Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Callum Wilson? £20m, Josh King? £20m, Rhian Brewster? £20m, Harry Wilson? £20m, Emiliano Martinez? £20m, every single Brentford player? £20m...

How is it that every single player no matter age, position, squad stature, experience or anything else is expected to fetch £20m :D 

Eze to Palace?  £20m
Wilson to Newcastle?  £20m
Torres to Man City?  £20m

In fact...
Ramsdale to Sheff Utd?  £20m  (-£1.5m)
Castagne to Leicester?  £20m  (+£1.5m)
Rodriguez to Everton?  £20m  (+£2m)

It's just the done thing during Covid-19 times.  Up the disease by one numerically and make a bid of that amount 😎

• Haha 1

We are looking increasingly desperate.. they want £20M for Josh King i am praying we do not pay that amount .. we may aswell get Divock Origi if we are going to pay £20M and just bloody get Benrahma if hes price tag is £25M what are we waiting for .. we seem to be running out of options now we need to just go get these guys as we are running out of time and please do not pay that amount for  Harry Wilson either hes not worth it. Its pretty clear we are now going through our list of 3rd choice signings which scares the life out of me and now every link is frightening me by the day.

I said before DS is not the right guy to attract a certain calibre of players and our current position doesn't help .. i like DS before you jump on my back but this is football and thats partially the truth. 

THE BELOW POSITIONS ARE MANDATORY 

CRITICAL 

LW - 

RW

CF 

GK 

26 minutes ago, string28 said:

Didn't realise wesley is still in Brazil? Looks like he be out a while so maybe we should put that bid in for king? 

Not sure about King - but thats why we are after 2 strikers IMO.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

stats aren't everything as others have said. with respect, i prefer to rely on the opinions of those that watch him week in week out, and all my AFCB mates plus my office that's full of AFCB fans don't have a bad word to say about him. they rate him twice as high as they do wilson. i can't claim to have seen loads of him myself, but have liked what i've seen whenever i saw him.

when buying a player the reactions of supporters of the selling club is a big tell as to what the player is like. NFFC fans were gutted to see Cash go for example. AFCB fans are pissing themselves at the money they got for wilson.

Goal and assist stats per game as wide player he's not an upgrade on what we've got. It's depressing to me that people think this is a good signing. 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Eze to Palace?  £20m
Wilson to Newcastle?  £20m
Torres to Man City?  £20m

In fact...
Ramsdale to Sheff Utd?  £20m  (-£1.5m)
Castagne to Leicester?  £20m  (+£1.5m)
Rodriguez to Everton?  £20m  (+£2m)

It's just the done thing during Covid-19 times.  Up the disease by one numerically and make a bid of that amount 😎

It's almost uncanny, I smell a deep state conspiracy :D 

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We are looking increasingly desperate.. they want £20M for Josh King i am praying we do not pay that amount .. we may aswell get Divock Origi if we are going to pay £20M and just bloody get Benrahma if hes price tag is £25M what are we waiting for .. we seem to be running out of options now we need to just go get these guys as we are running out of time and please do not pay that amount for  Harry Wilson either hes not worth it. Its pretty clear we are now going through our list of 3rd choice signings which scares the life out of me and now every link is frightening me by the day.

I said before DS is not the right guy to attract a certain calibre of players and our current position doesn't help .. i like DS before you jump on my back but this is football and thats partially the truth. 

THE BELOW POSITIONS ARE MANDATORY 

CRITICAL 

LW - 

RW

CF 

GK 

You wouldn't get Origi for £20m and he wouldn't join us in a month of Sunday's.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

What would we make of this team, if these signings came through:

King - - - - - - Watkins - - - - Benrahma

- - - - - - McGinn - - - - Grealish - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Luiz - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Targett - - - Mings - Konsa - - - Cash

- - - - - - - - - - - Martinez - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I think that’s a pretty decent team, with quality and potential to improve further all the way through.

I can’t see Smith deviating from his favoured 4-3-3, I can also see Grealish pushing to be used back in centre-mid, to help his England chances - and let’s face it, we’ll give Grealish what he wants if it means there’s more chance of him staying.

I feel that Watkins and Benrahma will definitely move, it’s just a matter of when and where, as Brentford might just be hanging on for the best possible offers they can get.

Replace Watkins with Odsonne Édouard and then we are talking, also wouldn't mind a decent McGinn cover, someone with an engine

so apparently we cant afford to pay "premier league" wages..

I have heard it all now..the amount of bullshittery from the gutter press and social media is staggering

Lets just see what happens...strange window goes along with strange times

The last day or two of the window might see things Moving at a pace

One thing i can see is that we are only one or two injuries away from a disaster of a season if we don't strengthen before window closes.

• Like 1

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

I have heard it all now..the amount of bullshittery from the gutter press and social media is staggering

One thing i can see is that we are only one or two injuries away from a disaster of a season if we don't strengthen before window closes.

Heartstone GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Goal and assist stats per game as wide player he's not an upgrade on what we've got. It's depressing to me that people think this is a good signing. 

But he isn't a wide player though and if we signed him he would be playing as a CF where he would have much higher stats. 

5 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

That covers a multitude of things though

1.We can't afford to because of FFP

2.The owners who underwrite us for millions each month - aren't keen to add to the debt

3.DS doesn't think certain players are worth £70k PW 

Pervis Estupinan at Watford could be a really good option to give as much competition at LB as there now is a RB and would mean Taylor has less chance of making it onto the pitch. Assumed he'd get a big move but the transfer talk on him has all gone quiet 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, skarroki said:

Pervis Estupinan at Watford could be a really good option to give as much competition at LB as there now is a RB and would mean Taylor has less chance of making it onto the pitch. Assumed he'd get a big move but the transfer talk on him has all gone quiet 

No reason giving mean nick names just because he plays for Watford. 

• Like 2

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

So true, defence worries me after the first team, also someone like Benrahma would have been good to take off pressure from Grealish having to create all the time