Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

47 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not against signing Wilson tbh. Just not what I was expecting us to do really. I wanted us to sign better than Wesley and I'm not sure Wilson is that. Though, we definitely need a striker better than Davis and Samatta and Wilson is definitely that so. Won't complain. 

Mate 😂 Wesley cant even tie Wilsons boots BELIEVE me. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Breaking news apparently fee of 8 million agreed for Romero. I still prefer Heaton all day long maybe his injury is more serious :(

I fear the same

we can’t afford to mess about I guess really. Heston will take 10+ games before he’s match fit. We could be in trouble by then with Nyland left in goal.

7 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Breaking news apparently fee of 8 million agreed for Romero. I still prefer Heaton all day long maybe his injury is more serious :(

where is this breaking? I can't find anything on it.

3 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Where did you see that mate?

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Just to see in there that this article says it took four attempts to agree a fee, no wonder deals are taking so damn long if true.

Awkward clubs.

Sounds like we upped the bid by 1 every time until we hit the magic number. Like putting an offer in for a house when the vendor wants the asking price and you go in 5k under.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sne said:

So that's about £80m worth of strikers then if we sign both Wilson & Watkins, in a system that uses 1. None of them even close to prolific and leaving us still needing a CM & RW along with RB, GK and maybe LB and CB and possibly yet another wide player.

And all this along with the player we already have must be fitted into a 25 man squad. Will be interesting.

Welcome to the premier league. A world where West Ham sign Haller, Ajeti and Javier Hernandez for 60m in summer 2019 and they've already got rid of two of them. Or Everton signing Cenk Tosun for 25m and he gets loaned out to Palace 18 months later. That's just the mid table teams.

We certainly need better depth to our squad if anything to stop people crying about the 5 sub rule that may be kept for this season.

I like the Wilson move in theory but signing a 28 y/o player with 2 ACL injuries and another knee injury last year makes me nervous. I hope the medical is thorough!

Was it Micah Richards where we signed him but couldn’t get insurance cover for his knee issues so he he sat around for the duration of his contract not playing instead of being cut loose?

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Why get someone like Lange and McKenzie involved in your recruitment to buy 3 players Steve Bruce would have targeted? I don't get it tbh. 

I’m guessing because we have allowed smith more input than previously afforded ? It is rather uninspiring but then last summer was so exciting and look how the season planned out ...