Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Given our struggles scoring goals last season I would be surprised if we pin our hopes on Watkins alone making the difference in attack. Even when we sign a winger, I just don't see how Samatta or Davis would be able to contribute much next season so we would be relying on Watkins and Wesley, when he's fully fit again, to get the goals.

If the Edouard links are true, it might be worth offering Samatta as part of the deal. I'm sure Celtic would take him, and he'd do pretty well in the SPL.

Although Samatta hasn’t exactly lit up the Premier League,  I feel like he still has a role to play here.

Wesley probably won’t be fit for a few months and Davis will either go out on loan or come in and struggle to hit a barn door, as usual. Even if we bring in 2 strikers, all it takes is one injury and we’ll be down to the bare bones again.

Also, I think if we send Samatta as part of a deal, he’ll probably only be valued at 4-5m, so it seems a waste to bring in a player for 10-15 games (I think?) and then lose £5m on him.

• Like 2

We might bring in more than one striker, but doubt we'll be signing two that will cost £50m plus between them as would be the case with Watkins and Édouard, that would be a big chunk of our budget on one position when we already have three strikers at the club fighting for that one position and we only play with one striker as it is.

More than likely we'd go for one of Watkins or Édouard, or someone else, and then if we wanted an additional striker it would be someone cheaper with potential to develop, someone like Maja could be an interesting option if we could get him for around £12m.

I think if we're going for one it would be more sensible to pay a bit more and get Eduoard over Watkins myself. Both risks in that they're playing in a lower standard of league but Edouard has delivered in Europe and the French youth teams and I have a hunch he'd make the step up. No doubt both would be considered risks though. There's also the likes of Wilson, King, Batshuayi who you think would be on our radar too, but none of them coming off the back of a good season.

Whichever striker we get we must add quality around them because they'll need service whoever they are. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

45 minutes ago, ChinlessWonder said:

The vermin press really are going around in circles this time aren’t they, not got the slightest **** clue and making themselves look utterly ridiculous with their click bait bullshit which seems to be half a dozen ‘stories’ on their seventh or eighth lap.

Its scary that people are paid a wage for this shit.

Especially when VT writes the majority of the news for them...

Roasters.

12 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Yeah I think it’s fairer now but I miss the days when you could just suddenly sign someone on a random Thursday and wonder if they would make the team that weekend!

it seemed to work better for us in those days.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

The thing with Norwich that baffles me is that Aarons, Godfrey and Lewis are very highly rated, yet they formed one of the worst the worst defences in the league last year. 

Why was that? Genuine question. I didn’t watch much of them, only what I saw at Villa park (where Aarons was superb). 

I think full backs that attack as opposed to defend well, attract a certain type of spectator.....That is not a criticsm, just an observation.

I like to see a full back able to defend as a first and attack as a second.....some see it the other way around.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, useless said:

We might bring in more than one striker, but doubt we'll be signing two that will cost £50m plus between them as would be the case with Watkins and Édouard, that would be a big chunk of our budget on one position when we already have three strikers at the club fighting for that one position and we only play with one striker as it is.

More than likely we'd go for one of Watkins or Édouard, or someone else, and then if we wanted an additional striker it would be someone cheaper with potential to develop, someone like Maja could be an interesting option if we could get him for around £12m.

(If the talk of four players and 100m to spend etc etc. is to be believed) Our two weakest positions this season have been ST/Winger, so I think that’s where most of our budget sits and don’t think 50m+ on those positions is out of the question. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChinlessWonder said:

The vermin press really are going around in circles this time aren’t they, not got the slightest **** clue and making themselves look utterly ridiculous with their click bait bullshit which seems to be half a dozen ‘stories’ on their seventh or eighth lap.

Its scary that people are paid a wage for this shit.

Add in the Grealish to Man U, Oh yes he is, oh no he isn't series which has been running for about 2 years and is on aproximately it's 10,000 th round. Pathetic really. 

I spend about 1 millisecond looking at those headlines and never open them as clearly nobody has a scooby whats really going on and it's pure clickbait aimed mainly at the Man Ure top wearers.

Admittedly i did used to click on several articles a few years back but it's like the "boy who cried Wolf" story now.. you just know it's 99.9% BS and now i seldom click them. Maybe if it says John Percy i might but otherwise no point at all.

10 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Get Édouard and Watkins and bin off Wesley and samatta. Sick of having project strikers that we hope rather than expect to come good. Is it too much to ask to have two strikers capable of scoring goals?

wow...Pragmatism with a vengeance.😀

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Noooooo, the press are updating us on ever step

Ollie Watkins is on villa’s list

aston villa are looking at Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are having a cuppa tea and a chat about Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are interested in Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are enquiring about Ollie Watkins 

Ollie Watkins seems to want a move a premier league club and Aston Villa are in the lead, with Sheffield United and Leeds in the running.

Aston Villa are preparing a bid for Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are submitting a bid for Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are near to submitting the bid for Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are about to bid £18m for Brentford striker Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa have placed a bid for £18m to sign Brentford striker Ollie Watkins

This is what Aston Villa’s line up would look like if they sign key signing Ollie Watkins. (purposefully puts a player in the wrong position to get comments)

Brentford have rejected Aston Villa’s £18m bid for Ollie Watkins 

Brentford have denied Ollie Watkins dream move to Aston Villa

Aston Villa are preparing an improved bid for Ollie Watkins.

Aston Villa’s improved bid for Ollie Watkins will be £20 plus add ons 

Aston Villa are about to submit their improved bid for Ollie Watkins  

Aston Villa is near to submitting their improved bid for Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa have submitted their Improved bid for Brentford star Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa and Brentford negotiate over the free for Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are a long way off from Brentford’s asking price for Ollie Watkins  

Ollie Watkins considers handing in a transfer request to force his dream move to Aston Villa 

Aston Villa and Brentford are close to a deal for England prospect Ollie Watkins 

The deal to bring future England star Ollie Watkins to Aston Villa is nearly agreed. 

Brentford have agreed a fee from Aston Villa to sign future England mega star Ollie Watkins. 

the fee for “the next Harry Kane” Ollie Watkins is believed to be £25m plus add ons 

Ollie Watkins is on his way to Bodymoor Heath for his medical with Aston Villa

Ollie Watkins has been seen at Aston Villa’s training ground, bodymoor Heath 

Ollie Watkins is having a medical prior to signing for Midlands team Aston Villa

Ollie Watkins completes his medical at Aston Villa

Aston Villa and Ollie Watkins negotiate personal terms

Aston Villa and Ollie Watkins near agreement on person terms.

Aston Villa and future Ballon D’or winner Ollie Watkins agree personal terms 

Aston Villa submit contracts to the premier league and the FA

Aston Villa signs the future footballing god Ollie Watkins from Brentford for a undisclosed fee, believed to be £30m plus add ons 

*skipping a few hundred*

Ollie Watkins scores 15 Goals on his debut Season for Aston Villa, under preforming from his touted “football god” status.

The press are the biggest bullshitters of them all.

😃

They are salesmen....they sell newsapapers or clicks.

Edited by TRO

22 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Noooooo, the press are updating us on ever step

Ollie Watkins is on villa’s list

aston villa are looking at Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are having a cuppa tea and a chat about Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are interested in Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are enquiring about Ollie Watkins 

Ollie Watkins seems to want a move a premier league club and Aston Villa are in the lead, with Sheffield United and Leeds in the running.

Aston Villa are preparing a bid for Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are submitting a bid for Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are near to submitting the bid for Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are about to bid £18m for Brentford striker Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa have placed a bid for £18m to sign Brentford striker Ollie Watkins

This is what Aston Villa’s line up would look like if they sign key signing Ollie Watkins. (purposefully puts a player in the wrong position to get comments)

Brentford have rejected Aston Villa’s £18m bid for Ollie Watkins 

Brentford have denied Ollie Watkins dream move to Aston Villa

Aston Villa are preparing an improved bid for Ollie Watkins.

Aston Villa’s improved bid for Ollie Watkins will be £20 plus add ons 

Aston Villa are about to submit their improved bid for Ollie Watkins  

Aston Villa is near to submitting their improved bid for Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa have submitted their Improved bid for Brentford star Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa and Brentford negotiate over the free for Ollie Watkins 

Aston Villa are a long way off from Brentford’s asking price for Ollie Watkins  

Ollie Watkins considers handing in a transfer request to force his dream move to Aston Villa 

Aston Villa and Brentford are close to a deal for England prospect Ollie Watkins 

The deal to bring future England star Ollie Watkins to Aston Villa is nearly agreed. 

Brentford have agreed a fee from Aston Villa to sign future England mega star Ollie Watkins. 

the fee for “the next Harry Kane” Ollie Watkins is believed to be £25m plus add ons 

Ollie Watkins is on his way to Bodymoor Heath for his medical with Aston Villa

Ollie Watkins has been seen at Aston Villa’s training ground, bodymoor Heath 

Ollie Watkins is having a medical prior to signing for Midlands team Aston Villa

Ollie Watkins completes his medical at Aston Villa

Aston Villa and Ollie Watkins negotiate personal terms

Aston Villa and Ollie Watkins near agreement on person terms.

Aston Villa and future Ballon D’or winner Ollie Watkins agree personal terms 

Aston Villa submit contracts to the premier league and the FA

Aston Villa signs the future footballing god Ollie Watkins from Brentford for a undisclosed fee, believed to be £30m plus add ons 

*skipping a few hundred*

Ollie Watkins scores 15 Goals on his debut Season for Aston Villa, under preforming from his touted “football god” status.

The press are the biggest bullshitters of them all.

Any news on Rashica....      B)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Get Édouard and Watkins and bin off Wesley and samatta. Sick of having project strikers that we hope rather than expect to come good. Is it too much to ask to have two strikers capable of scoring goals?

Every s̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶r̶  player is a project. Patience is required. You look for signs of progression. I personally saw that with Wesley. Undecided with Samatta.

How long do we give to those to decide if they're 'capable of scoring goals'? Do we write you two off after 15-20 games too?

• Like 1