Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Seems like because Percy says something that people don't want to happen, it's suddenly not reliable, or being questioned. He could well be wrong about King, but that wouldn't be usual for him. I wouldn't mind at all if we were to sign King, he's immediately be our best striker, and our second best winger behind Grealish, £16m for him would be a bargain, almost too good to be true.

Yeh, I probably agree with this. 16m on a 3 year deal would be decent value and he challenges a lot of positions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, I probably agree with this. 16m on a 3 year deal would be decent value and he challenges a lot of positions.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Seems like because Percy says something that people don't want to happen, it's suddenly not reliable, or being questioned. He could well be wrong about King, but that wouldn't be usual for him. I wouldn't mind at all if we were to sign King, he's immediately be our best striker, and our second best winger behind Grealish, £16m for him would be a bargain, almost too good to be true.

Agree with both of you here. He's better than Callum Wilson.

I'd be up for King joining us, still think we should sign two strikers, a RW, midfielder.

King can play attacking midfield as well, wondering if that's a reason why hes wanted because he can always drop back abit. King knows the striker and midfield game and I think that's what we need. Look at our Strikers, none have had a clue what to do apart from Wesley when the ball is at there feet in midfield, they look clueless and when they are up field on there own get relieved very quickly, we need someone that can be a lone striker and be effective at it and King could certainly be that guy.

Could always Sign King as well play him in attacking midfield while buying Edouard, all we would need then is a right winger.

26 minutes ago, useless said:

He's absolutely junk. I don't regularly win FPL cash leagues for nothing. Always priced cheap in FPL for years for a reason and would be even cheaper if not handed penalties to bump up his stats

Honestly love these pundit comments on King on here from people who've probably never looked at his stats and only seen a couple of MotD highlights against us

Edited by Kiwivillan

29 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yep I see that. Gregory in The Athletic says we have bid closer to Arsenal's 20 mill asking price although he also says Arsenal will not let him go unless they can sign a desired replacement. I wonder if they fancy Nyland or Kalinc?

Close to 20 million for a 28 year old who's never played more than half a season of football? The sport has gone mad.

What would we make of this team, if these signings came through:

King - - - - - - Watkins - - - - Benrahma

- - - - - - McGinn - - - - Grealish - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Luiz - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Targett - - - Mings - Konsa - - - Cash

- - - - - - - - - - - Martinez - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I think that’s a pretty decent team, with quality and potential to improve further all the way through.

I can’t see Smith deviating from his favoured 4-3-3, I can also see Grealish pushing to be used back in centre-mid, to help his England chances - and let’s face it, we’ll give Grealish what he wants if it means there’s more chance of him staying.

I feel that Watkins and Benrahma will definitely move, it’s just a matter of when and where, as Brentford might just be hanging on for the best possible offers they can get.

• Like 1

Given the almost instant press leaks during the Wilson saga it strikes me Bournemouth are using every trick in the book to get the most cash they can for the players they have earmarked to sell - nothing wrong with that, it's football, but it does highlight their desperation somewhat - and given how many they are selling, they must be in terrible financial shape. 

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's absolutely junk. I don't regularly win FPL cash leagues for nothing. Always priced cheap in FPL for years for a reason and would be even cheaper if not handed penalties to bump up his stats

Honestly love these pundit comments on King on here from people who've probably never looked at his stats and only seen a couple of MotD highlights against us

How many fantasy points do you get fot pressing for example? Stats dont tell all 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How many fantasy points do you get fot pressing for example? Stats dont tell all 

That's fair if it was relevant. Are you saying he's a great proponent? Never struck me as such. Honestly rather give Samatta a chance. 2 goals in friendlies. He wasn't in the right headspace Project Restart IMO. Willing to give him time. The wrist slashing comments about him on AVFC FB official are embarrassing

Edited by Kiwivillan

I've looked at King's stats and they're very decent, last season for example he directly contributed, either via scoring himself or assisting others to ten goals in 2020 minutes of premier league football, in terms of minutes on pitch that's just over 22 games worth. And people might talk about his penalties but how many of those will he have won himself, or have been won by others players in build-up play that he was instrumental in, the reason that Bournemouth get penalties in the first place, will be in part be because of King, having someone as good as him in our team will increase our chances of getting them.

Edited by useless