in many ways.

• Like 2