Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Our current fit strikers scored 1 goal between then in nearly half a season  

Wilson could get double figures in this villa team. 

I think people need to get it into their heads that we aren't jumping to top 6 next year. We need to move up a few places and be safe earlier. That's it. 

The signings being made will help us achieve that imo.

Very well said.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Besides Rashica.

We kNow about our interest in him from leaks over there, he could be one of 20 players abroad that we’ve been looking at, I don’t think you can Draws any conclusions based upon the names we know about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

To appease Bournemouth fans? :lol:

They can be a rowdy bunch!

True story I was once on a train with a bunch of Bournemouth fans who were all chipper after pasting West Ham that day. 

There was a group of pensioner "hard nuts" amongst them. Really made me laugh because of the Bournemouth stereotype etc. But there were being proper loutish knob-ends and they must have been past 80. Was a weird sight. 

• Like 1

Credit to the management, we nearly bombed out of the league for having no decent keeper and no decent striker after two awful injuries - if reports are true, looks like they are plugging those holes first, sort of exactly what was needed. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

7 league games since 2015. Played much more in the cups but was dropped for both SFs this summer so OGS dosen't fancy him when a trophy is on the line.

Would prefer Martinez tbh if there's still a chance.

Yeah would’ve much preferred Martinez, if he was gettable, as a good long term option.

At least Romero would be an upgrade on Nyland, Steer & Kalinic.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Our current fit strikers scored 1 goal between then in nearly half a season  

Wilson could get double figures in this villa team. 

I think people need to get it into their heads that we aren't jumping to top 6 next year. We need to move up a few places and be safe earlier. That's it. 

The signings being made will help us achieve that imo.

I think these people simply disagree with you they don't think the signings are enough to jump to 11th-7th

I think the fact that our xG was almost identical to Bournemouth last season lends credence to the idea that our strikers were just poor and there's were better/more clinical. With the chances we create, theoretically Wilson should score more than he did for Bournemouth.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

A poor Bournemouth Side created as many chances as Villa last season and he didn’t get double figures.  Why would it be different with this villa Team?

Chances aren't equal. A chance just means someone did something to play someone else in on goal. It doesn't describe what the defenders were doing, how easy it was to control, how far out from goal they were, what angle they were to the goal, how good the goalkeeper was, was it a cold rainy night in Stoke?... 

Grealish would have had like 15+ assists last season with a striker that can score goals on the pitch. The quality of chances Villa produce is of a relatively high standard and we create a lot of them. I guarantee Wilson was both starved of chances and starved of quality chances because of poor players around him. 

• Confused 1

We just seem now to be going for our 3rd choice options.  Like a kid with all his Christmas money but can’t go to the shop he wants but determined to spend the money whatever shop he ends up in.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We just seem now to be going for our 3rd choice options.  Like a kid with all his Christmas money but can’t go to the shop he wants but determined to spend the money whatever shop he ends up in.

Interesting. Who were our 1st and 2nd choice RB targets?

• Like 1