Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thauvin didn’t do too well at Newcastle from what I remember

Who did? He played in the Shteve '22.6 win percentage' McLaren era tbf. He's been excellent at Marseille since - maybe he fancies another crack at the prem?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

no sign of any one coming this week whats going on

What kind of sign are you looking for? A big neon one? Smoke signals over Villa Park? The club will be working on a number of transfers, it’s a complicated business that takes time. Be patient, it will happen. 

PS: it probably won’t be today. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Who did? He played in the Shteve '22.6 win percentage' McLaren era tbf. He's been excellent at Marseille since - maybe he fancies another crack at the prem?

It sometimes happens especially with young players that they don’t settle at first, go back home, do well and then come back to the Premier League for an increased fee. Have you seen much of Marseille lexicon? 

On 22/08/2020 at 20:54, Made In Aston said:

Sign him up then! We love Danes at Villa 👌🏻

Its kind of 50/50 isnt it?

We loved Kent Nielsen and Martin Laursen, not so much Jores Okore and Nicklas Helenius ;) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

no sign of any one coming this week whats going on

Scary how a majority of our fan base have quoted we’ll be okay with less than 5 signings. Anyone with a footballing brain will know that we need a minimum of 5 and i cannot stress that any more!. And just by looking at that shortlist below you could argue more is required ( No in fact more is required). However lets focus on quality where we can. Watkins ill take as long as we have another striker who would be regarded as a statement of intent alongside with him , we do need two wingers but we might not be able to throw the substantial funds needed and we certainly need a box to box midfielder.. And lets not get carried away in thinking our defence is lovely jubbly because its far from it. We need at least one signing there and i dont know whether thats LB,RB or CB but some addition is needed. I dont mind waiting aslong as 3/5 signings are done a week or so before the first game. Another concern and i do like DS especially as hes one of us but i dont know if he can step it up and turn us into a big force if we can make the signings capable of bringing us to that next level would love a young versatile coach like Nagelsmann🙂

GK 

2 Midfielders 

1 Defender

1 Striker 

4 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Its kind of 50/50 isnt it?

We loved Kent Nielsen and Martin Laursen, not so much Jores Okore and Nicklas Helenius ;) 

And Schmeichel was kinda OK but only here for a season. 9 clean sheets and a goal thou.

• Like 1

Florian Thauvin was only 22 when he was at Newcastle, playing in a poor side and only made 13 appearances. His record since going back to Marseille is much better, 55 goals in 121 appearances. I haven’t watched him play recently but on the face of it, he could be a smart signing for our front three.

AE143EDA-A3F7-4F81-878A-C5D02748AF9A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thauvin would be a stupendous signing, as long as he's fully recovered from his ankle surgery that is.

Left footed cutting in from the right, great shot technique, explosive and great on the ball. Not the best defensively but still OK. Can play on either flank or in the middle.

Best player we've been linked to so far IMO. Not saying we are actually in the race for him thou.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Scary how a majority of our fan base have quoted we’ll be okay with less than 5 signings. Anyone with a footballing brain will know that we need a minimum of 5 and i cannot stress that any more!. And just by looking at that shortlist below you could argue more is required ( No in fact more is required). However lets focus on quality where we can. Watkins ill take as long as we have another striker who would be regarded as a statement of intent alongside with him , we do need two wingers but we might not be able to throw the substantial funds needed and we certainly need a box to box midfielder.. And lets not get carried away in thinking our defence is lovely jubbly because its far from it. We need at least one signing there and i dont know whether thats LB,RB or CB but some addition is needed. I dont mind waiting aslong as 3/5 signings are done a week or so before the first game. Another concern and i do like DS especially as hes one of us but i dont know if he can step it up and turn us into a big force if we can make the signings capable of bringing us to that next level would love a young versatile coach like Nagelsmann🙂

GK 

2 Midfielders 

1 Defender

1 Striker 

I think as the weeks go by - we are lower our expectations !

I think we will quite soon get ollie watkins

Our other major signing will be a wide player IMO.

Then we will have loans and players under 10m at CB, FB and maybe even GK.

I think the net spend of £100m may have been wishful thinking. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have you seen much of him at Marseille? If so, how have you seen him?

Nothing, I don’t watch French football, but his stats look pretty good to me. 

The only reason I mentioned him was his rumoured availability, price and pedigree versus the fees being chucked around for relatively unproven options in the UK market. 

98F7F13A-9B38-448D-8508-4E2556D95E93.jpeg

• Thanks 1