Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I do have to say that I've seen several reviews of "who won" the transfer window and we were mentioned a fair bit (ESPN FC guys, and NBC sports over here)

Watching the sky sports deadline day with the 2 redknapps (ugh) and they were asked this question. Jamie said Everton and was talking about them and the signings they've made when Harry shouted over him 'villa'. I usually think he talks aloaf of old bollocks but I though he spoke really well of us and our dealings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Who are we most realistically going for from the champ, if anyone? 

Josh king, wouldn’t cost a lot, plays upfront or wide so would be good cover to have. Can’t see us getting benrahma to be honest.

so, chances of any more signings??? (i hope we get 1 or 2 more).

Options?

LB                                       - Henry, Rico, Kelly?

MC                                     - Hughes, Billing?

L/R/C AMs / Striker        - Cantwell, Sarr, Brooks, Buendia, Benrahma, King, Grant?

i think the really positive thing now, if we can afford to buy another player ot two, is we dont have another game until after the window shuts, and with the unbelievable start we have made to the season, im sure some players who might have raised an eyebrow at us before the season started, would like the idea of coming here now seeing how we are doing, and some of the players we now have.....

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

Rico Henry is a blue nose. No thank you. 

with respect, i hate that mentality. if harry kane was a bluenose would you say no to him if he were offered to us?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I dont think any left back from the championship is any better than targett. Therefore, if they eont challenge for a 1st team place, whats the point.

Buendia is the only one to consider for forward line when factoring wages and price tag.

But are they better than Taylor and will they be better than Targett in 2-3 years. 

Just now, mrchnry said:

Harry Kane wouldn't be a back up. I agree with you but I like the way the club is being run and I like the romanticism of the manager and the captain being fans so i'd happily not take him. 

i havent seen much of rico henry play so jury's out there, but i'm still not 100% sold on targett, so no reason he couldn't challenge

i think clubs players supported as kids probably goes out the window once they turn pro. jack and deano play down being villa fans every chance they get. i dont think having someone who followed blues growing up in the club is a big deal. but that's me.

I bet Rico Henry watched that Liverpool match and saw what Watkins did and thought, ‘I want a piece of that’. 

Only thing with him is his size. He’s not the biggest so could struggle at this level physically?

He’d also cost 15-20m so if the club want to sign him, for that money, he’s need to be seriously considered as a starter.

I think Buendia will be available for circa 20m too. 

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I bet Rico Henry watched that Liverpool match and saw what Watkins did and thought, ‘I want a piece of that’. 

Only thing with him is his size. He’s not the biggest so could struggle at this level physically?

He’d also cost 15-20m so if the club want to sign him, for that money, he’s need to be seriously considered as a starter.

I think Buendia will be available for circa 20m too. 

i like Henry, but i do kind of think i would like a LB who is a good 6ft, we arent the biggest team and free kicks/corners etc, both defensively and offensively are so important, height isnt the be all end all, but i kinda would like a carbon copy of Cash at LB, 6ft, fairly strong, ok defensively, great going forward, fast......

i dunno, not sure there are any good and physically imposing left backs in the lower leagues who are any good?

Wouldnt say no to Henry, but i wouldnt say no to a OAP with a stick to replace Taylor, so the bar isnt high......

Henry also has a shocking injury history, 600 days + absence over 2 serious injuries, thats a lot for a 23 year old (1.5 years total absence), also isnt he injured currently?

Is Lloyd Kelly and good??

Edited by MaVilla