Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Trippier on loan, even covering all his wages, would be an insanely good signing. It would fill a position we’re looking to strengthen whilst not denting our actual transfer budget much (wages aside). 

If we’re serious about spending 30-40m on 3/4 signings this summer, you couldn’t turn your nose up at this transfer. 

Can’t see it happening, mind. 

• Like 3

Riiiight so someone who has so far succeeded in Spain at a top club will suddenly move back to England for an inferior team for what must be a fee similar to what Aarons would be and for wages of what? 150-200k?

angry jim carrey GIF

Surely by this time next week we will have signed a couple of players. I am really starting to get concerned about the mental health of the average VTer. More angst and frustration than a 15 year old virgin collecting glasses at Hooters!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Trippier story is absolute BS.

I say this as Atletico are my second team, and I saw more of them last year than I did Villa. He was perhaps a surprise package given that he had arrived without much of a fanfare, and it was impressive how quickly he adapted into Simeone's system. Perhaps I'm biased as an Englishman but he was one of my favourite players last year for Atleti. Trippier is liked a lot by Simeone and he has pretty much nailed the starting right back spot ahead of Arias and Vrsaljko. 

Funnily enough I ended up on a flight with him from Madrid to wonderful Birmingham a few months back, he was off to St George's Park for some treatment to an injury he had and I asked him about interest from Villa a few years back before he joined Spurs. Let's just say it's fair to say he saw Villa as below his level before he joined Spurs (rightly so), and I don't think that's changed having moved to a top European club. He'd said he'd quite happily retire out in Spain - and I'm sure he's said on record somewhere else he would only consider playing for Burnley in the future.

Edit: https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/international-football/kieran-trippier-exclusive-burnley-only-club-id-come-back-england-2459964

You must have been that other guy I saw in a Villa shirt.

Edited by Rolta

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

He can't do it physically anymore. He has some sort of auto-immune disease which makes him put on weight easily and weakens the muscles. He just can't get fit. A great shame because he was a fantastic footballer.

Ah, bugger. Poor bloke. Cheers.

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You must have been that other guy I saw in a Villa shirt!

Haha, yeah probably. Was a weird moment when Villa on Tour turned up at a Spain game I was at, two worlds collide. Never met another Villa fan when I was living there, but I left plenty of project B6 stickers dotted around the city to spread the good word 😜

7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Edouard from that you tube compilation reminds me a lot of Kodjia!

Not sure how i feel about that!

Don't say that too loudly or the geniuses on here will state your only saying that because he has a plaster on his wrist. 

• Like 1

Trippier's done well at Atletico Madrid, would be surprised if they let him go unless he hasn't settled. If it's Telegraph it's Percy isn't it.....

Would certainly be a means business signing so can see where SGC is coming from. Again this age thing is weird, club have really done well in seemingly brainwashing half the fanbase that anyone over the age of 25 is rubbish and shouldn't be signed.

Believe it or not but there are loads of poor footballers aged under 25 and we signed a few last summer. We signed Scott Hogan when he was 24 and will hardly get anything back for him so no guarenteed you'll get money back for under 25 players, same for the over aged ones.

Just look at Sevilla the other day. Banega (32 years old) and Fernando (33 years old) running their midfield.

Edited by VillaChris

17 minutes ago, Nigel said:

He seems much better than that to me. I suppose you can’t be sure until he plays in the PL

Edited by alreadyexists

18 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Mobility between the 2 are night and day. Edouard is far more mobile and explosive.